Detail Shop The place to talk about the daily care of your Crossfire and share the products you use to care for your Crossfire

This would happen...

Old 01-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This would happen...

So i was traveling on a four...ahh ill just let the explanation i wrote from that day to tell the story (see 1st image) but if you dont want to read i basically got into a car accident and someone grabbed my lane to exit into a shopping complex (dotted lines in the drawing leads to said complex) and hit the front end of my car.
KzXeBaC.jpg

YDZgg34.jpg

the problems are the misalignment of the hood and fender (also the dent), the front bumper fog light now doesnt match up and my rim is scratched. i rarely drive my car, and one day i go into work (when i didnt have work!!! i get into an accident lol)

q1isDem.jpg

gGMIyM4.png
this is the police report section of just the accident location and story. if you read the opposite party's story. it already doesn't match up to drawing nor the location of my damage. if she was already in the lane and i hit her, i wouldve had damage to the upmost front of my car not by my wheel well.

If you were following my other post a few threads down, you'll see that i just bought my compressor and spray gun and was going to respray some damaged areas. it's funny, really. But if i win the claim then i can get those damages repaired. i hope that happens lol ill keep everyone updated.

-so far i spoke to insurance and made the claim.
-got interviewed on what happened (pretty much stated what was on the paper)
-sent pictures of my damages
-insurance spoke to them and they said they saw me taking pictures of the scene. i didnt. and now they claimed we were no where near that entrance.
any advice? thanks people!

Old 01-06-2015, 06:32 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: This would happen..

You've got the Police report to confirm "your story".. they are fishing for you to share in the fault.

Played that game with an old cougar I had. "Could you have avoided the accident"... (me).. "Yeah.. if I would have stayed at the shop at lunch time" (of course this is after the standard - this is being recorded). That was the last of it and the check shortly followed the damage appraisal ..

Old 01-06-2015, 07:29 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just another case of another human being that has no integrity.

Couple months back...I was sitting at a red light in my company cargo van.....suddenly felt a pretty good jolt from behind. Woman jumps out from the car behind me and starts yelling...."why did you back into me".......I started to laugh and told her nice try lady, I've been sitting at this light for 2 minutes without moving.....come take a look at my dashcam. She wanted the hell out of there pretty quick. I have one in two of my personal vehicles now.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:00 PM

I don't want to sound negative about this, BUT the driver in the rear is usually considered at fault. UNLESS it is proved that the other driver did not signal a lane change, which is Illegal.
I reckon that the insurance companies will just go knock for knock, as they will not warrant the hassle it would create.

Last edited by TerryR; 01-06-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 AM

Mrmiata: yeah when interviewed and recorded. i basically said what was in the paper. i have no reason to lie and i did my best to avoid the worst possible scenario. i know it's probably going to be my word vs theirs but isnt the police report a valuable resource? it confirms my story enough.
haha about your story. i wish i couldve been clever and said something like that.

SparkieSRT6: it's a dog eat dog world out there. im experiencing it now with all the lies the other people are alleging. about your story, yeah thats the oldest trick in the book lol glad you had a dashcam. i should invest in one.

TerryR: i agree 90% of the time but i wasnt in the definite rear--im to her side. how can someone prove they didnt signal? i said it in the recording, do they need to confess? i doubt these people will tell that they didnt signal. and even so, you only turn when if the conditions are clear. if i didnt brake, she wouldve hit me more towards my door. i hope they do something about it. im getting a bit worried now lol

Old 01-07-2015, 09:53 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Many years back I am driving home in my IMMACULATE '67 Camero, I approach an intersection where I am going to turn right, and there is a right turn lane. There is an 18 wheeler rolling real slow for the red light, intending to go straight, but there is a car in front of him stopped waiting on the green.
I signal and enter the right turn lane, he ALSO enters the right turn lane to get by the stopped car and tears the entire left side of my Camero off.

Cop writes it up as I was passing on the right, not the trucker's fault.
Go figure.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 01-07-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:24 AM

ala_xfire: oh no, thats a beautiful car. that was unfair how they judged it. what did you end up doing with the damages? i too am trying to think of the worst case scenario and what to do if they reject my claim. im thinking of fixing what i can then selling? or just leave as is and drive it? sell? keep? i dont even want to think about it! lol

Old 01-07-2015, 10:33 AM

It was time for a repaint anyway, so I took it to a friend in the body repair/paint business and had it repaired and repainted back the original Daytona Blue for around $1200, as I recall.
( This also included painting my '68 Honda CB750 the same color )

It was a special order RS model, 4 speed, 327/350 HP.
The ironic part is that a few years later I sold it to a Highway Patrol officer who one week later drove it off a river bridge into the Alabama River just above Montgomery, it was ruled a suicide.

at the same time had this ( O to be young and single again ) :

Last edited by ala_xfire; 01-07-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:31 PM

beautiful. i've always wanted a pilot license too. Man, the views must be great where the birds fly.

*UPDATE*
i WON the case! i didn't hear from insurance since Tuesday afternoon and all of Wednesday so I called and messaged yesterday and they got back to me finally. Basically, the opposite party was changing their story a lot. It didn't match the police statement, their statement at the time, and images. They mentioned there was an overwhelming evidence favoring my side than theirs. overall, i'm very happy and Geico recommended a qualified body shop (very reputable since their shop does work for major car bands like Lexus, Toyota, GM, etc.) and scheduled an appointed for next Tuesday. I will update you guys once it's finished. Anything i can suggest for the body shop to look at? thanks in advance.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Thats good, agree about rear-enders (particularly if the other car is stopped). But it is hard to rearend someone from the side.

