Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Replacing skreem and ring

Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Replaceing skreem and ring

Where did you buy the Skreem and how much did it cost?

Thank you.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven 4190
Where did you buy the Skreem and how much did it cost?

Thank you.
Needswings.com...$249

Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by fastfred
Thank you Rob at neeswings he made it so easy for me to progam.... car works fine now it was all on me it not working right ...and putting it back together was easy only took me about 30 mins or so .....so all you out there where right it was the skreem... thank you all for the help..
So the SKREEM came without the instructions to install it properly?
The instructions are already on the forum, seems to me that the instructions should come with it or st least where to download them. Hint, hint.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:21 AM
Forum Regular

Nice to know that you were able to put in the skreem and program, I'll have to move to California. Had dealer replace SKREEM 2 on my roadster and 1 on my coupe.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:28 AM
Forum Regular

Yes if it had come with how to program and install it would had made it a lot easier but once I heard from Rob at NEEDSWINGS job done .... this skreem and ring deal is hard to beat...

Old 03-29-2017, 10:31 AM

Great job and I bet now you can take the dash apart with your eyes closed.

Old 03-29-2017, 03:56 PM

Yes if it had come with how to program and install it would had made it a lot easier but once I heard from Rob at NEEDSWINGS job done .... this skreem and ring deal is hard to beat...
Is this how it is reset, just so we have it on the record. This info is currently on the "Possible SKREEM Fix" how to.

Turn the key with the battery disconnected to drain the capacitors.

Then reconnect the battery, turn the key to the ON position for several minutes.

Then turn the key to the OFF position for one minute.

Or another suggested method

Unhook the negative battery cable.

Turn the key all the way on and leave it for 15 minutes or so.

Turn the key back off.

Hook the battery back up.

Then (try to) start the car as normal.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-29-2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Is this how it is reset, just so we have it on the record. This info is currently on the "Possible SKREEM Fix" how to.

Then reconnect the battery, turn the key to the ON position for several minutes.

Turn the key back off.

and you have to aim key fob at car press lock or unlock 2 times and turn key to start within 30 secs

Old 03-30-2017, 08:47 PM

and you have to aim key fob at car press lock or unlock 2 times and turn key to start within 30 secs
That is just to initialize the door locking feature.
So what I said is what has to be done? You never did answer that part.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:29 AM
Forum Regular

That is just to initialize the door locking feature.
So what I said is what has to be done? You never did answer that part.
Oh you are right I wrote it wrong I just can't do stuff from memoy anymore so I copy and past what I got from Rob at needswings and it worked.....so this is what he sent me....

STANDARD PROCEDURE - TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING

The Remote Keyless Entry Transmitter(s) can be programmed by the customer without special tools.
PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE

Transmitter programming by the customer is done by performing the following steps: 1.Insert the key into the ignition switch.
2.Press either the lock or unlock button momentarily twice.
Turn the key in the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position within 30 seconds.

Thanks, Rob
NeedsWings.com

Old 03-31-2017, 01:53 AM
Forum Regular

Turn the key back off.

Ok I just got a pm from another member what is posted here by onehundred80 is if you are trying to save your old skreem and what I posted is for a new skreem and ring.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:20 AM

Ok I just got a pm from another member what is posted here by onehundred80 is if you are trying to save your old skreem and what I posted is for a new skreem and ring.
I posted the possible method on saving a SKREEM, seems it does not work.
What the instruction say come from the instructions that came with a new SKREEM from a different supplier, I just wanted to confirm that is what you had to do. Seems I'll not get that confirmation.
It appears from your statement that the remote key initialization also sets up the SKREEM to your car. That is not what people have said before.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:49 PM
Forum Regular

I posted the possible method on saving a SKREEM, seems it does not work.
What the instruction say come from the instructions that came with a new SKREEM from a different supplier, I just wanted to confirm that is what you had to do. Seems I'll not get that confirmation.
It appears from your statement that the remote key initialization also sets up the SKREEM to your car. That is not what people have said before.
Ok that's fine I just posted the exact massage I got from Rob at neendswings and when I did what the massage said it did work there may be others ways I don't know but doing what Rob said got me back on the road...I'm happy 😀

