Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

How to detail your Crossfire!!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How to detail your Crossfire!!

Originally Posted by xfire1
last year you had posted a vid (link) of a detailing technique that is done LITERALLY by his bare hand and costs thousands of dollars. do you recall? if so do you still have the link... i am searching thru the XF forum search but still can't find it...thanks...josh
Try this one:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/08/v...-000-car-wash/

Old 01-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That really expensive detailer does really nothing different than what I have wrote about in these past posts. All that he has is some more expensive materials that don't really make much of a difference to the average person. What allows him to charge so much is pure and simple marketing, reputation, and LUCK!

Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the info Golfdude. I just got mine and want to keep it clean from the start!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Here's a tip about using a Porter Cable 7424 or Ultimate Detailing machine...For swirls and other forms of correction, use SPEED 6!!! Especially for the PC, anything below a speed of 6 will not maximize the buffer's ability to correct paint, especially on our hard clearcoats. Don't forget to work the buffer very slowly, about an inch to two inches every second.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Life is random...so am I.

WOW...I always felt totally **** about my obsessive car cleanings. Good to know there's others out there who are the same as me! just 2 additions to make though...

1. A little chrome polish works excellent on the exhaust tips.

2. Maybe I'm nuts, but I always get under the car to clean the inside of my wheels, (the area behind the spokes). I think it makes the wheels look much better if you don't see the brake dust back there! Although being 6'4" tall with long arms helps with this admittedly.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: How to detail your Crossfire!!

Originally Posted by apkano
WOW...I always felt totally **** about my obsessive car cleanings. Good to know there's others out there who are the same as me! just 2 additions to make though...

1. A little chrome polish works excellent on the exhaust tips.

2. Maybe I'm nuts, but I always get under the car to clean the inside of my wheels, (the area behind the spokes). I think it makes the wheels look much better if you don't see the brake dust back there! Although being 6'4" tall with long arms helps with this admittedly.
I actually remove my wheels twice a month to clean inside the wheels and condition the inside of the tires.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM

I have some very slight wear on the seat bolster drivers side. What would you recommend to fix. I assume I can dye this small area. Does Chrysler carry dye repair kits or would you recommend another process.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by wkirch
I have some very slight wear on the seat bolster drivers side. What would you recommend to fix. I assume I can dye this small area. Does Chrysler carry dye repair kits or would you recommend another process.
I think the best thing you can do is to take it to an auto upholstery place. They can probably fix it for you.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your wheels try a rat tail brush and save your hands. I found mine on the internet, forget the company but I do remember I punched in "auto detailing brushes". They were $3 and they save you from having to squeeze your hands in the spokes or crawl under the car. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.

Pat

Old 10-08-2007, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by patpur
For your wheels try a rat tail brush and save your hands. I found mine on the internet, forget the company but I do remember I punched in "auto detailing brushes". They were $3 and they save you from having to squeeze your hands in the spokes or crawl under the car. I'll post a pic if anyone is interested.

Pat
I'd like to see a pic if possible I have quite a collection of brushes, trying to find the right one.
p.s. - I've got just enough skin tore of my knuckles that my hand fits pretty good in the wheels...the back wheels feel a lot better.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
I actually remove my wheels twice a month to clean inside the wheels and condition the inside of the tires.
that's the way to go.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

For Rick Z - This brush gets the back of the front and back wheels, even the bead on the inside of the rim. I always do the wheels first when I wash the car. The brush is used for the backs of the wheels and the wheel wells. I use my mitt or a sponge for the wheel facing. Sorry about the leaf, its that time of year.

Pat

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC02369.JPG (151.4 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC02370.JPG (143.8 KB, 181 views)
Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 AM

Thanks Pat, that looks like just the ticket. I did find one at detailyourcar.com says the brush is 11 " and the whole thing is 17" long, it looks like the one you have.
I do have one more question I am about to get new tires and the place I am getting them has already changed out a wheel for me (curbed one).
and they did very well, kid gloves and all, which is a big reason I am buying the tires there, along with a great price. but my only problem is the stick on wheel weights they use are a pretty generic strip which they hid well, but they are not like the original tapered ones. Any suggestions where I might find the nice ones?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:34 AM
RPM

I use the Meguiars wheel brush like that. Though I think it bigger than Pat's brush.
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-MX-11.../dp/B000CNM3B4
They do work well.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
I use the Meguiars wheel brush like that. Though I think it bigger than Pat's brush.
They do work well.
Thanks, I'm getting all kinds of options.

PS - I hope this isn't the start of "my brush is bigger than your brush".

Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

Rick my son is the wheel weight "expert" I'll ask him if he knows anything when he gets off work. Glad you found a brush. when I went looking at Autozone, Target etc I couldn't find anything with the length so I came home and plundered around the internet and found that one. Bought two, 1 for Sean so mine doesn't disappear.

Pat

Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
They do work well.
I use the same one just got myself another, they are getting harder to come by, meguiars stoped making them.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM
They do work well.
I love this brush but unfortunately Meguiar's has ceased production of all their brushes - tire, wheel, carpet, detailing, etc. You might still find a few on ebay or at BigLots, but when they're gone they're gone.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Any recommendations for the easiest way to clean the front windshield, on the interior side?

I have a hard time getting my hands down near the dash.

Tips?

Thanks!
Shawn

Old 03-07-2008, 08:43 PM

Stuff the microfiber towel into the corner, and move the towel around to get the edges of the inside of the windshield.

I would like to suggest the FLEX orbital polisher for those who are looking for a new polisher. It is much more effective at removing swirls and scratches without the risks of the rotary. I haven't tried it yet but many are praising this new machine greatly.

Quick Reply: How to detail your Crossfire!!