Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Scatter-shield for Supercharger Pulley

Old 11-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Scatter-shield for Supercharger Pulley

The SRT-6 / SLK32 / C32 Supercharger Pulley Scattershields are likely to be available by next week.

I just made something I wanted/needed on my car and am making it available to anyone else who wants one as well. I put a bit of thought into the design in an effort to make it both functional and attractive while making it available at a price that I would gladly pay if someone else had made it rather than I.

Driven by my desire to protect my (2) SLK32s (I had a SC pulley let go on my SL55 and other members here have had the SC pulley come apart on their SRT-6, SLK32 and C32 cars), I designed a simple scattershield with the intention of protecting the Hood, Oil Cooler and other surrounding components in the event of an SC pulley failure. These failures have been punctuated by rivets and "dog bones" breaking or by the pressure plate surface itself flying apart (the latter was one of the failure modes discussed in some detail after it happened to two members ... starting around post 316 in that thread https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...le-now-16.html ). Shortly after that in the same thread, there was some interest in my making extras of the scattershield and making them available to other members.

I made the prototypes by hand from aluminum, but in the interest of lower price and best quality, I had a shop that does a lot of work for me do the final version in Stainless .... and I got the first sample today. (PICS BELOW)

I did a test fit, and it is good to go. The install is easy (remove 2 screws holding air injection pipe and relax belt. Scattershield slips into place then is secured by 2 bolts). I do not run with the engine cover normally (as I like to do a regular visual inspection of the SC pulley), but I tested the final version of the scattershield with the SLK32 front engine cover in place and it fits fine.

Anyway, it made sense to move this "list" of those who want to get this piece at the special "IPO" price of $85 each (including hardware) to it's own thread rather than at the end of a very long thread about the karmen pulley.

So here is the deal....

For anyone who is willing to semi-commit to getting one now. The extra special buddy/initial offering price is $85 (including hardware). Shipping in the US (2 day priority) is $12 and will be added as well.

Anyone who wants to order more than one will get the shipping for FREE. There is no commitment required, just say you want one and I will add you to the list. The parts should be done in less than 10 days and then they will be hand inspected and test fit by me before I ship.

When I get the parts, I will let everyone know and the LIST will close.
.... and then those on the list are welcome to pay or back out (with no hard feelings) anyone who didn't get on the list will pay a little more.

To be clear ..... this scatter-shield will work on ALL SRT-6, SLK32 and C32 engines with ALL SuperCharger Pulleys.

Cheers
Chris

"the LIST"

1) JimmySkullz
2,3) JimmieC, JesseJamessrt6 (2 .... free shipping : )
4,5) RED DOG (2 .... free shipping : )
6,7,16) SparkieSRT6 bluecoupe (2 + Belt Wrap Kit .... free shipping : )
8,9) oledoc2u (2 .... free shipping : )
10) L67_Regal
11) dinasrt
12) Thornh
13,14) FUBU (2 .... free shipping : )
15) Egodriver71
17) Buggin
18) bdh
LIST CLOSED

UPDATE 11-18-2014
A Big Thank You to everyone who participated (on the list and otherwise). Those on the list helped to make this happen and were rewarded with a special deal. That deal has ended, but there are still some scatter-shields left that (like ALL the rest that have shipped) come with the newer, low-profile hardware and will be available for $95 plus shipping.

Thanks again to everyone who participated!

Chris

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20141104_185341[1].jpg (504.2 KB, 325 views)
20141104_185151[1].jpg (1.52 MB, 271 views)
20141104_184525[1].jpg (1.60 MB, 257 views)
20141104_184448[1].jpg (571.2 KB, 246 views)
20141104_184341[1].jpg (587.9 KB, 272 views)
NewHardware[1].jpg (499.4 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by latemodel21; 11-18-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Scatter-shield for Supercharger Pulley

looks AWESOME....better than factory I'm still "in" for mine. Let me know how/when you want payment.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:46 AM

If anyone else in FL wants to go 'in' with me and we can meet somewhere to take advantage of his free shipping for two?

Old 11-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Forum Regular

Anybody in New York or Long Island want to go in on two?

Old 11-05-2014, 07:24 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one wants to be left of this great offer. Please add another Scatter-shield to my shipment. Thank you.
PM sent.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

thanks Chris....been waiting on this before inspecting my 62mm.....might as well do it all at once....let us know when to pay

Old 11-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I don't own a SC, but it looks very professional. Nice Job. James

Old 11-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
I don't own a SC, but it looks very professional. Nice Job. James
I think even the NA guys could benefit from this kit, at least aesthetically.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome!!

