Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Well, looks like Gary wasn't into refereeing so I thought I had better start a new and improved thread, so the discussion, and I highly suggest discussions can continue. Hopefully some useful information will develop soon so we don't have a repeat performance. Maybe DJ has some new info with his vested interest since Corky is absent...

Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

So I'm going to take partial responsibility for getting the other thread closed. If you feel I have offended or been disrespectful to Forum members , please accept my apology.
Yes I did talk to Corky last Friday and politely asked, in my sheepish voice, if he could give me a update, he rattled off a bunch of stuff that they have done and told me they still had a ways to go . Oil lines, a couple of pipes to fit and then we got on the topic of Dynoing and I passed on what I knew about pulling 50 amp fuse wire, which he didn't seem to know about. I told him I had no first hand experience , but had read it on the forum. That is as far as we got as he had to go motorcycle riding with friends. He is hard to nail down for specific answers.
Depending on who you talk to at Corkys shop you could get different take on the build.
Pee Ess
Corky also mentioned he had around 19 people seriously interested in this build.
I'm going to ask the forum moderator if we can res-erect the betting pool for HP and get it back on it's own thread. pretty please

Last edited by bjames; 07-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well James it takes a big man to apologize, and I also must concede to stooping to childish responses. As I had mentioned before, my ABS/ESP is currently non functioning due to pump or sensor other than wheel. She still will fall on her face during a burnout at 4 - 4 1/2 grand rpm. Remember "burnout in my yard?" I'm going to put that on my agenda for tomorrow when I get home from work with the fuse pulled to see if she revs past that, and will report back.

Edit: And as a footnote, did you see my post of possibly making a harness and "sharing" the rear wheel sensors signal with the front wheel interface? I've really got a feeling that is what its going to take short of getting into the brains to disable. I'm fairly sure that RPM limiter is the computer saying no more based on lack of front wheel speed.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 07-26-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Re: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread

Well I was going to fire off at all the combatants this evening but thankfully Valk stepped in and stopped the bleeding. Hopefully You all can behaive like adults from here on out.

It is too bad that Valk locked that thread but I think the betting pool was the least inportant piece of Intel lost over there. All the childish squabling was odd and Ill timed. As I recall we have had more news and information in the last two weeks than anytime since the begenning of this project. Not only has Bj talked with the Man himself but Jonoctovar stopped by and visited as well. Eyes on the prize as It were. Dj has also posted updates recently, as well as some other cat providing some legal info on BEGI to clarify some of the Misnomers being spread.

Hopefully We can get back to discussing the Project and not the people.

Herman

Old 07-27-2012, 05:21 PM

Just so you guys know they are thinking about us:

HI Greg,
We did have problems, yes. Pulling the fuse did not resolve it though. We are pretty certain we can fix it with the ECU reflash though. If not, we will investigate other avenues. We did give up on doing a base line in order to start design work. So we will do a base line on another car soon.
Thanks,

Stephanie

Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 PM

Should "we" try to get organized on this a little as a group? Probably would be best if 1 person was asking for updates rather than 20 emails and 15 phone calls in a week for them.
Someone step up if you want it or I'll self nominate.. LOL.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Latest update: you might want to check BEGi website tomorrow.. Getting some new information / pictures up is on Stephanie's agenda.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well, looks like Gary wasn't into refereeing so I thought I had better start a new and improved thread..
I hope you all understand that I just don't have the time to read through that much material to see where the thread really went wrong.
I just found closing it to be the only solution to the issue.
I chose not to DELETE the thread to preserve the valuable info if any.

LantanaTx had not posted in his own thread since May 1 but had stated personal issues were part of the reason for his absence.

Carry on here and please try to keep it clean and on point.

Gary

Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM

I kinda think we all needed our hands slapped that were posting lately.. things did get way out of hand. I just consider it a reality check,this is supposed to be about seeing the project to completion..

Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Forum Regular

Yes I realize the betting pool for the Hp wasn't on every bodies agenda. It was a created for fun and to try to give the thread a positive spin. To me the Turbo is about HP and Torque, and isn't that one reason we are getting them? It
was really great to see all the different guesses coming in and it created interest for several people.
Herman you don't get to wear the Boyscout uniform and be the good guy. It was a group effort of poor comments that caused that thread to close. "Puckered Bunghole" didn't help to the guy asking a few question you didn't agree with.
Being a little courteous and helpful instead of criticizing some guy for not" reading the thread" would have been a nicer direction from you. All part of the problem , not the solution.
I know I'm guilty of poking some people with a stick and encouraging them to poke back , but unfortunately we started sharpening our sticks. Lets settle down and have some fun and enjoy ourselves.

