Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Rare 2006 SRT6 for sale in Harleysville, PA, on eBay

Old 06-10-2015, 02:53 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: Rare 2006 SRT6 for sale in Harleysville, PA, on eBay

Time will tell. If he sells it for what he thinks it is worth, good for him. If he takes a loss then not good for him. The reverse is true for any buyer. Sooner or later someone may get a bargain?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by deltacrossfirebob
fuzzydicecars????????????

Ya! You know, those things that hang like ********* off peoples car mirrors? Fuzzy Dice! Maybe he 'includes' a set in every car he sells?

Old 06-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I read the eBay listing. Aside from all the typos, it is mostly hype. At the end of the day it is a very nice black SRT6 roadster and nothing more. Now, if it was graphite gray....

Old 06-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Received 195 Likes on 150 Posts

wow------------------------ trim is AMG SRT 8 now i know it will sell , I could have waited and not build my own V8.

Year: 2006
Model: Crossfire
Trim: AMG SRT-8
Body Type: Convertible

Old 06-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Doncha just LOVE used car salespeople?

Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, after reading this thread, I'm a little bit confused. But then again, I'm routinely confused after reading some of these threads, so nothing new. I bought that car, and I bought it for less than the asking price, so I'm a bit confused about the sarcasm in the previous comments. The VIN verifies that it is in fact a 2006 car, as they were manufactured at the end of the 2005 model year according to everything I have found on the subject, and I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of 2006 SRTs, either coupe or roadster, in the US, so clue me in. Did I miss something?????? I don't want to have to wear the dunce hat at the next rally. Brenda says I look goofy in pointed hats. Thanks.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Robert,

Owning a 2006 SRT6 is a very unique conversation piece especially at a GTG. I think most comments were steered toward the higher price.

If you got it for a price you are comfortable with, then you did good. Good luck with your purchase and the year of the your car will always be questioned until proven each time. Have a photo of your VIN ready for proof, you will be asked over and over....

James

Old 06-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew
Well, after reading this thread, I'm a little bit confused. But then again, I'm routinely confused after reading some of these threads, so nothing new. I bought that car, and I bought it for less than the asking price, so I'm a bit confused about the sarcasm in the previous comments. The VIN verifies that it is in fact a 2006 car, as they were manufactured at the end of the 2005 model year according to everything I have found on the subject, and I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of 2006 SRTs, either coupe or roadster, in the US, so clue me in. Did I miss something?????? I don't want to have to wear the dunce hat at the next rally. Brenda says I look goofy in pointed hats. Thanks.
Congratulations on the purchase. You and the informed know what you have.
Fantastic find!

Old 06-16-2015, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by James1549
Robert,

Owning a 2006 SRT6 is a very unique conversation piece especially at a GTG. I think most comments were steered toward the higher price.

If you got it for a price you are comfortable with, then you did good. Good luck with your purchase and the year of the your car will always be questioned until proven each time. Have a photo of your VIN ready for proof, you will be asked over and over....

James
Thanks James. I appreciate your comments, and I am very much aware that there are some brilliant Crossfire aficionados on this forum, that have an incredible wealth of knowledge, which I don't possess, and I realize that I can learn from them. I'm a pretty sharp technical guy and I have built numerous cars in the last 54 years, but these babies, along with most newer cars are a lot more complex than I have worked with, so I'm thankful that a group of much more capable people than I am are so willing to share their time and expertise, to help me learn and grow.

Many times I find there is history, and apparently some humor, that goes back months, if not years in these threads that a guy that jumps on infrequently to do some limited research does not get. That's why I mentioned that I am frequently confused. I am new to the fraternity and I will never be as immersed as many of you, because I don't have the time. It's more of a hit and run thing for me.

I have never bought a car for bragging rights, primarily because I live my life in a manner that makes my family and I happy, I rarely interface with other car people, because my family and my profession pretty well consume my time, and my life, and I am confident enough in my tastes and life that I couldn't really care less about what other people think, other than I want other people to believe that I am honest, compassionate, hard working, intelligent, and very capable in my chosen profession. Consequently the only time I will try to convince someone that my car is a 2006, is when I sell it. My toy cars are bought to satisfy my taste, because the design and performance appeals to me; because stock brokers screw me to death, and ultimately because of investment potential. I do enjoy the interface though, when time allows. I have met some really interesting and gifted people playing with cars, just a I did in Eureka Springs.

In closing, the car appears to me to be a 2006, the VIN number was posted in the ad,
1C3AN75N76X064169, with a manufacture date of 09/05, so as far I can can tell from the research I have done, the car is a 2006. Can anyone add further clarification to that?

Thanks,

Old 06-16-2015, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
Congratulations on the purchase. You and the informed know what you have.
Fantastic find!
Thank you sir! I was getting concerned about the logic in my purchase. I will really sleep better tonight.

