Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Testing Rob's headers

Old 09-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Testing Rob's headers

Has anyone put any thought into what the header test should encompass? Testing on a stock car would not be feasible. So I guess this is sort of a survey. What mods/amount of boost would make for a fair test?
For me I think a stock exhaust should be on the test car(s). Boost should be at least a 65mm SC pulley. The DCAI Rob sells should be part as this is a common mod done by most. How about upgraded intake manifolds and if so which ones? Of course a tune is a must. Free flowing exhaust leans a system so perhaps a before and after tune or just a tune for the headers? Rob has not asked what mods are the most likely to be on the test car. I have asked Squirrel Crusher what mods his car has and he has not answered as of yet. I have heard that they are extensive, some even experimental. This would not help me as my mods are not experimental nor extensive.
What I would like to see from the members of this forum would be the minimum mods that you think would make for a good reliable test.
Boost: I believe that a SC pulley of 65mm should be a part of the test car.
Tune: At least a basic email tune should be a part also. If the test car has a dyno tune this should be listed.
Air Intake: Rob's DCAI is a given on more than half of the cars and should be on the test car.
Please feel free to add what you think would make a fair test. Things like fresh spark plugs and wires should be a given on cars hat are 10-14 years old along with fresh oil. This is important. Rob likely knows what are he most sold items but the end users should have a say in what is a reasonable test. Thanks, mark

Old 09-28-2015, 07:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Testing Rob's headers

have you confirmed the NW inconel? headers will fit a LHD? SLK32...?
Will the SLK32 be your test car or are you looking at an SRT6...there are some differences - eg: final drive ratio (different sized wheels*), possible different cams...there has been some discussion about this in the past...etc..

Maybe before and after torque chart is the best measure....

*Final drive tratio in 1st gear is 11.0 v 11.5 for the SRT6