Old 03-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Fastfred, it sounds like Rob sent you not only the Skreem module but also a new transponder ring that must have been programed to the skreem and the only thing you had to do post install was to reprogram the keys. Is that accurate?
Rob - any chance you could enlighten the rest of us with clarification. Thanks.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:34 PM
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Hindin;884411]Fastfred, it sounds like Rob sent you not only the Skreem module but also a new transponder ring that must have been programed to the skreem and the only thing you had to do post install was to reprogram the keys. Is that accurate?
Rob - any chance you could enlighten the rest of us with clarification. Thanks. .[QUOTEi I think your right Rob took all my info vin number copy of ownership and copy of drivers lic. Ect. And had my skreem program done all I did was put it in my dash I had to reprogram my key to the new ring he sent with as a package and I did not know that .. I think from what reading I have done that Robs deal at needswings is a money saver ... now if it had come with a how to install and reprogram key it would have save me a lot of time and work .. now with this post up everyone else will know how easy it is to do and save you from having the dealer doing it ( big bucks) ..... I now can take my dash apart in less tha 30 mins .. ��

Last edited by fastfred; 03-31-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=fastfred;884412]
Originally Posted by Hindin
Fastfred, it sounds like Rob sent you not only the Skreem module but also a new transponder ring that must have been programed to the skreem and the only thing you had to do post install was to reprogram the keys. Is that accurate?
Rob - any chance you could enlighten the rest of us with clarification. Thanks. .[QUOTEi I think your right Rob took all my info vin number copy of ownership and copy of drivers lic. Ect. And had my skreem program done all I did was put it in my dash I had to reprogram my key to the new ring he sent with as a package and I did not know that .. I think from what reading I have done that Robs deal at needswings is a money saver ... now if it had come with a how to install and reprogram key it would have save me a lot of time and work .. now with this post up everyone else will know how easy it is to do and save you from having the dealer doing it ( big bucks) ..... I now can take my dash apart in less tha 30 mins .. ��
The ring is not trainable from what I know, it excites the chip in the key and transmits the resulting signal to the SKREEM.
I think we need some clarification on this matter.
A previous poster said his dealership charged $200 for the SKREEM without the ring.
If we had a clear explanation of the set up of the new SKREEM it might be worthwhile to buy one for a spare.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-31-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Fastfred -Thank you for the clarification. This is great news that Rob at NeedsWing is able to offer us this option as in the past most thought the dealership for replacement. A proven and reliable R&R method is a welcome addition to this forum. As your past research might have suggested the DIY solution for this issue has been elusive and has started multiple threads in the past. Thank you for your post.

Old 04-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Received 340 Likes on 300 Posts

Still wondering??
Sounds a lot easier. How many screws and which ones? Maybe you could take pics when reassembling?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hindin
Rob - any chance you could enlighten the rest of us with clarification. Thanks.
I would like to know as well, as I said I would consider buying a spare SKREEM and have it on the shelf just in case it was needed, cheap insurance. But I would like to know the definitive method to set it up.

Old 04-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

I would like to know as well, as I said I would consider buying a spare SKREEM and have it on the shelf just in case it was needed, cheap insurance. But I would like to know the definitive method to set it up.
b

Ok here you go and this is what I have learned .. the skreem is a plug in and play Rob has it already set for you VIN Number and all you have to do is set your key fob with the new ring... it's that easy and as it easy to put in just follow the how to fix ignition after your have taken stuff apart to that point ( don't mess with the ignition itself ) and after you get that done you take the gauge cover off be carful not to brake the little tabs holding it in and you will see 4 gold color screws holding the gauges in take them out ... now you can just move the gauge doard aside to the left..you can take it out but why there is room to reach past the board and unplug the skreem and plug new one in and install your new ring set your key fob and that's it .. the last time I did it took me only 20 minutes to take it apart.....

Last edited by fastfred; 04-05-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacing skreem and ring