Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

What's the fastest you "Allegedy" driven your Crossfire?

Old 11-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's the fastest you "Allegedy" driven your Crossfire?

The Winshield Washer stopped working. Checked fluid , OK Not used often as car stays inside.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by bluemax
Is there anything that can be done at a reasonable price to increase the HP in the base model.
I live in the Atlanta area.
Define "reasonable".
There is really not much you can safely do, just 3 basic things :
1. CAI ( Needswings, $449 )
2. 74mm throttle body ( fleabay or car-part.com, @ $50 )
3. EuroCharged tune ( on sale now - $300 )

Best bet is to get lucky and sell yours high and buy an SRT6 low.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:41 PM

woww i did some km to mph convertion after read this thread and i got scared ..
In italy so many auto velox and auto tudor between them with my waze which shows the radars i was able to 180 km per hour max so far..

But there is another high way i took once accidently which is new and very large and very expensive cost double than the other one but very few cars super empty way i ll try there and post an update last them i took this way with my ex peugeut 206 and had saw many ferrari and maserati enjoying the way

Old 11-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ozkancab
... and had saw many ferrari and maserati enjoying the way
Maserati Quattroporte, my favorite car, just plain beautiful when paint/wood/leather/stitching colors are chosen correctly.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not in a hurry, but when I had my Pantera I drove from LA to Phoenix was trying to make in 3 hours almost the whole way between 148 and 154 and was comfortable bur at my age 84 in 3 weeks Im not in a hurry just enjoy the ride.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Define "reasonable".
There is really not much you can safely do, just 3 basic things :
1. CAI ( Needswings, $449 )
2. 74mm throttle body ( fleabay or car-part.com, @ $50 )
3. EuroCharged tune ( on sale now - $300 )

Best bet is to get lucky and sell yours high and buy an SRT6 low.
Install a small block CHEVY

Old 06-25-2016, 01:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

98mph in 7.3 seconds

Old 06-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
The Crossfire is stable as a rock at 140MPH. SharkO and I drove across Kentucky behind a Mercedes S-600 for over 50 miles a few years back. 140MPH all the way and it was magical.

I have buried the speedometer's on both my Crossfires, the roadster NA and the SRT coupe, and have no idea how fast they topped out. But I never felt a loss of control.

But then I'm flippin' crazy.
I missed this thread first time around, very interesting.
To me buried means that the needle has hit the stop, the SRT has 200 mph at the top end of the dial and the NA 160 mph.
So 200 would be a seemingly impossible record speed in the Crossfire, have you changed out the instrument panel for one from an NA?

Old 06-27-2016, 06:41 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I missed this thread first time around, very interesting.
Me, too. I seem to recall reading somewhere that both versions, NA & SRT-6, were speed limited to 155 mph. But some posts in this thread would say otherwise.

Later,

Old 06-27-2016, 12:14 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Me, too. I seem to recall reading somewhere that both versions, NA & SRT-6, were speed limited to 155 mph. But some posts in this thread would say otherwise.

Later,

They were all limited to 158 MPH but the cars that were aftermarket tuned could have that feature deleted.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
They were all limited to 158 MPH but the cars that were aftermarket tuned could have that feature deleted.

Actually I believe the SRT's are factory limited to 150MPH. The NA are at 156. But that discrepancy hardly matters and yes tuners can omit that The rev limiter needs to be reset or removed.
Eurocharge did mine way back in 2008 when thy had a shop in Aurora IL.

I have had my NA unofficially at about 165 or a bit more. But at that speed, it is kinda hard to look at the speedo for long. Things outside happen FAST!

Note to 180, Buried may be the wrong word. I took a quick glance at the needle, it was pretty far down the numbers but buried at 200 on the SRT, maybe not. The math says that ain't so possible. The Na, yep. buried at 160 and the car kept on going. I windage figured the speed from what the Tack read. It's a guess. I doubt you have driven car anywhere near those speeds. Or you would understand, one's eyes should not spend much time on the gauges. If you wish, I'd be happy to make an exception in your case and let you ride shotgun sometime. We'll check out together what happens when the speedo says 160 MPH. Bring your own TP. I don't need it.

