Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Check Engine Light

Old 09-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Check Engine Light

Originally Posted by waldig
You can swap the connectors on the upper o2 sensors, takes some effort to reach. I did it to test something out and it made richer readings but it did run. WW
The attached photos are of the passenger's side O2 sensor and driver's side sensor location under the hood. Please let me know if the sensors are properly plugged in to the correct plug on the harness.

Also, per the schematic on the previous page I do not see "red" as one of the wires for the O2 sensors.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Drivers side.JPG (310.5 KB, 48 views)
Passengers side.JPG (418.2 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by jgreen; 09-19-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:39 AM
Received 374 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by jgreen
The attached photos are of the passenger's side O2 sensor and driver's side sensor location under the hood. Please let me know if the sensors are properly plugged in to the correct plug on the harness.

Also, per the schematic on the previous page I do not see "red" as one of the wires for the O2 sensors.

? The second picture, is that a cut in the brown wire down by the heat shield? Looks like it. Just asking. ?

Old 09-20-2015, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
? The second picture, is that a cut in the brown wire down by the heat shield? Looks like it. Just asking. ?

Just checked it looks fine it was probably one of the fibers from the insulation surrounding the cable

Old 09-22-2015, 07:20 AM

This morning driving in to work. the A/C in the car got hot (like I had max heat on) for approximately 30-40 seconds then cooled back down to the orginal temperature. I had the recirculated button on like I normally do. Not sure if it's related to the engine light issue.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:15 PM

Does anybody know how to read Mode 6 Information see attached. I am still having the check engine light issue, not sure where to look next. I also uploaded the Scan Report about the fuel trim

Attached Images
Mode 6.JPG (148.5 KB, 44 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Scan-Report.pdf (31.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jgreen; 10-28-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:32 PM

Please let me know if anybody know a good shop in south Florida (Broward county)

Old 02-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been reading this thread like a novel. WHAT HAPPENED!!! Did you get it fixed? and how?

Old 02-09-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
I've been reading this thread like a novel. WHAT HAPPENED!!! Did you get it fixed? and how?
Nope.. The dealer will take another look on Friday. I started posting this issue on one of the Mercedes forums. But, like this forum after awhile it falls on deaf ears. car still runs like new, not sure why the light is on.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:40 PM

[/QUOTE]But, like this forum after awhile it falls on deaf ears. car still runs like new, not sure why the light is on.[/QUOTE]

It seemed like people were trying to help you figure out what was going on. What you posted, an the others replies ,were at least $1500 worth of diagnostics, from a dealer, being time an expertise. Have you learned anything new? Did you find a good shop in your area, that you feel ,can help; an if so, will you please post your findings? Sorry to admit, I can't contribute anything useful to help you, but what you find, will help me. Thank you in advance. Steve

Old 02-09-2016, 10:17 PM

Steve I agree with you, the folks on here are helpful. But, I am frustrated! My check engine light has been on for over a year, the car runs with no issues. As for a good shop, I recommend the dealer that has worked on my car over for the last 6 years. This issue occurred in the last month of the car's warranty. Since then the dealer has only charged me for a pcv valve, they have not charged me for all the countless hours of diagnostic work and new parts which have been changed over the last year and three months. They are committed to solving this issue hell or high water. They might not understand the car as well as some of the people here but, they have not given up and are committed to solving this issue.

Let me know if you are interested in the dealer's name.

Last edited by jgreen; 02-09-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Steve I agree with you, the folks on here are helpful. But, I am frustrated! My check engine light has been on for over a year, the car runs with no issues. As for a good shop, I recommend the dealer that has worked on my car over for the last 6 years. This issue occurred in the last month of the car's warranty. Since then the dealer has only charged me for a pcv valve, they have not charged me for all the countless hours of diagnostic work and new parts which have been changed over the last year and three months. They are committed to solving this issue hell or high water. They might not understand the car as well as some of the people here but, they have not given up and are committed to solving this issue.

Let me know if you are interested in the dealer's name.
PCV valve where can I find one of them on a Crossfire? Part number?

Old 02-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
PCV valve where can I find one of them on a Crossfire? Part number?
It's right next to the blinker fluid filler tube.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by robby363
It's right next to the blinker fluid filler tube.
Great! I am going to fill the blinker fluid tank with my own mix, 1,000 fire flies in a pint of water, let it sit overnight and then fill the tank.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I would be somewhat leery of a dealer that charges for a PCV valve on a car that doesn't have one.
But then, that's just me.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I would be somewhat leery of a dealer that charges for a PCV valve on a car that doesn't have one.
But then, that's just me.
I guess it is the EGR valve that was changed.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great! I am going to fill the blinker fluid tank with my own mix, 1,000 fire flies in a pint of water, let it sit overnight and then fill the tank.
Remember, there are 2 of them on some cars, yellow fluid tank for the front, and red fluid for the back. I think the Crossfire only has t tank though, since yellow at both ends.

Old 02-10-2016, 01:21 PM

Now you kids know better,than to tease your brother ! ! !

Old 02-10-2016, 01:24 PM

Now you kids know better, than to tease your brother ! ! !

Double posts happen when you get old, and your neurons fire twice as fast as a normal human! Yea that's it

Last edited by Steve Jr; 02-10-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:12 PM

I guess it is the EGR valve that was changed.
You may be correct. I have limited mechanical experience and rely on advice from others. Which is why I'm on this site.

I guess the standard practice on this forum is NOT to help individuals. Its more accepted to flaunt elitist behavior and post immature remarks. This is not what I signed up for.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 PM

You may be correct. I have limited mechanical experience and rely on advice from others. Which is why I'm on this site.

I guess the standard practice on this forum is NOT to help individuals. Its more accepted to flaunt elitist behavior and post immature remarks. This is not what I signed up for.
We try to help everyone, your problem is baffling. Looking through this forum you can see how much time has been spent helping others. Sorry you got miffed but it seems we are all fresh out of ideas.
I actually asked what the part number was so I could see what actually was replaced, no reply so I made an educated guess.
I will not add any more childish remarks, good luck.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-10-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light