Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

No P-Code???

Old 09-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No P-Code???

The "check engine" light is on. I did the 'key-dance' to see if I could get the p-code but I didn't get any. But there is the oil symbol on top of the odometer.

This happen to me 2 weeks ago but wait 3 hours and light turned off. And I texted my personal mechanic and told me it could be a faulty sensor or gas cap.

Also, I was in LA last night when the light came on. Drove 1 hour home and car had no issues. Drove this morning around the block and freeway, went 70. Still no issues.
Mess around and examine with the gas cap. No cracks or damage on the cap. And engine light is still on.

My mechanic is off today, so can't get ahold of him.

Should I be concern?

2005 limited
Bought used at 67k
Dealer replaced all sensor, rotors, and break pads.

Last edited by MickeyNasty; 09-06-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: No P-Code???

Originally Posted by MickeyNasty
The "check engine" light is on. I did the 'key-dance' to see if I could get the p-code but I didn't get any. But there is the oil symbol on top of the odometer.

This happen to me 2 weeks ago but wait 3 hours and light turned off. And I texted my personal mechanic and told me it could be a faulty sensor or gas cap.

Also, I was in LA last night when the light came on. Drove 1 hour home and car had no issues. Drove this morning around the block and freeway, went 70. Still no issues.

My mechanic is off today, so can't get ahold of him.

Should I be concern?

Is the oil symbol the too full light?

If it's an emissions issue any OBDII reader will tell you what it is but if it's an OEM Chrysler code you will need the factory DRBIII reader.

Most any auto parts store will read codes for you. Don't let them sell you any parts though.

PS: There is no way to get the codes out on a Crossfire without a reader.

Old 09-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KDW4Him

Is the oil symbol the too full light?

If it's an emissions issue any OBDII reader will tell you what it is but if it's an OEM Chrysler code you will need the factory DRBIII reader.

Most any auto parts store will read codes for you. Don't let them sell you any parts though.

PS: There is no way to get the codes out on a Crossfire without a reader.

So I should go to a near by, auto zone/O'Riley's/pep boys and ask them if they could get it read?

Old 09-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MickeyNasty
So I should go to a near by, auto zone/O'Riley's/pep boys and ask them if they could get it read?
Sure, they read them for free. Make sure they give you the code #. The description is less important but once you know the exact codes then we know where to go.