The Srt has gone faster but not by much. I figure according to the Tack at 85 MPH that the best it could do would be 176. At that speed you have no time for anything out of expectation. A small bump, a puddle,, a small mammal on the road, could put you to seeing images of your past life going before your eyes. And I would never would put a passenger in that situation just to document or to take images of my felonies.

I did these foolish deeds back when the cars were much younger, better aligned and I was a bit younger too. And Sharko was either in front of me pulling or behind me pushing at the same foolish speeds. I would not attempt such stupidity again today. Maybe 140 or so.

That said, both cars were rock solid on the road. The speed was hardly noticeable in terms of control. It seemed the Crossfire could just keep going faster and faster. I always had some pedal left. But no more courage,,,,; or road. At those speeds a clear road is eaten up rather quickly. After checking out about 20 miles of level smooth and presumably "safe" highway it is amazing how fast the ride is over when doing over 140MPH or more. It takes about three to five miles to get there and that much to slow down and stop. So you need ten miles of straight level road to safely (if I can use that word without laughing) pull the stunt

A note of caution to anyone trying this nonsense. Our Crossfires do not come with a reset button. There is no pause button at 160 MPH....; Don't even think about using your brakes until you get down under triple digits. Forget they are even there. If you don't lay out enough road to accelerate slow down and even stop, find a track, pay the fees and do it there.

Which is what I should do as well.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 06-28-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
Im not in a hurry, but when I had my Pantera I drove from LA to Phoenix was trying to make in 3 hours almost the whole way between 148 and 154 and was comfortable bur at my age 84 in 3 weeks Im not in a hurry just enjoy the ride.

That sounds like a good way to lose your hearing. Pantera's are LOUD!

Old 06-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Actually, I've been around 120 in the 2007 Coupe. Did this once on a stretch of I-24 South during the drive home from KCMO after I bought the car. Just don't have the nerve anymore; maybe more common sense now than nerve.

I have "buried" the speedo on a 1963.5 Ford Galaxie 500 XL "way back when". Dad's car had the 390 police interceptor motor in it. Was racing a Buick Wildcat & Chevy Impala on I-35 South probably 50 miles north of KCMO. Outran both of them. Back then I had lots of nerve and very little common sense. I survived that phase of my growing up; don't really care to try it again!

Old 06-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually I believe the SRT's are factory limited to 150MPH. The NA are at 156. But that discrepancy hardly matters and yes tuners can omit that The rev limiter needs to be reset or removed.
Eurocharge did mine way back in 2008 when thy had a shop in Aurora IL.

I have had my NA unofficially at about 165 or a bit more. But at that speed, it is kinda hard to look at the speedo for long. Things outside happen FAST!

Note to 180, Buried may be the wrong word. I took a quick glance at the needle, it was pretty far down the numbers but buried at 200 on the SRT, maybe not. The math says that ain't so possible. The Na, yep. buried at 160 and the car kept on going. I windage figured the speed from what the Tack read. It's a guess. I doubt you have driven car anywhere near those speeds. Or you would understand, one's eyes should not spend much time on the gauges. If you wish, I'd be happy to make an exception in your case and let you ride shotgun sometime. We'll check out together what happens when the speedo says 160 MPH. Bring your own TP. I don't need it.

The Srt has gone faster but not by much. I figure according to the Tack at 85 MPH that the best it could do would be 176. At that speed you have no time for anything out of expectation. A small bump, a puddle,, a small mammal on the road, could put you to seeing images of your past life going before your eyes. And I would never would put a passenger in that situation just to document or to take images of my felonies.

I did these foolish deeds back when the cars were much younger, better aligned and I was a bit younger too. And Sharko was either in front of me pulling or behind me pushing at the same foolish speeds. I would not attempt such stupidity again today. Maybe 140 or so.

That said, both cars were rock solid on the road. The speed was hardly noticeable in terms of control. It seemed the Crossfire could just keep going faster and faster. I always had some pedal left. But no more courage,,,,; or road. At those speeds a clear road is eaten up rather quickly. After checking out about 20 miles of level smooth and presumably "safe" highway it is amazing how fast the ride is over when doing over 140MPH or more. It takes about three to five miles to get there and that much to slow down and stop. So you need ten miles of straight level road to safely (if I can use that word without laughing) pull the stunt

A note of caution to anyone trying this nonsense. Our Crossfires do not come with a rest button. There is no pause button at 160 MPH....; Don't even think about using your brakes until you get down under triple digits. Forget they are even there. If you don't lay out enough road to accelerate slow down and even stop, find a track, pay the fees and do it there.

