Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Just installed the nw dcai :D

Old 09-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just installed the nw dcai :D

holy **** thanks rob! she flys from 50-100mph! thats where I noticed the biggest difference. but now the power steering is leaking so ive gotta find where there is a bad connection anyone else have this problem after the install?

Old 09-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: Just installed the nw dcai :D

nice, thank you, send pics

Old 09-14-2015, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by bbsrt6
holy **** thanks rob! she flys from 50-100mph! thats where I noticed the biggest difference. but now the power steering is leaking so ive gotta find where there is a bad connection anyone else have this problem after the install?
I did. The clamps were too small that I got so I tried using the old clamps. Still no good since most of them were worn. Went to hardware store and bought some beefy stainless worm clamps that were wider. That sealed the deal. Rob ended up sending me a bunch of clamps a size bigger that fit. They worked perfect on his catch can. Just make sure it is on straight and you have the hose on far enough. The fluid is not cheap, I got the last bottle of that Pentosin at the local Oreillys auto store. Was very lucky to get it.

Last edited by 4drturbo; 09-14-2015 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:53 PM

The power steering return line was my issue with the 13-15mm fuel injector hose clamp. I ordered a new AMG stock clamp which is a 14-16mm, which bottomed out, and still showed a little seepage under pressure. I then purchased a rolled edge worm gear to prevent tearing of the rubber steering line, and clamped it behind the OEM clamp for good measure. No more problems.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:27 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My install was OK, no leaks. However, the clamps definitely weren't sized well. I made them work somehow though.

Where in Northern Virginia are you? We have a local / regional club based in Maryland. Would love for you to join us for events etc. We are going to Kent Island Crab Deck on Sunday. Would you like to join us? We have about 20 people going. Let me know and I can provide you with details. We are also going to the Ridgely Car Show on October 3rd. Happy to give you that info as well.

Cheers, Paul

Old 09-17-2015, 07:58 PM

I could see how the wrong sized clamps could be an issue lol but at least you guys got it sorted out. I think I fixed the leak. The clamp around the hose coming out of the power steering reservoir where the aluminum 90 degree elbow fits in is where it was leaking at; just didn't have it tightened enough.

Now I've got a new issue! Was driving today and the check engine light came on. Any ideas? Maybe the engine is running lean from the increased air flow? If so, what should I do? I'm gonna try to get some codes from the scanner and see what comes up.

Paul, I live out here in bristow, va near manassas. Thanks for the invite, that sounds pretty cool. Send me some details and I'll see if I can make it out with you guys.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:24 PM

Just an idea...

Check the air pump hose, I accidentally knocked mine off during the DCAI installation, and noticed it right before startup rechecking the fuel injector hose clamps.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Power Sedan
Just an idea...

Check the air pump hose, I accidentally knocked mine off during the DCAI installation, and noticed it right before startup rechecking the fuel injector hose clamps.
we have used both 13-15 clamps and also 14-16 clamps. the 13-15 clamps require being unscrewed all the way to slide over the hose once it is over the aluminum tubing. I had people saying that they would prefer a larger clamp and the 14-16's work also. if anyone would prefer to switch one way or another just send me an email and I can send you clamps. BTW, we use a fuel line clamp not a normal work gear clap for those connections.

the install should not throw any CEL's, please let me know what the code is and we should be able to pinpoint the issue and get you going

Old 09-18-2015, 09:14 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Paul, I live out here in bristow, va near manassas. Thanks for the invite, that sounds pretty cool. Send me some details and I'll see if I can make it out with you guys.
Great. Not too far away! Here's some info. This weekend (Sunday) is our next event. The info is below. It's also followed by a show in early October and then a possible Fall Cruise (yet to be planned). We are doing some planning on Sunday. Just let me know if you can make any of these. Also, if you like I can add you to our email distribution list. It will just keep you up to date on all the options. You can send me you info via email (paul31458@gmail.com) or pm me via the forum. Hope you can join us. Thanks, Paul

Crossfires of Maryland : Current Calendar of Events

September 20: COM EVENT: The Fishermans CRAB DECK: After polling people, September 20the is the DATE!
Here's the plan:
- 1:00 pm - Meet at the Wawa on Route 50 on the east bound lanes / west side of the bay bridge.
We will depart the WaWa promptly at 1:15 and do our cruise over the bridge to the Crab Deck for a 1:30pm arrival.
- Wawa 321 Buschs Frontage Rd Annapolis, MD 21409 (just meet in their parking lot)
NOTE: If you aren't meeting us the Wawa, please let us know.
The CRAB DECK address is:
- Fisherman's Inn Restaurant (CRAB DECK) 3116 Main St, Grasonville, MD
As of now we have about 18-20 coming.

NOTE: I also set up a brief COM agenda (See below) to discuss club activities, business, next steps etc. Short meeting agenda but given most will be there it's a good time to have a quick planning chat.

October 3: Ridgely Car Show / COM Planned Participatory Event: Many COM members are planning on going. Jason is our lead contact on this. He is part of their club and will be assisting with the show this year. I believe those interested will plan to meet up at a pre-determined location - likely the WaWa again, cruise to the show area (basically the entire town) and park together for the show. We would plan to arrive early - to secure a good location. Show is 9 to 4pm. Music, etc. Richard Petty will be there again. You can pre-register with the link below. Also, other details are provided.
Link: http://www.ridgelycarshow.com/

October or November: I am looking at planning a Fall Foliage Cruise. Those interested, please let me know. I'll plan accordingly location based on interest and availability. Some optional weekends and dates are noted below. Let me know of your interest and availability for these dates.

Potential Date for a Fall Foliage Cruise: Cruise may be to a destination like a winery, brewery, distillery or other venue. Suggestions are welcomed. I've only heard from 2 on this. David E said he's good with any weekend. Chas is interested. Dave Bender is interested. We can discuss this more at the Crab Deck and try to finalize date and possibly our function. We may do covered Bridges and Dam in northern Maryland.
- October 18

- October 24 or 25
- October 31 / November 1

If there are other events between now and then people are considering, please let me know and I will update our calendar.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:21 AM

nvm im an idiot. i was looking around the engine bay to see if i could find anything wrong and i forgot to plug the wiring harness back into the air pump when i disconnected it so i had more room to play with the power steering cooling lines when i had the leak. so im pretty sure that's what was throwing the CEL. no more light on and everything is running fine