Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Just bought EC TCU tune/ forum has me scared

Old 12-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just bought EC TCU tune/ forum has me scared

I just purchased the Eurocharged TCU tune on black Friday cuz they were having a sale on it for $250 and I just installed it back on the car. Can't get any feedback till spring as she is hibernating for the winter. Awesome deal compared to the regular asking price of $599, but I literally haven't seen one positive comment about their TCU Tune. The really low price and the negative feedback raises a flag for me now that I'm thinking about it.

Before purchasing the TCU tune, I actually mentioned to Jerry that I've seen alot of negative feed back on this forum from a few years back about his tune and he assured me that 'all the bugs have been fixed' since then. But I'm reading the forum now and I'm still seeing negative remarks posted as close as a month ago. Really hoping I don't end up regretting this purchase.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Just bought EC TCU tune/ forum has me scared

They may have figured it out. If not, they will take care of it. I wouldn't worry yet. You can give us all a report.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribed. Look forward to your report.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the newest EC TCU tune all of 2014 without a single issue. Including 2 1/2mile runs (well, 1 and a half. blown fuel pump fuse on run 2) and 18 1/4mile passes.

Old 12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Bryan would know.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

same here. it's been flawless

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
I ran the newest EC TCU tune all of 2014 without a single issue. Including 2 1/2mile runs (well, 1 and a half. blown fuel pump fuse on run 2) and 18 1/4mile passes.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I hope I have the same result as most of u seemed to have. Will report back when she hits the pavement again when the weather breaks.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:13 PM

importlab or da55id are either of you datalogging thru the shifts? whats the afr between shifts?

Old 12-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not me. Just got a dyno done and am at 12.0 AFR until 5500 then it rises to 12.8 at redline. No testing between shifts.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Da55id
Not me. Just got a dyno done and am at 12.0 AFR until 5500 then it rises to 12.8 at redline. No testing between shifts.
then your reply that the tune is flawless may be flawed. real time dataloging is were you find out how the tune really is working .(or not)

Old 12-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
then your reply that the tune is flawless may be flawed. real time dataloging is were you find out how the tune really is working .(or not)
And what is it that you want to see, Steve? I know you have a hard on for making Eurocharged look bad, but this TCU tune has come a long way. I have 20+ logs I can post up if you want them, and 20+ passes down the 1320 as well.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what is it that you want to see, Steve? I know you have a hard on for making Eurocharged look bad, but this TCU tune has come a long way. I have 20+ logs I can post up if you want them, and 20+ passes down the 1320 as well.
Don't be so quick to jump on Steve. One thing has nothing to do with another. I've used products from Jerry since the days that he was working with Eric under name L.E.T. and lived in Chicago. Quality vendor and a super good guy that I know personally. And I have a TCU tune from a few years ago that when I shift from 3rd to 4th, makes AFR's go to 18. I'm obviously not using that TCU now. But love the idea of faster shifts and manual mode. If the file has changed, that's good new. The original file came form another AMG type and EC could not change anything other than load it. If you do have graphs, please post them. I'm also interested to know what your rev limiter is set to.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:45 PM

actually i don't have a hard on for any one company. i do however have no issue calling a vendor out when they tell me its a finished product that has been tested fully and i install it and find massive spikes. 6 months down the road they basically bail on me and I'm forced to buy another tcu and have speedriven program it to work. i ran e/c tunes for yrs. worked with jerry and tony when he was still there to set up group tunes. but they decided free retunes for life wasn't a good idea and left me and others hanging.
oe tuning was no different. weistec has left chawkins hanging with his tcu tune on his e55. bip had to step in and try to fix the problems. grip grip has had tcu tunes on his crossfire as well. huge problems as early as a yr ago. multiple times his cl65 tcu had to be adjusted. how can any of this be considered tested and ready for sale?
its a pattern i see to often with tuners who want to sell products that haven't been fully tested and then when theres problems they are nowhere to be found.