Which is what I should do as well.

Where did the info on top speed of 165 come from? Just curious because I understood that the 158 came from a European mandate to limit the top speed to 158. Ferrari and several other exotics choose to ignore this as it's not a law, merely a suggestion. Yes we all were young and foolish once, I am now older at least! LOL

Old 06-28-2016, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
Where did the info on top speed of 165 come from? Just curious because I understood that the 158 came from a European mandate to limit the top speed to 158. Ferrari and several other exotics choose to ignore this as it's not a law, merely a suggestion. Yes we all were young and foolish once, I am now older at least! LOL

I think you misunderstood. Perhaps I wasn't clear.

I believe the Factory limit on the NA is 156 MPH. As for the 158 MPH in Europe, I wonder where that number came from as they are in metric,,,; or Kilometers.

I have had the rev limiter set higher on my NA and based on the rpms I calculated about 165. It is a guesstamate.

Me, yes I am older but when it comes to speed, not all that wiser. Every once in a great while I find the right place and conditions and let fly..

For instance a few years back coming home from Texas speedway with a Forum member (SRT owner out of Indiana and I won't name her here). We were passing thru Oklahoma on the toll way and I knew the last 16 miles were un monitored by the police. So along with a few High performance German sedans we turned that stretch into the Autobahn. 160 MPH most of the way. Very exhilarating.

We backed off a mile or so before the MO state line. Good thing cause the MHP was there waiting. I sent Jane a radio message, "see, I told ya" Good Golly, I love these cars!

Old 06-28-2016, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Actually, I've been around 120 in the 2007 Coupe. Did this once on a stretch of I-24 South during the drive home from KCMO after I bought the car. Just don't have the nerve anymore; maybe more common sense now than nerve.

I have "buried" the speedo on a 1963.5 Ford Galaxie 500 XL "way back when". Dad's car had the 390 police interceptor motor in it. Was racing a Buick Wildcat & Chevy Impala on I-35 South probably 50 miles north of KCMO. Outran both of them. Back then I had lots of nerve and very little common sense. I survived that phase of my growing up; don't really care to try it again!

What I worry about with high speed is the serpentine belt failure. That would be catastrophic. In the NA a simple push on the clutch and control would return for a steady coasting off velocity and eventually ,,,; the highway. All four wheels still on the ground.

I'm not sure what would happen, or the escape procedure if something like that did happen, in the autostick of the SRT. Plus you have that Supercharger either spinning wild or flying apart. Both outcomes not good.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:17 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

The limiter would appear to be set at 245 or 250 k/hr, being European they would not be set at mph, hence the odd numbers.

What I worry about with high speed is the serpentine belt failure. I'm not sure what would happen, or the escape procedure if something like that did happen, in the autostick of the SRT. Plus you have that Supercharger either spinning wild or flying apart. Both outcomes not good.
As the SC needs power to turn it and compress the air the SC would lack the power to turn faster than the air coming through it would spin it, so it would slow down, it would just be freewheeling, no damage. Simply put, take your foot off the gas and very little air would go through it, no air passing through means no spinning.
What's wrong with using the brakes anyway ?

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-12-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My limiter was increased by Eurocharged to ?? not sure; probably faster than the car can go.
Anyway, I got up to 155 but don't remember if I ran out of road or nerve. I think the latter. It had more to give for sure.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dinasrt
My limiter was increased by Eurocharged to ?? not sure; probably faster than the car can go.
Anyway, I got up to 155 but don't remember if I ran out of road or nerve. I think the latter. It had more to give for sure.

When they did my NA they claimed they didn't want to go beyond 6800 RPM. Because, we have Hydraulic lifters.

Old 07-01-2016, 07:02 AM

142 on I-75 going towards Miami. Have no desire to do so again especially with the mileage the car has now. Not sure the components can handle the pressure of staying up there.

Quick Reply: What's the fastest you "Allegedy" driven your Crossfire?