Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

intercooler leaking

Old 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default intercooler leaking

Ok. I need help please. Today I found out my intercooler is leaking. My car has a warranty. But warranty said they will not cover it. I am going to attach pics of my warranty. Please tell me if it should be covered. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: intercooler leaking

How did you confirm that the intercooler was leaking?

Old 02-07-2014, 07:22 PM
Forum Regular

You need to look at the inclusions & exclusions of your warranty to know if it is covered. Without knowing what your warranty says no one on this board can accurately answer your question.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 PM

I don't know what your warranty says (as mentioned in fine print), but if you've done any mods to the engine systems (i.e. 178 or 181 pulley, code 3, throttle upgrades, etc) I think you're S.O.L. No warranty I have ever heard of, will cover if the engine and systems are not OEM. I could be wrong, but ?????? Good luck

Old 02-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Forum Regular

Please to Troubleshooting & Technical & Modificationsodtab. I have attached what is covered. Thank you very much. Rob told me intercooler is leaking from the manifolds I sent in as a core had coolant in them.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Forum Regular

Gotcha, Rob assisted me as well when I switched out my intake manifolds which included checking for leaking coolant. He knows his stuff.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:15 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
I don't know what your warranty says (as mentioned in fine print), but if you've done any mods to the engine systems (i.e. 178 or 181 pulley, code 3, throttle upgrades, etc) I think you're S.O.L. No warranty I have ever heard of, will cover if the engine and systems are not OEM. I could be wrong, but ?????? Good luck
Thanks for the luck. The mechanic put stock parts back on for warranty purpose. The intercooler is stock. Once the warranty is replaced going to put all new performance parts on.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:32 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

you need to post in section....one only...that way we can help. Small Claims, it is covered. BUT, you can buy an inner cooler from Rudy....that will solve all your problems. Never leak again, if you plan on keeping the car.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
you need to post in section....one only...that way we can help. Small Claims, it is covered. BUT, you can buy an inner cooler from Rudy....that will solve all your problems. Never leak again, if you plan on keeping the car.
He posted his problem here and his WTB post in the WTB forum so there is no problem.
Posting hints and solutions to his problem in both forums by others is a problem.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

REALLY....well, if I am a problem, you help him.....I will reframe from helping anyone...that way there won't be a problem... But, one post of I want to fix it, buy a used one, or a new one would be so simple. Repairing seldom works, used would be no better than the one he has, and new would be to buy from Rudy. Done. Pretty damn simple.

Old 02-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
REALLY....well, if I am a problem, you help him.....I will reframe from helping anyone...that way there won't be a problem... But, one post of I want to fix it, buy a used one, or a new one would be so simple. Repairing seldom works, used would be no better than the one he has, and new would be to buy from Rudy. Done. Pretty damn simple.
I agree repairing these parts is a waste of time and he should reframe from doing it.
He put up appropriate posts in the correct places that's all I am saying so don't get your shorts in a knot. If people give him answers in his WTB post that's all right too.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

The good news is it can wait for a long time unless it's gushing without doing harm. So take your time looking or save your dollars for a new one. I paid the first time, ouch. The second time I had to remove the supercharger because of the intercooler, I did it myself. The second time was because of a questionable job the time I paid. There's enough information, photos etc. for you to do it yourself on this forum if you can get up the courage.

Les

Old 02-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As I mentioned in your WTB thread, If you're not already separated/isolated; I would do that. Besides the cooler temp. benefit, you could also run straight distilled water(if not subject to freezing). This would be better than ingesting antifreeze I would think.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Forum Regular

thanks so much for help everyone. Oledoc2 I will only put in one in the future

Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like they should fix this under warranty - k_a_ching$$ - shame because they probably wont let you buy one of Rudy's masterpieces, but opt for the stock mee_hi_kaan job.

I've put a piece of masking tape on my reservoir with 100ml grads on it and check that once a week or so for consumption rate. Not sure about mine ATM.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Forum Regular

thanks for everyones help they are going to fix my intercooler

Old 02-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they fit a new one....you are very lucky - good job.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
If they fit a new one....you are very lucky - good job.
I am waiting to see how they are going to do it. I hope to buy one from Rob

Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by austinbarrylee
I am waiting to see how they are going to do it. I hope to buy one from Rob
If you are having to buy the part, and I know this is somewhat different, but when my dealer had to replace heads on my truck, I supplied them with a better than stock set of head studs(ARP's) to use for the replacement and they had no problem with it because they knew of it as a known issue. As the CAC is a known problem(at least w/ us forum members), perhaps they would be ok w/ you supplying one that Rudy has available if you signed a waiver/hold harmless. Worth a try?

Last edited by dinasrt; 02-12-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
If it's being done under warranty, isn't it their job to buy and supply? .... Now; If you are having to buy the part, and I know this is somewhat different, but when my dealer had to replace heads on my truck, I supplied them with a better than stock set of head studs(ARP's) to use for the replacement and they had no problem with it because they knew of it as a known issue. As the CAC is a known problem(at least w/ us forum members), perhaps they would be ok w/ you supplying one that Rudy has available if you signed a waiver/hold harmless. Worth a try?
I honestly don't know what they are going to. I am thinking they are going to leave the parts to be supplied by the mechanic. Fix the car and just send them the invoice.

Quick Reply: intercooler leaking