I'm glad you have a working setup. but didn't e/c leave you to rework your entire turbo setup yrs ago and never fully tuned it to its potential?

its a issue i have when folks get tunes and never datalog to see whats actually going on. to say the tune is perfect based on a dyno run when you baby step thru 3 gears get it in 4th and punch it. how do you think that even tells you what is happening? real time data is were you see whats going on you know that bryan.

ok rant over. my proefi is giving me fits with the 2 step. no non driven speed sensors responding. the nice thing is my tuner is sending me HIS personal computer from his turbo to install in my car to see if its wiring or computer related. thats the kind of service i look for now. send an email and a reply within minutes. appointments for remote tuning kept and if theres a problem he calls to reschedule instead of crickets. of course i pay huge $$ for this kind of service but its worth it

Old 12-22-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
actually i don't have a hard on for any one company. i do however have no issue calling a vendor out when they tell me its a finished product that has been tested fully and i install it and find massive spikes. 6 months down the road they basically bail on me and I'm forced to buy another tcu and have speedriven program it to work. i ran e/c tunes for yrs. worked with jerry and tony when he was still there to set up group tunes. but they decided free retunes for life wasn't a good idea and left me and others hanging.
oe tuning was no different. weistec has left chawkins hanging with his tcu tune on his e55. bip had to step in and try to fix the problems. grip grip has had tcu tunes on his crossfire as well. huge problems as early as a yr ago. multiple times his cl65 tcu had to be adjusted. how can any of this be considered tested and ready for sale?
its a pattern i see to often with tuners who want to sell products that haven't been fully tested and then when theres problems they are nowhere to be found.

I'm glad you have a working setup. but didn't e/c leave you to rework your entire turbo setup yrs ago and never fully tuned it to its potential?

its a issue i have when folks get tunes and never datalog to see whats actually going on. to say the tune is perfect based on a dyno run when you baby step thru 3 gears get it in 4th and punch it. how do you think that even tells you what is happening? real time data is were you see whats going on you know that bryan.

ok rant over. my proefi is giving me fits with the 2 step. no non driven speed sensors responding. the nice thing is my tuner is sending me HIS personal computer from his turbo to install in my car to see if its wiring or computer related. thats the kind of service i look for now. send an email and a reply within minutes. appointments for remote tuning kept and if theres a problem he calls to reschedule instead of crickets. of course i pay huge $$ for this kind of service but its worth it
Yes, I agree....dyno logs do not show you anything. I was aware you were having issues with your TCU tune, and tried other vendors. I was not aware of what transpired between you or any of the vendors.

As for tuning on my car, I have been tuning it myself for 3 years now. As we all know, being unique and doing mods outside of the norm, on a old platform with no aftermarket ECU support, is beyond challenging. I have spent plenty of time talking with Sound Performance about ProEFI....and if it was cheaper, I would consider doing a universal kit. But spending thousands of dollars on the ECU, sensors and wiring... plus months on building files from scratch, is just something I am not going to do with this engine setup.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:23 AM

Yes, I agree....dyno logs do not show you anything. I was aware you were having issues with your TCU tune, and tried other vendors. I was not aware of what transpired between you or any of the vendors.

As for tuning on my car, I have been tuning it myself for 3 years now. As we all know, being unique and doing mods outside of the norm, on a old platform with no aftermarket ECU support, is beyond challenging. I have spent plenty of time talking with Sound Performance about ProEFI....and if it was cheaper, I would consider doing a universal kit. But spending thousands of dollars on the ECU, sensors and wiring... plus months on building files from scratch, is just something I am not going to do with this engine setup.
Glad you and Steve agree. Now, how about a log, date of the last TCU update by EC and the rev limiter settings? Thank you.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 PM
Forum Regular
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

installed in my car and great results

Old 12-30-2014, 09:49 PM

Got an email tonight from Philip Bulderbergs @ Eurocharged.. Now thats cool.
How much you want to bet its just a hiccup as I said in the other thread.

Will tell you the car pulled freakishly hard with that pulley. I need that

Last edited by TwiceBaked; 12-31-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenin
Glad you and Steve agree. Now, how about a log, date of the last TCU update by EC and the rev limiter settings? Thank you.
I can't help w/ a log just yet, but the rev limiter on the TCU I just got yesterday from EC was 6200 I was told.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=dinasrt;828017]I can't help w/ a log just yet, but the rev limiter on the TCU I just got yesterday

Last edited by srt6Master; 10-23-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You have something unusual going on. Only you can figure it out. I will admit that the TCU tunes I've had .... and have, are no better than stock... or worse. (3:07 and 3:27) No way swapping to a 3:27 slowed you down. It's not the gears.

Les

Quick Reply: Just bought EC TCU tune/ forum has me scared