Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Ground Control kit reviews

Old 11-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Ground Control kit reviews

Back with my story of my weekend. First the good news, I was faster. I'm still hitting the camber arms under certain conditions which don't include the track, thank goodness. The sway bar isn't being pushed into the frame seam either so it's slight contact. When I finished my 2nd. heat I was told that my car was trailing some blue smoke. Not much but I packed it in after a track side inspection revealed nothing obvious. Well, it turned out to be "Purple Crack" smoke. My rear Hoosiers were doing a Nascar impression. The only change I made to my car was additional negative camber which caused the rubbing/smoking. Easy fix. (spacers) So, I was faster even with my rear tires braking all around the track. The suspension feels great on track. The tires are lasting what seems forever to me. I'm going to save over a set of tires a year. Talk about a mod that pays for itself. The rubbing also could explain my off track adventures these last 2 events. It's not something I do frequently and it was concerning me a bit. Old and too bold if you get my drift. Nice to know it wasn't that, or stupidity.

Les

Old 11-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were rubbing on the rear inner fender as well, we went 5mm wider and it fixed the problem. Glad you were faster this session....As they say without video it didn't happen

Old 11-03-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Saved by the internets! So, you want to critique my total loss avoidance techniques? Will a screen shot be enough? For all you racer wannabes, when you start getting fast, ship happens and the only way to find out what you've got is to find out.

Les

Old 11-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Saved by the internets! So, you want to critique my total loss avoidance techniques? Will a screen shot be enough? For all you racer wannabes, when you start getting fast, ship happens and the only way to find out what you've got is to find out.

Les
You could always edit out the offs.. I made this little video just so you don't feel so alone, it's short and to the point.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:53 PM

Has anyone just bought the $599 spring only kit? Would this kit be ideal for me if I don't race but yet I want better looks and handling for the street? What makes the Ground Control kit different from the $250 Eibach kit for our cars? Responses Appreciated

Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Forum Regular

For a group that was so excited for updates and so upset when they weren't timely enough it sure is awful quiet in here?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Forum Regular

Lol true statement

Old 11-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

spending 1500 comes a little slower for some....it will happen in do time.... a few other parts have come up since this came available.... or came apart in some cases.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hustler316
For a group that was so excited for updates and so upset when they weren't timely enough it sure is awful quiet in here?
I understand what you're saying, but this thread is for the kit reviews. For the reason Doc just mentioned, I for one have yet to get anything from G.C. other than the sway bar links. I hope we get to see the continued updates and success that you and Les are having though. Your 6 rocks dude. A dedicated race car would be sweet!

Old 11-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I like hearing how you all are making adjustments/alignment and such. Not many shops around here do custom installs but I have a guy....lol

Old 11-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Forum Regular

I assumed more people were getting the street kits, but I haven's heard of anyone installing one yet. I was hoping someone would have one by now. I'd love to hear how they perform.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We got all the info and reviews just in time to have 3" of snow on the ground

Old 11-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
We got all the info and reviews just in time to have 3" of snow on the ground
Throw on a set of Blizzaks and work on your car control....rally style

Old 11-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throw on a set of Blizzaks and work on your car control....rally style
Drifting my WRX in the winter is nearly as fun as tracking the XF in the summer

Plus the XF is getting a full repaint. I will most likely get the GC setup as spring comes around, prices and reviews seem very legit, but just like you said, I was also hoping to get a review on the street setup. I want the race kit, but wonder if that extra tenth at the track is worth comfort when on a longer trip with the future wife...

Old 11-27-2014, 03:25 PM

So what makes Ground Controls spring only kit different from Eibach's spring kit?

Old 11-27-2014, 05:16 PM

Spring only kit gives you choice of different springs and provides easy adjustable ride height.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:00 PM

So then why would it be better than the Eibach kit?

Old 11-27-2014, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by millerzrule22
Really?

Eibach crossfire kit doesn't give you options for spring load rates, ground control allows switching the spring out because it uses a standard and very affordable common spring.(they have custom made race spec adapters top and bottom for all four corners to put in these other springs and the price is rediculous cheap for what you get and the quality) Eibach crossfire kit is also not an adjustable system. You get some lowering compared to stock but you can only fine tune with the OEM spring pads (not very much) and takes a lot more time and energy.

I thought most of this was already posted in these ground control posts.

If you are just looking to get a better look and don't care about getting exactly the way you want and are not concerned about fine tuning and switching out parts to dial in suspension performance then just get the Eibach crossfire kit and be done.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by millerzrule22
The way I understand it, the GC setup is in fact an Eibach kit that allows for variable height adjustments, giving you the option of fine tuning the height. Changing out different spring rates offers even more possibilities. The standalone Eibach kit will only allow you to drop a certain height, period.

I guess I'm like everyone else in that I'm waiting for feedback on how these are working for the common everyday driver. I have larger tires for a more comfortable ride (taller sidewalls) but would like the dropped look while retaining that comfort and avoiding any rubbing. And yes I do have the Konis installed.

Last edited by syfi; 11-27-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:14 PM
Forum Regular

If you guys have questions I highly recommend calling GC (530-677-8600) and ask for Donovan. He will answer all your questions. If you do call and get answers please come back and post what you learned as I'm sure lots of people have the same questions.

Quick Reply: Ground Control kit reviews