Have fun,

Old 06-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you sir! I was getting concerned about the logic in my purchase. I will really sleep better tonight.

Have fun,

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Well if it's not the correct vin.. they did their homework to search out a vin to falsely advertise it (per the carfax report)

08/24/2006 US Customs Vehicle exported from
Belgium
and imported to
Baltimore, MD
if this date of import is correct, you may have the last SRT6 (or last srt6 roaster) imported into the US. It would worth a call or two to find out.

There is only last one and it may be yours. Obviously, I am excited for you.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiTVR
if this date of import is correct, you may have the last SRT6 (or last srt6 roaster) imported into the US. It would worth a call or two to find out.

There is only last one and it may be yours. Obviously, I am excited for you.
Thank you. After reading some of the comments posted on the forum, I was beginning to wonder if I was on some kind of a wild goose chase. I'm excited about the car and I would be excited if it was a 2005, for a little less money, although I hope to see a a good return on investment when I get too old to drive, and I'm happy to have a roadster, so my wife and I can enjoy the breeze in our face.

Have fun,

Old 06-18-2015, 02:33 PM

Good JOB! Glad it was a true 06 SRT-6! Finding those jewels involves risk that people with throwaway monies take all the time. After being bitten people just have a cautious nature and wish to parlay that to others as cautional in nature. You took a risk that someone didn't doctor up a car and 'pose' it as something it isn't. So, now you have a car that others will want to drool over. Bring lots of towels to your GTG's! I am glad for you, many are envious you found it first and jumped on it. Good luck, it should treat you well if you treat it well!

BTW, did you get any 'fuzzy dice' with it?

Old 06-18-2015, 03:26 PM

Thank you all for taking time to offer your input. There certainly is a wealth of knowledge and wisdom in this great group of people. I did get a good photo of the VIN tag before buying the car, and if it has been monkeyed with, the CIA had to do it with their high tech VIN tag printing capabilities, because it is identical to the VIN tag on my SRT6 coupe, other than the year and the roadster code. I'm excited to have it, but I would have been excited to have a 2005 SRT6 roadster as well. These cars we all enjoy so much are awesome.

I had a dream last night that I wrecked it, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I hope there was some subliminal suggestion going on after reading about Gary's incident with the deer, rather than bad karma.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Good JOB! Glad it was a true 06 SRT-6! Finding those jewels involves risk that people with throwaway monies take all the time. After being bitten people just have a cautious nature and wish to parlay that to others as cautional in nature. You took a risk that someone didn't doctor up a car and 'pose' it as something it isn't. So, now you have a car that others will want to drool over. Bring lots of towels to your GTG's! I am glad for you, many are envious you found it first and jumped on it. Good luck, it should treat you well if you treat it well!

BTW, did you get any 'fuzzy dice' with it?

Thank you. I'm excited also, and it takes more to get an old dog excited. Should I get monogrammed towels? Darn, I forgot to ask for a pair of fuzzy dice.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:04 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Robert, I live over by the NASCAR track (Legends)....if you ever need to show it off ....

My Bright Silver 08 is almost the last XF built. 76028.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for taking time to offer your input. There certainly is a wealth of knowledge and wisdom in this great group of people. I did get a good photo of the VIN tag before buying the car, and if it has been monkeyed with, the CIA had to do it with their high tech VIN tag printing capabilities, because it is identical to the VIN tag on my SRT6 coupe, other than the year and the roadster code. I'm excited to have it, but I would have been excited to have a 2005 SRT6 roadster as well. These cars we all enjoy so much are awesome.

I had a dream last night that I wrecked it, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I hope there was some subliminal suggestion going on after reading about Gary's incident with the deer, rather than bad karma.

Congrats on joining the 2006 SRT6 club

and yes, I can confirm that my 06 SRT6 still has the 05 badges and did not get the 06 badges that other 06s SRT6s made later in the year.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L.

Robert, I live over by the NASCAR track (Legends)....if you ever need to show it off ....

My Bright Silver 08 is almost the last XF built. 76028.
When I know I'm going to be in town for a weekend, I'll drop you a line and we can meet up. Thanks. Robert

Old 07-01-2015, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I know I'm going to be in town for a weekend, I'll drop you a line and we can meet up. Thanks. Robert
Congrats on getting a very rare Crossfire! I would like to see it to at some point. Not too far away from Lee Summit.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the other end of the spectrum - I had a lead on one of the first SRTs. It was an executive prototype car - and if I remember correctly it had no governor and had a bit smaller pulley. If I did not have so many cars I would have it. Those rare things are still out there on occasion.

Shawn (Emforce)

Quick Reply: Rare 2006 SRT6 for sale in Harleysville, PA, on eBay