Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Keeping the srt...

Old 08-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keeping the srt...

After originally deciding to sell the car and get something a little bigger, I have decided to keep the car. Regardless that theres no backseat, no storage, and not very good for my equipment, the fun in the drive won me over. Being in police academy I figured getting something bigger was a better option. I drove a CTS-V, Trailblazer SS, SRT-8 Grand Cherokee, the srt-6 kept my interest.
Long story short this car is truly a work of art. For the price we pay its a huge bang for your buck.
I've been around the srt-6 for a year now, and the N/A for 4 years and I have just now decided to become active on the forum.
I hope to enjoy this car for at least another two years, as long as the car keeps up with the miles I rack on it. I searched for months and within a 25,000 dollar limit I could not find another USED car worth purchasing. But the cts-v gave me a good run...
Anyway, I was just wanting to state the fact that everyone on this forum knows, whether you have a srt or an N/A this cars are simply remarkable.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: Keeping the srt...

Originally Posted by major187
After originally deciding to sell the car and get something a little bigger, I have decided to keep the car. Regardless that theres no backseat, no storage, and not very good for my equipment, the fun in the drive won me over. Being in police academy I figured getting something bigger was a better option. I drove a CTS-V, Trailblazer SS, SRT-8 Grand Cherokee, the srt-6 kept my interest.
Long story short this car is truly a work of art. For the price we pay its a huge bang for your buck.
I've been around the srt-6 for a year now, and the N/A for 4 years and I have just now decided to become active on the forum.
I hope to enjoy this car for at least another two years, as long as the car keeps up with the miles I rack on it. I searched for months and within a 25,000 dollar limit I could not find another USED car worth purchasing. But the cts-v gave me a good run...
Anyway, I was just wanting to state the fact that everyone on this forum knows, whether you have a srt or an N/A this cars are simply remarkable.
The perma grin is incurable. Sorry.

But, it is priceless.

My name is Franc, and I have been 1,278 days with my Crossfire.
Welcome to our support group

Old 08-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm glad to see another owner keeping their XF. I thought when I sold my SRT8 Jeep that it would be missed terribly, but to my surprise I don't miss it at all. I especially don't miss the fuel economy. I'm really enjoying this car.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

as donnie baker would say "ITS STATE LAW MAN ! EVERY COP NEEDS AN XFIRE !" just ask oledoc!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Forum Regular

Yep, that's what did it for me. At the price these cars are selling for, there is no other used car I could find that could touch the performance, looks, quality, value, and feeling of driving enjoyment.

Even looking at new cars like say a 370Z or Mustang GT, they offer about equal performance, nice looks (I like the SRT6 better), and you can get a bunch of new gadgets that weren't offered in 2005. But the whole value proposition sort of falls apart when you compare a $35K - $40K price tag to the average $16 - $19K price of a low mileage SRT6.

Now shhhhhh!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:08 AM

Glad you decided to be more active on this great forum of ours. The SRT-6 is an amazing machine indeed.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM

I keep thinking that it would be smarter to sell my car and get something bigger but I just can't get myself to do it. I just turned 60,000 on my 05 SRT so i will need somthing withing the next year so I don't get the miles up to high. I really want to keep this car for a long time.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Less than 3000 people on the PLANET get to have to pleasure of ownership. That is a pretty limited & exclusive group.

To put that number in perspective, according to Ferrarilife.com there were 4305 Ferraris sold in 2001.

Lamborghini Gallardo, those common cars - 10,574 including the Spyder

Aston Martin Vantage??? 3000/yr & that's a freaking ASTON MARTIN!!!!

Just under 2000 1970 Plymouth Superbirds were made ...... someone remind me, are those things expensive these days?!? Those were hard sells & nobody wanted them for many years. I'm sure they don't bring very much money.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:00 PM
PNA

I want to keep mine for a very very long time. I have an 04 Limited with just under 20K miles. Bought it last August with just under 6K on the clock. It's been my daily .........but my son is going off to college next week so I get my other car back to begin using for the daily grind. My XFire will get used on weekends and occassionally during the week. I have to say though, I enjoy driving it so much that I'm goind to miss using it as a daily.

I almost bought another XFire last week........one just like mine but with the manual. It had 120K on the clock and I thought....... heck, I can still enjoy driving an XFire as a daily and keep my other for special use .. keeping the miles down. Logic prevailled (college payments seem to be a priority)............for now.........so I'll just use my SLE Bonny as my communter. I have to say, I it's a great looking big car and really comfortable.