Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

How to get that extra 50 Out of the car?

Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get that extra 50 Out of the car?

So I have a question. And to kill the flies before they land on my fruits, I understand the whole keep it strictly bolt on thing, better resale. But I'm curious. So I have an Aero-Blue SRT6 and I'm curious, after my tune, Pulley and DCAI (I was told that should sit you around like 430-450 HP correct me I'm wrong seriously, I'm learning.) is there any known ways to get an extra 50 without running a 50 shot of Nos? Currently I have the tune and next is the pulley (there was a sale in Houston for 250$ for the tune so I snapped at the chance) and they quoted me 600 for the new pulley but I can't seem to find it for less than a grand? Just curious if I could get a link fer that (yes I'm looking at needswings). But I know one option is re-running the fuel lines to increase boost, I'm sketchy on that because that means pushing more which means new pistons and probably a new crank so I don't blow it up, though it is an option, has anyone done this? Any price estimates? Past those two ways any ideas how to get that last 50 out of her? I thank you in advance and this is curiosity in case I do decide I want to go all out and start to add more than just my bolt one. Thank you!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: How to get that extra 50 Out of the car?

Just a couple of observations from your post . . .

Having the DCAI, the smaller supercharger pulley (you don't mention which size your'e looking to get) and the tune will not get up anywhere near 430-450 hp. I'm sure someone with those mods who has actually dyno'ed their car will chime in with the more accurate hp increase. Not sure how you could have gotten the proper tune without first having / knowing what size supercharger pulley you are using. Double check that situation as you may want a re-tune after you actually get a pulley.

If you go with a 65mm supercharger pulley, you should not have to make any additional mods to keep the engine performing well and running safely. If you go smaller . . . to a 62mm / 61mm pulley, you will need to make some additional mods including at the very least 1) a high volume SL55 fuel pump 2) an unregulated fuel filter and 3) an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

My experienced advice is that the DCAI, a 65mm pulley and a tune will get you very nice performance enhancements. Unless you're going to be chasing 10ths of a second at the drag strip, I would not go beyond those performance modifications. The possible exception would be to consider a WaveTrac Limited Slip Differential upgrade which will improve your off the line jump and also improve the reliability of the rear end.

Good luck . . . Let us know how you end up . . .

PS - Eurocharged had recently advertised their 65mm pulley AND a tune at a good package price. If you bought your tune from Eurocharged (and I suspect you got it from their Houston location), contact Jake at Eurocharged. Let him know you already have their tune and see how much he wants for their pulley . . .

65mm supercharger pulley and tune sale

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-22-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Forum Regular

I've dyno'd 367 rwhp........so I think with a 17 - 18% drag, that would be about 420bhp, no?

Old 07-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SouthernBronco
So I have a question. And to kill the flies before they land on my fruits, I understand the whole keep it strictly bolt on thing, better resale. But I'm curious. So I have an Aero-Blue SRT6 and I'm curious, after my tune, Pulley and DCAI (I was told that should sit you around like 430-450 HP correct me I'm wrong seriously, I'm learning.) is there any known ways to get an extra 50 without running a 50 shot of Nos? Currently I have the tune and next is the pulley (there was a sale in Houston for 250$ for the tune so I snapped at the chance) and they quoted me 600 for the new pulley but I can't seem to find it for less than a grand? Just curious if I could get a link fer that (yes I'm looking at needswings). But I know one option is re-running the fuel lines to increase boost, I'm sketchy on that because that means pushing more which means new pistons and probably a new crank so I don't blow it up, though it is an option, has anyone done this? Any price estimates? Past those two ways any ideas how to get that last 50 out of her? I thank you in advance and this is curiosity in case I do decide I want to go all out and start to add more than just my bolt one. Thank you!
I think to get 500 HP your options are:

stacked pulleys (see my threads)
NOS & pulley of your choice
E85 & 62mm or 185 pulley

The fuel system and intercooling will need to be significantly upgraded. You'll want the standard intake/exhaust/tune/(wavetrac) mods as well.

Old 07-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

From the best dyno numbers I have seen the DCAI will give you about 45 rwhp and the pulley and tune about another 45 rwhp. This is based upon dynos I have seen for each upgrade separately. That would put the car at about 375 rwhp if 1 + 1 = 2. However, from dynos I have seen from people with all of those upgrades together the numbers tend to be around 365 rwhp.

Of course different dynos on different days and at different locations will always give you different results.

You could also look at the intake manifolds. I would only go with the tweaked ones if you don't want to modify the fuel system.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:52 PM

Ok well I got the 450 or o by this logic. I have been told my tune from surcharge was adding about 70 HP putting it at 380. Ok and then by a quote of someone who I didn't quote they said teach of the pulley and then the intake adds 45 each adding 70 total so on top of that 380 o about 450. I appreciate the information that is telling me it'll be 360. So I will take this info to the bank! Looks like I'm putting a new fuel line and pump in

Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok well I got the 450 or o by this logic. I have been told my tune from surcharge was adding about 70 HP putting it at 380. Ok and then by a quote of someone who I didn't quote they said teach of the pulley and then the intake adds 45 each adding 70 total so on top of that 380 o about 450. I appreciate the information that is telling me it'll be 360. So I will take this info to the bank! Looks like I'm putting a new fuel line and pump in

Don't take it to the bank. You have to realize that the various quotes are usually best case scenarios and having done one mod, the next one probably won't be best case, etc. You can probably see 430 crank hp with everything working well including the fuel feeding upgrade and increased coolant capacity.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Don't take it to the bank. You have to realize that the various quotes are usually best case scenarios and having done one mod, the next one probably won't be best case, etc. You can probably see 430 crank hp with everything working well including the fuel feeding upgrade and increased coolant capacity.

Thats what I'm looking to reach, I can upgrade fuel lines and increase boost so that's no problem

Old 07-23-2014, 07:51 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Eurocharge website says and ECU tune gets you 38 HP, not 70 HP. Although you said Surcharge. Is that a different tuning company? Or maybe you are talking about combo ECU TCU tune?

Old 07-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

All you can do is spend what you have on the various upgrades. Everyone has mentioned where to start and how far you can go. HP numbers don't mean a thing if it all doesn't come together....and sometimes it doesn't. Both my cars have dual CAI's from Needswings. Nice looking, but proven by a lot of testing. Next we went to a pulley. Coupe has a 62mm, roadster the 65mm. The coupe requires a fuel upgrade, the roadster doesn't. Both cars have the modified intake manifolds. Both have Pulley saver kits from Needswings. Gives the supercharger pulley a nice wrap. Both have catch cans, keeps the oil out of the intake. Both have tunes from Eurocharged to bring it all together. With the added HP, both have the upgraded rear end. You have to be able to hold the added HP on launch. There are a host of other mods that support the above mentioned mods as well. Comes down to the $$$$ you have to spend more than how much HP you can produce.... I say this, because the above mentioned mods on these two cars would by you an SRT6 today.

Last edited by oledoc2u; 07-23-2014 at 08:04 PM.