Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

If anybody can help me please !

Old 08-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If anybody can help me please !

Ok my crossfire is starting to shake and a couple times standing on a light the car turned off , I started it again and it's fine , the car shakes and almost turned off! When I drive it the RPM are higher than normal ! I took it to my mechanic and he said its the oxygen sensors ! And it was a air licking ! They fixed the lick and I'm waiting on the sensors ! But yesterday the car start shaking really bad and turned off and I couldnt keep the car on ! Everytime I stop or go slow it turned off ! I had to keep pushing the gas ! Then the mechanic told me that is all related to the oxygen sensors that is sending bad information ! But yesterday while the car was turning off the check engine light was still on ! Is that possible that all that stuff is just related to oxygen sensors ??? Or could be something different ?

Old 08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: If anybody can help me please !

Just for cheap date grins.. take the battery terminal loose for about 20 minutes and then see how she does.. she may be trying to "remap" after fixing the leak.. and this will basically clear the computer to start anew..

Old 08-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Forum Regular

Agreeing with Mrmiata, doing a reset by removing the negative battery cable will at least fix things short term until you get the new o2 sensors.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 PM

And then I would get my codes cleared (should clear cel at disconnect of battery) and see how long till the cel popped again.. Mine ran around about 8 months with the cel coming on about every 2 weeks after clearing the code. When the Crank Positioning Sensor went out and was replaced my "02 sensor" induced cel hasn't been back.. pushing 3-4 months now I do believe.. I'm thinking it was the post cat sensors.. left and right bank code showing up

Old 08-21-2012, 04:38 PM

Thank u so much for replying ! Can it be possible that all that is happening for the oxygen sensors ? I just would hate to pay the 800$ they are charging me and then find out that it wasn't those sensors

Old 08-21-2012, 04:42 PM

I do have the computer and yes when I delete the check engine it comes back on in like 2 days then after like 2 weeks it turns off by itself then on again! And it's the code p096 I think !!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:43 PM

"IF" I'm not mistaken.. the code stored tells you conditions for the code.. even if it's a sensor failure.. Autozone or most parts stores can read the code.. write those down (or i think they can print out for you) and find the OBD Codes listing on the forum and go from there..

Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Thank u so much !!

Old 08-21-2012, 05:15 PM

Not a problem.. this at least give us a "ground zero" place to track things down..