Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Auto transmission dip stick - 48" long

Old 01-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 537 Likes on 454 Posts
Default Auto transmission dip stick - 48" long

I ordered one of these just because it was cheap. I already have one I paid much more for, there is no difference between them that I can see except the red plastic handle is darker on the newer one and it came in a sealed plastic sleeve.
I haven't even used the old one yet.
CLICK

I say its a good deal, I complained when it never showed up in the max allotted time and they said I could have my money back, I said I would wait but they gave the money back anyway and I received it four weeks later than the maximum promised time. I cannot fault them on that, I'll let them know that I got it and they can invoice me for it if they want.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Auto transmission dip stick - 48" long

I have one as well. I have never used a MB version. These inexpensive imitations work fine and seem to be of acceptable quality. Recently, I had the same thing happen - I ordered a key fob case for another vehicle for something like $4. It took longer than promised so I sent an email to the seller, waited a day then contacted eBay. The seller eventually informed me that they had experienced a problem with their shipper (possibly caused by the Hanjin bankruptcy?) and refunded my $ promptly. But I still got the item just a few days later. I guess they are selling in such volume that they don't care if they give some nominally valued stuff away in order to manage their feedback reputation. They're just happy to be able to sell their cheap goods to us. Recently bought plastic seat belt stop buttons from another Hong Kong seller - the total cost including shipping was $1. Items arrived after maybe three weeks, but in that case the item was vastly inferior to something you might get from someone like Dorman.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

So why would I want to purchase one of these? Just curious.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

So you don't have to go to a dealer to have the transmission fluid level checked.