Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Srt6 at kissimme

Old 01-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Srt6 at kissimme

I was looking over the consignment list for the Mecum auction at Kissimme and noticed that an Aero Blue SRT6 is on the schedule for Thursday the 22nd of Jan. Is this one of our forum members car? It looks pretty clean, I'm curious what this car will go for in comparison to the MBs that are also being sold. For those interested, there is a boat load of 68 -71 Mopar muscle including many Hemis.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: Srt6 at kissimme

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
I was looking over the consignment list for the Mecum auction at Kissimme and noticed that an Aero Blue SRT6 is on the schedule for Thursday the 22nd of Jan. Is this one of our forum members car? It looks pretty clean, I'm curious what this car will go for in comparison to the MBs that are also being sold. For those interested, there is a boat load of 68 -71 Mopar muscle including many Hemis.
Jim
I've seen other Crossfire's go across the Mecum auctions, but not an SRT6. The Mercedes Benz models do not fare to well in their auctions, possibly due to high miles. This is more of a Hot Rod - Muscle Car crowd at these auctions.
They will not mention the miles, unless it is fully documented. The car looks fairly clean, except for a few smudges on the interior and the engine compartment needs a detail.
It will probably sell between $15-$20K, wonder if there is a reserve. Looks like it's from a state that requires front and back plates.
Just my 2 cents....
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 01-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt it will see that much, depending on when it is scheduled to cross the block. The last crossfire I saw cross @ a Mecum auction was the 4th car to cross, and sold @ $5,500. If it gets pushed back to when bidders start to show up instead of car dealers and lookie loos then it might get to 17. It will be interesting to see if we get an honest valuation.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:11 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Also modern things do not do well at Mecom. Suspect there was a peak in the early 2000's but with 400 hp (net, not gross) in Jeeps and 700hp in street cars (with AC and Bluetooth) the market has changed.

Result: Hemis are of interest mainly to collectors (who probably already have one) and not drivers. After all most were really 4,000lb B bodies with big engines. Yes there were pony cars with big engines (e.g. hemi-'cudas) but the problem there was getting the power to the ground and often took major mods.

So the market is fragmenting at the same time that modern iron (or AL) is clearly superior to old school (why restomods are popular).

Exceptional cars with provenance always sell but the rest will be left wondering what happened. (/pont)

Old 01-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

5X47748 is listed on the VIN registry, but no one has ever claimed it.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:43 PM

The car goes on the block on Thursday, fairly late for Kissimme, this is a ten day event with 3000 cars. I follow the market and am aware of the trends but as this is the first SRT6 I have seen at Mecum, I wanted to see if this might show a bit of an upturn for our cars. The several Hemi 'Cudas and Challengers will bring premium green, as always. If I had a bit of excess cash, I would register to bid online.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:54 PM

This is the fourth I've seen at Mecum in recent years. Will not bring $12K, mark my words.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:55 PM

I can check out the car on Saturday as I'm meeting a few other owners there the first weekend.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
I can check out the car on Saturday as I'm meeting a few other owners there the first weekend.
Wish I could be there with you, enjoying the sun and cars, that's as good as it gets. I will be watching on my big screen TV, maybe I'll see you.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:31 AM
Forum Regular

The car goes on the block on Thursday, fairly late for Kissimme, this is a ten day event with 3000 cars. I follow the market and am aware of the trends but as this is the first SRT6 I have seen at Mecum, I wanted to see if this might show a bit of an upturn for our cars. The several Hemi 'Cudas and Challengers will bring premium green, as always. If I had a bit of excess cash, I would register to bid online.
I am holding out hope for this one! I do think it is positioned right to bring some money. Midday Thursday is not a setup for disaster, and with the cars posted to surround it, I think there will be money in the room. I am registered to bid, and hope one of those early Jeeps slip by with little notice.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 05roadsterguy
I am holding out hope for this one! I do think it is positioned right to bring some money. Midday Thursday is not a setup for disaster, and with the cars posted to surround it, I think there will be money in the room. I am registered to bid, and hope one of those early Jeeps slip by with little notice.

I wish you luck, what years are you looking at? I've never been to a Mecum auction in person, I had planned on going to Harrisburg but from what I understand, we wouldn't have gotten within earshot of the main site.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go every year. There is no way this car will go anywhere near $17K.....especially on a Thursday. Unless it is a very desirable collectable or part of a pristine collection (like most of these hemis), it will be lucky to get $10K.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:14 PM

There was a blue one that was for sale in Tampa a few months ago in the $8500 range. I would not be surprised if this is the same car - someone got it for 8000 cash and is trying to make a couple 1000 on a quick turnover. I wanted my daughter to stop by and take a look at it since she works only a mile away - but by the time she would It was already sold.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Forum Regular

I wish you luck, what years are you looking at? I've never been to a Mecum auction in person, I had planned on going to Harrisburg but from what I understand, we wouldn't have gotten within earshot of the main site.
There are 4 prospects I am interested in.

I don't know anything about their auction in Pennsylvania, but here in Seattle, it was just like going to a concert at the Clink ( or easier than a mariners game). I recommend that any "Car Guy" a tleast go to one of the big auctions at least for a day. I went to Seattle 2 days last year, and was in the room when the "Cuda" sold for $3.5 https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm...=WA0614-185434

I think that there are often great deals very early each day, and late on the weekdays.

That 6 is third page on thursday, with a Judge 4 cars before it, and a Bus and a nice private collection of Vettes following. There will be money in the room, and hopefully it will not be overlooked.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Forum Regular

Guys I'm going to estimate a little higher, I think they will disclose the miles and 20 to 25k would seem more likely, maybe even more.

Dave

Old 01-22-2015, 07:27 PM

HOLY $#!T that car had some low miles....529 to be exact. And she fetched $16K today. Guess that answers that!

Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by chuK_138
HOLY $#!T that car had some low miles....529 to be exact. And she fetched $16K today. Guess that answers that!
Yeah, I was watching that, boy it looked clean, no mods that could be seen. With that mileage, I doubt that there were any. I expected a little more but a lot of the cars were not meeting reserve so maybe the money just isn't there.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM

A friend said the passenger door had a lot of parking lot dings in it.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's odd for a 5xx mile car.....when I traded-in Fred with 90,000 miles ....dents = zero.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Chris L.
That's odd for a 5xx mile car.....when I traded-in Fred with 90,000 miles ....dents = zero.

All depends on how you take car of it.

i.e., Hellcat totaled within an hour, I'm sure it looks A LOT worse that Fred did at 90k miles!!!

Quick Reply: Srt6 at kissimme