Old 11-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Forum Regular

Adding another one for ya

thanks Cuz

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
No one wants to be left of this great offer. Please add another Scatter-shield to my shipment. Thank you.
PM sent.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by latemodel21; 11-06-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now finally I dare to add the 61mm together with the ttm stuff

Old 11-06-2014, 05:43 PM

I am ready to pay for and receive two. please inform how and when. Jessie and I are waiting. Thanks Chris

Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JimmieC
I am ready to pay for and receive two. please inform how and when. Jessie and I are waiting. Thanks Chris
Latest word is that I will have them early next week. I will let everyone know when I am ready to ship (I never take money before I am ready ship).

Cheers,
Chris

Old 11-07-2014, 01:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we live in a such a positive feedback world....
I am very impressed with the engine Chris - very clean.
The idea - very good.
Your tenacity and execution - great - 10x better than mine ever will be.....but...(oh oh...here it goes...)

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say it....I'm not one to lurk in the shadows whispering, but....
I don't like the styling....it ain't MB styling....needs some curves ipod stylist panache...
there you go...I said it....I - personally, think its ugly.
Maybe NW's can flash it up or dumb it down and give you a royalty. ATM it looks like a bolt on farm piece.
Sorry - but my 2c.
But - it would work under my OEM MB Engine cover to possibly protect it.

Beautiful engine all the same, and love all your work.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I guess everyone has their opinion. I personally love the style. Your pulley saver bracket and scatter shield both look great and I am contemplating both. Keep it up

Old 11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Billy22Bob
we live in a such a positive feedback world....
I am very impressed with the engine Chris - very clean.
The idea - very good.
Your tenacity and execution - great - 10x better than mine ever will be.....but...(oh oh...here it goes...)

Unfortunately I'm going to have to say it....I'm not one to lurk in the shadows whispering, but....
I don't like the styling....it ain't MB styling....needs some curves ipod stylist panache...
there you go...I said it....I - personally, think its ugly.
Maybe NW's can flash it up or dumb it down and give you a royalty. ATM it looks like a bolt on farm piece.
Sorry - but my 2c.
But - it would work under my OEM MB Engine cover to possibly protect it.

Beautiful engine all the same, and love all your work.

Stuart, Stuart, Stuart,

To characterize your unsolicited, near-pointless, unnecessary, mean-spirited fashion criticism as thoughtless would overlook the obvious .... you put some thought into it ...

Your inflammatory, rude, "ugly" comments are just that .... inflammatory, rude and ugly

Over the years, we have exchanged more than a few emails and PMs (dare I say, many) that were ALL positive and I had come to think of you as a friend . You have just proven that this is clearly not the case. My understanding of friendship (and apparently, my opinion of "MB-grade styling" vs "ugly farm-grade equipment") clearly differs from yours to the point of being unreconcilable ....

Do us both a favor and let us please leave it at ... Being that our perspectives on "form following function" (and what acceptable form is for that matter) are so diametrically opposed, I would respectfully request that you understand that I have NO future interest in your commentary.

good day

Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
Well I guess everyone has their opinion. I personally love the style. Your pulley saver bracket and scatter shield both look great and I am contemplating both. Keep it up
Finding a proper balance of Style and Function boils down to a matter of opinion. In the case of this part, I am pleased because (to me) it seemed like one wasn't achieved at the expense of the the other. Of course opinions will vary on this (and the importance of Function over Style, for that matter) .... which is why I design to please myself .... if it pleases others, that is frosting on the cake.

Thanks for you kind comments,
Chris

Old 11-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by latemodel21
Stuart, Stuart, Stuart,
To characterize your unsolicited, near-pointless, unnecessary, mean-spirited fashion criticism as thoughtless would overlook the obvious .... you put some thought into it ...
Your inflammatory, rude, "ugly" comments are just that .... inflammatory, rude and ugly
+1 Stuart . . . This thread was specifically started for those interested in purchasing the scatter shield from LateModel21. The time and place for posting opinions and suggestions regarding the design and function of a scatter shield was in other threads where this was very thoroughly covered. Didn't your mama ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." ? ? ?

This is not your first inflammatory post but only your most recent . . . maybe you should look into getting your "meds" adjusted.

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-07-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RED DOG
+1 Stuart . . . This thread was specifically started for those interested in purchasing the scatter shield from LateModel21. The time and place for posting opinions and suggestions regarding the design and function of a scatter shield was in other threads were this was very thoroughly covered. Didn't your mama ever teach you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." ? ? ?

This is not your first inflammatory post but only your most recent . . . maybe you should look into getting your "meds" adjusted.
I appreciate your support, Bob, but I want to discourage further fanning of the flames. I would like to think that Stuart/ Billy22bob begins each day with the best of intentions applying an "end justifies the means" approach to sharing his superior opinions. Now that he has done that, let us ALL please move on and not delve deeper into character analysis or assassination.

Thanks for your support and understanding,

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by latemodel21; 11-07-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Scatter-shield for Supercharger Pulley