Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Planned modifications on my SRT6

Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Planned modifications on my SRT6

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
I understand DA just fine, thanks. Trying to use "adjusted" times as your actual time is a crutch that people use to make excuses. I and many others see it as bad as all the excuses ricers use when they lose a race.

sorry but using "da adjusted" times are not REAL OR VALID times. The times that show on your timeslip ARE however REAL AND VALID times. Anything else is just a wild guess/excuse.

Maybe baseball, football, the olympics, doctors, lawyers and so on can start using "adjusted" times, scores, and so on.

Regardless, I apologize to the original poster for this thread going off topic.
Lol I agree.....I also understand DA and honestly, I really don't think it plays as much of a roll cruzin makes it out to be with these cars. I have run 12.2's in 0 DA and I have run 12.2's in 1500 DA. I think these cars are more sensitive to humidity than anything.......

Old 11-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by distantpulse
Lol I agree.....I also understand DA and honestly, I really don't think it plays as much of a roll cruzin makes it out to be with these cars. I have run 12.2's in 0 DA and I have run 12.2's in 1500 DA. I think these cars are more sensitive to humidity than anything.......
The humidity is factored into calculating the DA, along with temps, barometric pressure. If your running 12.2's in 0 DA then it's your setup or something very wrong. Or spinning half way past the 100' mark. I know your a good driver, so it's the car.

With over 300 passes in temps from 55 degrees all the way up to 112 degrees, humidity varying at every season, and with the help of my performaire 2 my car's adjustment is .01 to .02 per 100'. That means my ET that I'm running at that moment will go up or down by those increments per every 100' of DA that has changed due to weather.

It makes more of a difference in our SC cars, like the E55's, then say the E63 which are N/A's. If it didn't play as big of part then there would be at least 10-15 SRT6's in the 11's by now. We are all making the same power with identical mods. Some with more mods, some with less. Your saying with the same mods as mine just show up at any track and pull 11's. Hmmm? Very interesting.

I run with bracket racing N/A cars all the time, and DA doesn't affect their cars nearly as much as ours.

Again I don't believe in correcting timeslips to sea level either. Only excuse you get from it if one is correcting their times. Even ricers in these parts don't correct their times. Once distantpulse gets his tune right he will see 11.7's mark my word, and it won't happen above 1600' DA unless he sprays.

Some good stuff and numbers to prove me wrong. Good luck. Enjoy I'm done trying to help.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Good thing your not a pilot. Many a plane (and their passengers) are enjoying the view from the bottom of Lake Tahoe.

Classic DA training film...

Density Altitude Training Film from the FAA | Ask a Flight Instructor

Old 11-27-2009, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by cruzinquick
The humidity is factored into calculating the DA, along with temps, barometric pressure. If your running 12.2's in 0 DA then it's your setup or something very wrong. Or spinning half way past the 100' mark. I know your a good driver, so it's the car.

With over 300 passes in temps from 55 degrees all the way up to 112 degrees, humidity varying at every season, and with the help of my performaire 2 my car's adjustment is .01 to .02 per 100'. That means my ET that I'm running at that moment will go up or down by those increments per every 100' of DA that has changed due to weather.

It makes more of a difference in our SC cars, like the E55's, then say the E63 which are N/A's. If it didn't play as big of part then there would be at least 10-15 SRT6's in the 11's by now. We are all making the same power with identical mods. Some with more mods, some with less. Your saying with the same mods as mine just show up at any track and pull 11's. Hmmm? Very interesting.

I run with bracket racing N/A cars all the time, and DA doesn't affect their cars nearly as much as ours.

Again I don't believe in correcting timeslips to sea level either. Only excuse you get from it if one is correcting their times. Even ricers in these parts don't correct their times. Once distantpulse gets his tune right he will see 11.7's mark my word, and it won't happen above 1600' DA unless he sprays.

Some good stuff and numbers to prove me wrong. Good luck. Enjoy I'm done trying to help.
Ok, so what are you saying you would run in 0 DA?

Old 11-27-2009, 04:33 AM

Ok, so what are you saying you would run in 0 DA?
11.70-11.84 based on my .01 to .02 per 100'.

Brian comparing cars and planes and through a 1/4 mile where the DA likely would be the same from start to finish. How many times would the DA change on a flight? Probably many times depending on distance. Also how many planes are supercharged, and how are they affected by DA compared to N/A planes. Run your car at the track first, then run it in different DA's then compare it to planes. Look forward to your actual experience findings from running your car, not your plane.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never said it did, but didn't need the mani's or dual intakes or spray to hit 11's. Just the 178, single nw, IM tune, and tires, yes still the fastest with the least amount of mods. Yes on stock mani's and the extra $2000 in mods are icing to get deeper in the 11's.