Last edited by bjames; 07-27-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Should "we" try to get organized on this a little as a group? Probably would be best if 1 person was asking for updates rather than 20 emails and 15 phone calls in a week for them.
Someone step up if you want it or I'll self nominate.. LOL.
I like your idea, I think you might be a little bias, and I certainly have bias on the opposite end of the scale. So...maybe Stephanie from BEGI could be contacted and would be willing to give a weekly update to the forum. Then it wouldn't be second hand with a twist of creative writing..
Thank you and good night

Old 07-28-2012, 12:55 AM

I had asked her about contacting her on a weekly basis.. whether it was me or another member, and she was totally receptive to the idea. Whether it was aired up a rear tire or what, just something to let us know the car and project are receiving some kind of attention. Do I feel this project has carried on way too long? Yes.. But as stated previously in the other thread, it is what it is... we either deal with their timeline and accept it will get done when it gets done, or get a refund and ignore the thread and go buy you a cold air intake and call it a day. Wild rants and dissing them here is not going to move the completion date up. Personally speaking, contacting her and merely copying and pasting her response should suffice.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:50 AM

I had asked her about contacting her on a weekly basis.. whether it was me or another member, and she was totally receptive to the idea. Whether it was aired up a rear tire or what, just something to let us know the car and project are receiving some kind of attention. Do I feel this project has carried on way too long? Yes.. But as stated previously in the other thread, it is what it is... we either deal with their timeline and accept it will get done when it gets done, or get a refund and ignore the thread and go buy you a cold air intake and call it a day. Wild rants and dissing them here is not going to move the completion date up. Personally speaking, contacting her and merely copying and pasting her response should suffice.
I was going to wait in giving the forum the news about the pictures being posted, I begged and pleaded to Steph to enlighten us with pictures..emailed her 3 days ago and she said it was on her weekend to do list

Old 07-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
I hope you all understand that I just don't have the time to read through that much material to see where the thread really went wrong.
I just found closing it to be the only solution to the issue.
I chose not to DELETE the thread to preserve the valuable info if any.

LantanaTx had not posted in his own thread since May 1 but had stated personal issues were part of the reason for his absence.

Carry on here and please try to keep it clean and on point.

Gary
I really enjoy seeing this build come together, and seeing those with a vested interest discuss the issues with the car. NOT the issues with each other. Our personalities are different, but our car's personality isn't all that different. We mod our cars the way we feel we should individually. But we learn from what each one of us does with the mod. I don't agree with all the modding that takes place on the SRT6 side, but I do learn from it. We even poke fun at each other over the mods, likes and don't likes.... It may even seem personal at times, but I have met most of those guys in person, and I am pretty sure we are all good friends. That is the other thing, sooner or later, we do get to meet each other in person as we all travel to the different get togethers. The old cop in me just likes to keep peace, but even I can make mistakes... On a final comment, and then will just set back and read the updates. Our WaveTrac build was damn near a year, and I waited patiently knowing it wasn't going to happen quickly. Others didn't. I don't see this as anything different. And, in fact, more difficult. Hope it comes to together....

Last edited by oledoc2u; 07-28-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Forum Regular

Without offending, The opportunity to get information and ask questions about the update probably should be someone that is not defense or argumentative. Copy and paste works great until there is a inquiry from a forum member that you might not agree with. That might muddy the waters. As a group we do have a larger voice and sitting back and waiting on a supplier to work their time frame , which far exceeds the sales pitch, just is not right either. You have your opinion and I have mine.
I do miss LantanaTX as our voice of reason. I think JHM2K would be a good person to be our contact, he was our first prototype and has no vested interest since he crashed his car, so he could be neutral, and has been here since day one.

Last edited by bjames; 07-28-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by bjames
Without offending, The opportunity to get information and ask questions about the update probably should be someone that is not defense or argumentative. Copy and paste works great until there is a inquiry from a forum member that you might not agree with. That might muddy the waters. As a group we do have a larger voice and sitting back and waiting on a supplier to work their time frame , which far exceeds the sales pitch, just is not right either. You have your opinion and I have mine.
I do miss LantanaTX as our voice of reason. I think JHM2K would be a good person to be our contact, he was our first prototype and has no vested interest since he crashed his car, so he could be neutral, and has been here since day one.
Correct me if I'm missing something but I thought Tighed1 had his car as the prototype and being worked on. Anyone else taking over would appear to be a bit presumptuous at least. He is a level headed person, why not leave things the way they are.
Of all those involved in this surely he has the largest stake in the project.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Correct me if I'm missing something but I thought Tighed1 had his car as the prototype and being worked on. Anyone else taking over would appear to be a bit presumptuous at least. He is a level headed person, why not leave things the way they are.
Of all those involved in this surely he has the largest stake in the project.
Last Activity: Today 11:28 AM

Guess maybe he's thinking over "take the lead"

jonctovar gets my vote if he want's it. He hasn't been in the middle of the fire from the start, and has had personal contact with them.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 07-28-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular

Last Activity: Today 11:28 AM

Guess maybe he's thinking over "take the lead"

jonctovar gets my vote if he want's it. He hasn't been in the middle of the fire from the start, and has had personal contact with them.
Did you read jonctovars update from his trip?

Old 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM

Yes I did.. he complied with everyones request didn't he..

Old 07-28-2012, 03:02 PM

Yes I did.. he complied with everyones request didn't he..
I don't mind every two weeks asking for an update, I get along with all the people at begi, and no one cared about my trip. I spent 30 min talking about projects and I saw the car briefly since it was a Friday at 415pm and everyone was getting ready to go. I stayed till the only people that were left were myself, Corky, steph, and my fiancee left @ 5.05pm.
Plus I have family in SA that with the proper motivation could take a drive if asked as a favor to me.

All I ask in return is support, not negative comments or remarks as why I didn't ask this or not when no one ever mentioned it in the 1st place. I plan on returning to visit the shop on October or November if they are not done by then.

Last edited by jonctovar; 07-28-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: BEGi Turbo Kit information/discussion thread