Few years ago I was rearended. Didn't have a dashcam but my GPS log clearly showed 0 mph for several seconds before the impact. Also showed the exact time of the impact and if there had been any trouble (wasn't) was going to subpoena cell phone logs.

ps nice Camaro - are those Buick wheels ?

Last edited by Padgett; 01-09-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:04 PM

ps nice Camaro - are those Buick wheels ?
No, I got them in trade from a friend off his '67 Chevy II
I don't know where he got them or if they were OEM .....
( The Camero came from the factory with wire wheel hub caps, VERY noisy - they had to go )

Old 01-09-2015, 11:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
No, I got them in trade from a friend off his '67 Chevy II
I don't know where he got them or if they were OEM .....
( The Camero came from the factory with wire wheel hub caps, VERY noisy - they had to go )
I thought they looked like Buick wheels too, but then I decided they were Magnum 500's. (because the spokes looked straight) Chevy didn't start offering Magnums as an option until 1970 on the SS Chevelles, but they weren't chrome.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BEATv1

*UPDATE*
i WON the case! i didn't hear from insurance since Tuesday afternoon and all of Wednesday so I called and messaged yesterday and they got back to me finally. Basically, the opposite party was changing their story a lot. It didn't match the police statement, their statement at the time, and images. They mentioned there was an overwhelming evidence favoring my side than theirs. overall, i'm very happy and Geico recommended a qualified body shop (very reputable since their shop does work for major car bands like Lexus, Toyota, GM, etc.) and scheduled an appointed for next Tuesday. I will update you guys once it's finished. Anything i can suggest for the body shop to look at? thanks in advance.
Great news, glad everything worked out the way it should have.
Since your car is black you don't have to worry about the paint not matching. The damage doesn't look that bad, and it should come out looking like new.
Just take a lot of photos of the damage to prove to the next "potential" buyer that it wasn't hurt too bad, when they do a "CarFax" on it and try to cut your asking price.
I'd try to get her Insurance Co. to pay you extra to cover the "depreciated value" your car now has because of it's tainted history. (Thanks to their client).

Old 01-10-2015, 05:06 PM

beautiful. i've always wanted a pilot license too. Man, the views must be great where the birds fly.

*UPDATE*
GLAD this turned out well for you, so many people get screwed nowadays, when logically it was not their fault. GREAT News, I feel happy for you. Being black. When repaired at a reputable shop, it will look as good as new.

Last edited by TerryR; 01-10-2015 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A couple months back, some one blogged about a site that had Meguiars NXG wax at a great price. TANGA. I purchased that , then later they had car cams at a great price $24 which I also purchased, it works great and I use it a lot just for such an occurance. I also purchased quite a few other things from them, a great bargain site.

Old 01-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Default Re: This would happen...

+fireamx: thanks! im intrigued by this "I'd try to get her Insurance Co. to pay you extra to cover the "depreciated value" your car now has because of it's tainted history. (Thanks to their client)." i'll see what they say about it tomorrow.

TerryR: thanks so much! i hope they pull it too. it seems the fender was pushed closer to the hood. also the plastic surrounding under the fender to protect rocks from flinging up i guess broke too so i hope they'll find a replacement for that.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:19 PM

+fireamx: thanks! im intrigued by this "I'd try to get her Insurance Co. to pay you extra to cover the "depreciated value" your car now has because of it's tainted history. (Thanks to their client)." i'll see what they say about it tomorrow.

TerryR: thanks so much! i hope they pull it too. it seems the fender was pushed closer to the hood. also the plastic surrounding under the fender to protect rocks from flinging up i guess broke too so i hope they'll find a replacement for that.
The plastic surrounding under the fender (Splash Shields) are readily available, just bought and fitted a new one on my car. Good Luck with your repair, should turn out well for you.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 AM

Here it is! I picked up my car this morning and inspected it. Some pros and cons below

PBVoEQY.jpg

FWGMd78.jpg

pros:
-no dent of course
-fixed scratches on fender (even ones that were there)
-partially fixed front bumper (only blended necessary areas. i wish they painted the whole bumper but thats not their problem )
-fixed stone chips on hood
-replaced splash guards
-replaced brackets to foglight
-wheel alignment (i needed one
-compensated me $150 for not replacing the rim--the reason for this was because all my rims have curb rash, some major some minor. They couldve sent it out and have it professionally fixed and come back all new but then the rest would look like crap. So they offered me money to "live with it". i said to myself, im going to fix all the curb rashes anyways and repaint so i took the money.

cons:
-minor indent on fender area (its no where near the accident. im assuming it was there already and i didnt notice and they just sprayed over it, you have to look really hard since it's been sprayed and cleared)
-scratches in my headlight (im not sure if i can just buff out, ill check that out this weekend)
-paranoid that the lines still dont match up (this is me being very very meticulous)

geico offers a satisfaction guarantee which states if you are not satisfied with the work they will fix it no problem. i dont think my cons justify bringing it back and praying another defect will not pop up and going on and on. anyways, next was to file a diminished value claim but i am second guessing it because when reading up on it, it's not an easy claim to win. it may even involve lawyers. i mean i have pictures to prove how minor the accident was so hopefully, if i do sell, they wont care too much.
thanks to everyone's advice and helping me through this ordeal.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:53 PM

Well in my idea the restoration did went well. What is important is that your are safe and alive.