I said no c3 pulley has hit 11's without spray. Period, nothing about consistently, just once. There is not one SRT6 out there regardless of mods that will hit 11's all year round. If there is have them prove it.

I never bashed the C3, I only argued that it's not equal to the 178 when many here praised that it was. When it was first produced C3 claimed it was equal to the 178 and all the kool aid drinkers swallowed it up. It's close and an easy install. If a belt wrap kit wasn't needed with the C3 then it wouldn't have been created, so add that part to the list.

BMorgan- you don't know me. If you didn't get what I meant about the bottle then don't comment, those that understood got it. If you need your chest pounded then go for it, but you make zero sense with your comment. If you didn't like what I posted then simply point it out and refute it or you could send a PM. There was good information in that post, but you didn't get past the first two lines. Come on get real.
i maybe wrong here but it looks like you are telling a different story here:

11' finally! with the IM's!
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-finally.html

12's with just the pulley tune and drag radials, slower actually than the code3 times:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-inmotion.html

also, if your going to now make the claim you ran 11's with just the pulley tune and tires you may want to delete your sig. but wait, too late i copied it in this post

Stock (13.26) Needswings Intake (12.78)
178mm ASP crank pulley, Hoosier 16" DR's (12.52)
InMotion Rob's Tune (12.02)
All done with stock cooling, exhaust, and ignition.
Needswings Mani's(11.976@116.75 2100' DA)
Needswings ypipe(11.891@117 1600' DA)
Best 60' 1.72

quote from your thread where you FIRST ran 11's and you state it was with the manifolds on!

Yep that's a snap shot and the line is 3rd gear changing to 4th gear. My o2 bung is in between the 1st and 2nd cat. Can you imagine what kind of power I would be running if I was at 17 AFR? I'm not that daring though even though it's not a daily driver.
Read my first post, dang buicks. They are breaking the track all the time. One hit another car and took out the 60' lights in the process. Yep with the mani's on. I'm sure my 60' times were killer, but would be nice to know how low they were. My first pass at 12.008 was before the accident and with spinning the tires I had a 1.901, that's what brought the mph up.

I run 100 oct Torco racing fuel.
here is the post in that thread:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/321986-post21.html
Where is the thread/timeslip where you ran 11's with just a pulley/tune/tires? Your previous threads and signature text do not agree with that claim. The threads i located all show you stating that you had the intake manifolds and the 2nd thread shows you had the IM's and the ported/polished/coated Y pipe along with the before mentioned mods.

If it is something I overlooked please post the link along with the timeslip. Or were you referring to a "corrected" timeslip?

Also, when you stated "Can you imagine what kind of power I would be running if I was at 17 AFR?", I hope you realize you can not just keep subtracting fuel on a car and it will keep making more and more power. Cars do have that "zone/range" you can tune within but if it was as simple as subtracting fuel to make more and more power then we would all have 3000whp dragsters when we ran our tanks out of gas because then we would have a 0:1 afr lol.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-27-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:46 PM

11.70-11.84 based on my .01 to .02 per 100'.

Brian comparing cars and planes and through a 1/4 mile where the DA likely would be the same from start to finish. How many times would the DA change on a flight? Probably many times depending on distance. Also how many planes are supercharged, and how are they affected by DA compared to N/A planes. Run your car at the track first, then run it in different DA's then compare it to planes. Look forward to your actual experience findings from running your car, not your plane.
Ok, I can buy that. That is assuming your tune doesn't lean out like mine does right now in good weather. Should have mine dyno tuned and ready in the next week or two. Can't wait!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 AM

Where is the thread/timeslip where you ran 11's with just a pulley/tune/tires? Your previous threads and signature text do not agree with that claim. The threads i located all show you stating that you had the intake manifolds and the 2nd thread shows you had the IM's and the ported/polished/coated Y pipe along with the before mentioned mods.

If it is something I overlooked please post the link along with the timeslip. Or were you referring to a "corrected" timeslip?

Also, when you stated "Can you imagine what kind of power I would be running if I was at 17 AFR?", I hope you realize you can not just keep subtracting fuel on a car and it will keep making more and more power. Cars do have that "zone/range" you can tune within but if it was as simple as subtracting fuel to make more and more power then we would all have 3000whp dragsters when we ran our tanks out of gas because then we would have a 0:1 afr lol.
It was when I sent back my mani's to have them coated, and installed the stock mani's back on. It was only an 11.99 and not better than my best of 11.97 which is now 11.96 in AZ. What you dismiss with the mani's because of the cost is the fact they lower boost and still outperform the stock mani's. Less boost means my motor is not running as hard as others without the mani's. Test it yourself and come back with the results.

I know your sore that I don't acknowledge your 11 sec pass because it was on spray. Good job on driving, that deserves an atta boy!! There it is put it to rest or run an 11 without spray. Check the meth discussion on mb. I do believe it may cause some corrosion, but we won't know until someone like you tries it for an extended period of time. I give you credit for risking your motor for the forum. Another atta boy!!

