Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Road Racing

Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Road Racing

I have seen a few, very few Crossfires setup for road racing, and responded to some old threads, trying to make contact with the owners. I haven't had any responses so far. I'm building an SRT6, and I plan to run NASA Central Division ST2 class this summer. I'd sure like to shorten the trial and error learning curve by comparing notes with one of the experienced hot shoes. There are some brilliant guys participating in this forum, and a mentor would be a great help for me, so I don't embarrass myself:-)) I want to win races, and I'm pretty sure I can drive, and smoke some Corvettes, it if I can get the setup right. If you've fought the battles, let me pick your brain. I'm in the process of designing and building my roll cage, and installing safety gear, and hope to be ready to have a shake down at the National Corvette Museum Track, the first week in March, then off to the Central Division races in April. Respond back here or PM me.
Thanks,
Robert Andrew

Old 01-22-2017, 08:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Road Racing

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew
I have seen a few, very few Crossfires setup for road racing, and responded to some old threads, trying to make contact with the owners. I haven't had any responses so far. I'm building an SRT6, and I plan to run NASA Central Division ST2 class this summer. I'd sure like to shorten the trial and error learning curve by comparing notes with one of the experienced hot shoes. There are some brilliant guys participating in this forum, and a mentor would be a great help for me, so I don't embarrass myself:-)) I want to win races, and I'm pretty sure I can drive, and smoke some Corvettes, it if I can get the setup right. If you've fought the battles, let me pick your brain. I'm in the process of designing and building my roll cage, and installing safety gear, and hope to be ready to have a shake down at the National Corvette Museum Track, the first week in March, then off to the Central Division races in April. Respond back here or PM me.
Thanks,
Robert Andrew
Well, I got the Crossfire out today, after removing all of the interior in preparation for welding in the roll cage. It's the first time I've put the pedal to the metal, and holy cow. Its explosively fast. Much, much faster than my other SRT6's. Thanks to JesseJames, for building the engine, Needswings, and Eurocharged. Wow! That Z06, and Lotus Exige S, that I chased in the Lake Garnett Grand Prix, are going to have a race on their hands in April. Amazing power, but I've got to figure out how to disable the traction control, and get a limited slip rear end.