Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Resonator Delete

Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Resonator Delete

Originally Posted by mjgroves
Hey fred, whereabouts in n. calif are you located? I'm considering this mod myself and I'd like to meet up with someone from the bay area who has had this mod done... prob have a nice discussion in the process.

Anyone interested? I'm in Willow Glen area, san jose.
I'm in Antioch about 11/2 hrs from you yea lets meet up for coffee ...anyone wants to join in speak up...yea i do like the sound munch better now....

Old 05-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Fred,

Do you ever make it down closer to San jose area? If not that's cool, we can still meet up halfway (say, dublin or something). I would love to hear this!

Now... thread hijack time!

Everyone knows doing the resonator delete results in a minor loss of torque due to the slight loss of backpressure. With that said, would this result in HP gain because of better flow? The threads I've read don't really clarify this. I'm guessing the 20 lb savings would negate your torque losses at the very least...

Thoughts! ?

Last edited by mjgroves; 05-25-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mjgroves
Fred,

Do you ever make it down closer to San jose area? If not that's cool, we can still meet up halfway (say, dublin or something). I would love to hear this!

Now... thread hijack time!

Everyone knows doing the resonator delete results in a minor loss of torque due to the slight loss of backpressure. With that said, would this result in HP gain because of better flow? The threads I've read don't really clarify this. I'm guessing the 20 lb savings would negate your torque losses at the very least...

Thoughts! ?
the resonator delete does not result in a loss of back pressure you still have your 4 cats in there that are plenty of back pressure and pluss a muffler....if you look inside the resonator you will see there is not munch in the way to make back pressure(all i could see is some packing on the inside walls).....if you go strait pipe all the way than maybe some loss....

Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daithi2
$130 seems high, i got rid of secondary cats and resonator for $75 with them building a merge.
I paid $147 for my resonator delete in Des Moines, IA. Seemed like a good deal.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by X-Fire_srt6
I paid $147 for my resonator delete in Des Moines, IA. Seemed like a good deal.
yea the more people i talk to the more that sounds to be about the average price....and to me the sound is a lot better than the stock sounding exhaust it now has that sporty sound....what do you think ?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by fastfred
yea the more people i talk to the more that sounds to be about the average price....and to me the sound is a lot better than the stock sounding exhaust it now has that sporty sound....what do you think ?
Worth every one of the 12500 pennies I spent on mine!

KevinL

Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by fastfred
I'd have to say the same. I did a lot of time researching what to do for mine. The resonator delete was definitely the best choice for me.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Wondering if anyone knows of anyplace in Connecticut or nearby would works on these and can do/install mods. the local chrysler dealership seemed to have no idea or knowledge about the card as well as a local shop owner who took a month to replace the shift assembly. Would love to get the resonator delete done i just dont want to get ripped off or be without the car for several weeks

Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM

what part of ct you from? I could probably help you do it. i did the muffler delete from mine if you wanted to hear that. Im in central ct. where you from? i have the welder and the stainless wire just need to get the piping.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:10 AM

Update I have done a resonator and muffler delete straight pipe back to stock tips sounds like a beast some drown slight loss low-end torque , i'm in the central valley California area

Old 03-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fdelgado
Update I have done a resonator and muffler delete straight pipe back to stock tips sounds like a beast some drown slight loss low-end torque , i'm in the central valley California area

Are you reasonably able to provide a video clip of the sound? Thanks!

Old 03-20-2017, 03:11 PM

sound clips never do justice, in my research all that I've heard just make me more confused,, this combination loud thinking about putting straight through MF muffler on rear in future