On AFR's are you serious? That's not even a discussion. Couldn't I have been anymore sarcastic for you to get it?

The only reason I encourage members to use DA readings when running at the track is so they can compare to other members with similiar mods under different conditions. At least they know there is not something wrong with their car. I know you disagree anything I say about DA, but that's ok just like we have our difference of opinion on the use of meth. Oh well.

Distant -- you will be there and I'll be happy when you do. It gives me hope to search for the same conditions and add an 11.7 slip to the mix. 11.6's that's a whole 2 tenths and it's hard enough to pick up a tenth, so don't think that will ever happen for me. I'm ok with it. I'm almost done with the six and will start saving for an SL55 a couple of yrs down the road. I'm sure Rob will have some goodies ready by then.

I'm done with this one, at least for a good week. LOL

Old 11-29-2009, 11:16 AM

It was when I sent back my mani's to have them coated, and installed the stock mani's back on. It was only an 11.99 and not better than my best of 11.97 which is now 11.96 in AZ. What you dismiss with the mani's because of the cost is the fact they lower boost and still outperform the stock mani's. Less boost means my motor is not running as hard as others without the mani's. Test it yourself and come back with the results.

I know your sore that I don't acknowledge your 11 sec pass because it was on spray.
Good job on driving, that deserves an atta boy!! There it is put it to rest or run an 11 without spray. Check the meth discussion on mb. I do believe it may cause some corrosion, but we won't know until someone like you tries it for an extended period of time. I give you credit for risking your motor for the forum. Another atta boy!!

On AFR's are you serious? That's not even a discussion. Couldn't I have been anymore sarcastic for you to get it?

The only reason I encourage members to use DA readings when running at the track is so they can compare to other members with similiar mods under different conditions. At least they know there is not something wrong with their car. I know you disagree anything I say about DA, but that's ok just like we have our difference of opinion on the use of meth. Oh well.

Distant -- you will be there and I'll be happy when you do. It gives me hope to search for the same conditions and add an 11.7 slip to the mix. 11.6's that's a whole 2 tenths and it's hard enough to pick up a tenth, so don't think that will ever happen for me. I'm ok with it. I'm almost done with the six and will start saving for an SL55 a couple of yrs down the road. I'm sure Rob will have some goodies ready by then.

I'm done with this one, at least for a good week. LOL
LMAO! I can not believe how arrogant you are! I know you can not help it that you are slow, no need to be jealous.

Also, do some reading on "spray" or what normal people call alcohol injection, it is not a power adder.

Regardless, lets see this elusive timeslip that you never posted or told anyone about or added to your sig that you are so particular about updating with what you ran with what mods. I am sure it was ran on a 100degree day at 9000ft altitude and 100% humidity for a DA of 100,000ft lmao.

Also, you fibbed a little on your dragtimes 11 second da. Yet another lie you have posted on here to try and make yourself look like a big boy.

I can only imagine how insecure you must be to feel the need to be so arrogant online. Poor guy.

I think you need to change your name to cruizinslow, it suits you better.

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-29-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

not goin' to get in the middle here...but I looked at meth while running with bikecop over a yr ago at US 41 here in IN. I was't sure what effects it would have on the internals so I didn't bite at that time. Hence, watching and learning, trying to get a 'vert to go fast, I just see the meth as a cooling mod although I'm reaching here. If you all do any kind of cooling it helps in all kinds of ways. No leaning out, keeping hp up. I now realize the meth has grt cooling, grt octane improvement as well as other factors. Meth or in the old days, alcohol injection, has been around even before my early '70's racing. I am not going to argue DA having grown up around an airport, where much of our drag racing was done as well. I see the point of the DA discussion if arguing times from a guy in Colorado vs the guy in Louisiana, but now do we argue times with a guy with cooling mods vs a guy without, or a guy with meth vs a guy without....etc...I think we post our times based on our location and what we run...period. This is racing and everyone looks for an edge to go faster...you need just pick a direction and go..racing is racing...just my take on it...not taking sides here

Old 11-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

doc, who's the grumpy looking cop???

Old 11-29-2009, 11:43 AM

me, after work...hi Mikey.....

Old 11-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

so, Cruzin....your best without the mani's is 11.99, and your best with the mani's is 11.97. I hope you didn't pay too much for them. They are not the NW mani's are they? Dang I would be pissed if I invested $1400 in a performance mod, and could only pick up 2/100s. That would have to be the worst bang for the buck ever on this car.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:57 PM

before you believe anything he says, he needs to post up the DATED timeslip of this mysterious 11.99 run lol. It is really odd that he has a list of what his best times are for his mods in his sig but he never updated it with this 11.99 run or mentioned this before. How odd, I just can not figure out why. It is a mystery I suppose lol.

I guess he only acknowledges big buck for your hp dollar mods and only if HE has them lmao. Remember guys, he is the racing god and no matter what his times are the fastest even if they are slower. (well in his mind anyway lmao!)

bmorgan here is roughly what i have in my setup:

code3 pulley- $500 (original pulley in group buy, not acknowledged by cruizinslow lmao)
Needswings cai- $350 (i think, in group buy. cruizinslow approved because he has one lmao)
Inmotion tune-$500 (cruizinslow approved because he has one lmao)
AIS injection-$215 (now acknowledged by cruizinslow because he does not understand how it works lmao)

Rough total of performance mods: $1,565

Plus drag radials/wheels for traction-$500

Being faster in higher da than cruizinslow for significantly less money, PRICELESS!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:24 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I believe Cruzin' is honest about his times; I just think it has a lot more to do with track prep, DA, weight, traction, and most of all, his many years of drag racing experience.

If all it took was to purchase and bolt on the same mods, there should be a lot more SRT6 owners smashing into the 11's by now.

Best thing to do is show up at the West Coast Shootout and stage up next to him....and when the tree flashes green..............

Last edited by BrianBrave; 11-29-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 PM

Alot more SRT6s need to show up at the tracks like Fontana, Famoso, and Sacramento. I've been to them a couple times but never seen one SRT6 yet.

I need some motivation people, see my friggin' sig.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:32 PM

there are so many variables at the track (which is what makes it fun) like brianbrave said. my family and i have tuned/built cars all my life and i personally have been racing since 2002 (not as long as a lot of you most likely). i own a forum that is all about performance and we have street cars making 600whp to over 1000whp and we meet up and race together and help each other all the time. i just pay attention to the guys that make more power with less and listen to what they have to say. i do a lot of research and studying up on what works and what does not work and what is "safe" (although any mod is a risk on a car.)

track prep most definately makes a huge difference in your times. i only wish i could have hit up the track back in april on a good track prep day when i was trapping just under 115mph with street tires/pulley/cai/tune only.

track altitude, the track itself, your tires, weight (i had a trunk full of crap when I ran), quality of gas, little things like a dirty air filter (every .0001 second counts lol) and so on. you could easily make a huge list of all the things that can affect your times.

racing and modding your car is fun and so is the competition against each other. i think it would be great if everyone was running 10's with these cars. the more that are running fast times the better we can brag about our cars. any mod that works on our cars or just cars period is a good mod. if it gains you power/speed and it works then that is great.

i have nothing agains't cruizin (other than his arrogance ) though i do like calling him out lol. arguing about mods, times, etc is all part of loving cars and tuning them. it is all in fun, i am having a blast playing around with my car and arguing what is good and what is not.

well i am out, i just mounted winter tires/wheels on two of my cars so i need to go take a shower and get ready to go out. it has snowed here for the past 3 days and today is the first day we have had nice weather so i am going to hit up a movie/dinner and some shopping (yuck).

Last edited by mrphotoman; 11-29-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:40 PM

now that's what is all about....it's fun for me to go back to the track after so many years of being away from it. I just ran my last times on track I hadn't raced at since 1973. The announcer even had fun with it. I'll have to learn to videos and such, but it was a blast...I have quicker times coming, 'cause I screwed up on both the runs I had that night, which I know cost me at least a 10th or 2....so, 11's are in reach for my 'vert...which I could say is heavier and be right, but that just means I need to make more hp, no excuses, my times are my times...so, maybe once we get this St. Louis GtG out of the way, I can look into a track while out there for the 2010 Crossfire Nat'ls....lol

Old 11-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
I believe Cruzin' is honest about his times; I just think it has a lot more to do with track prep, DA, weight, traction, and most of all, his many years of drag racing experience.

If all it took was to purchase and bolt on the same mods, there should be a lot more SRT6 owners smashing into the 11's by now.

Best thing to do is show up at the West Coast Shootout and stage up next to him....and when the tree flashes green..............
Now that's what I'm talking about. I'm also trying to hit Sacramento and Famoso in Dec and Jan.

Photo - Brian is right all the factors have to be lined up or it doesn't happen. The difference is I know my car down to the hundredth of a second due to my data collected and entered in my PA2. If I'm looking to hit 11's I simply go outside take a weather reading and my PA2 comes back with the DA and expected ET. If it's not anywhere near 12.00 then I stay home. If it's a bracket race then I have to stay above 11.99 or I automatically break out and lose in the sportsman class, so I'm not looking to be in the 11's the majority of the time. Run an 11.99 without spray and I'll post my slip. Hit MIR and take your drag radials. At the very least you can lend them to Bulldogger and Zahanma so they can hit 11's.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you say snow? Its nice on this side of the mountains?

Quick Reply: Planned modifications on my SRT6