Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Relay Control Module

Old 02-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Relay Control Module

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Having a "disagreement" with Dave is sorta fun. I just don't take it personal, but I'll stand my ground the same as him on an issue I'm confident about. I acknowledge that he has a tremendous amount of knowledge about the Crossfire & has provided valuable tips on what my problem is and how to solve it. What more could you ask for!
I agree 100%. I WAS joking

Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85akJMdmFo

If this is what's happening, it's the RCM. $27 gets it fixed better than new!
do i just email tighed1, for assistance in having my rcm repaired help thanks

Old 03-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does he still repair the part the tighed1?

Old 03-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by howard mcmillon
does he still repair the part the tighed1?
Yes, shoot him a pm here or email him.

Old 03-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

I think he still provides the service to us, but his rate is $30 now (you need to confirm that). You can eMail him or send him a Private Message via this Forum. Either way, he gets an eMail notification. Truly remarkable what he does for us.

He fixed an RCM for me a couple of years back. Total turnaround time was 7-8 days. He even texted me when he was finished and confirmed the operation of my RCM in one of his cars. Sort of like a factory acceptance test.

Later,

Old 03-23-2017, 01:19 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Yup. Still doing them cept the postage price went up so cost is now $50.

I will inspect, redo bad solder joints, perform the Me So Horny mod (horn works w/o key) and replace these relays Air Pump, Fuel Pump, Engine and Traction Control. I will then test your RCM in one of my cars. Then I will mail back the RCM to you via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day). In most cases I get the RCM back in the mail the day after I receive it so yer looking at about a week total. If you want the package insured please include an additional $5. FYI, In the few years that I have been doing this have only lost 2 in the mail (one was to Canada).
Please email your address to me also at tighed1@hotmail.com.
Leave all fuses and plastic cover on RCM.

Note: If you mail signature required it will delay return time as I am not home when packages are delivered and will have to find time to go into town to pick it up.

Send your RCM and $50, cash, money order, whatever, to:

DJ TIGHE
3601 Pinnacle Ct
Sierra Vista, AZ 85650

Last edited by tighed1; 08-14-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:41 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Yup. Still doing them cept the postage price went up so cost is now $30.

I will inspect, redo bad solder joints, perform the Me So Horny mod (horn works w/o key) and replace the Air Pump relay (and the Fuel Pump, Engine or Traction Control relays if needed). I will then test your RCM in one of my cars. Then I will mail back the RCM to you via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day). In most cases I get the RCM back in the mail the day after I receive it so yer looking at about a week total. If you want the package insured please include an additional $5. FYI, In the few years that I have been doing this have only lost 2 in the mail (one was to Canada).
Please email your address to me also.
Leave all fuses and plastic cover on RCM.

Note: If you mail signature required it will delay return time as I am not home when packages are delivered and will have to find time to go into town to pick it up.

Send your RCM and $30, cash, money order, whatever, to:
I am not to sure about the mention of Canada, are we saying that anything lost is because of the Canadian postal system or it really does not count because it was for a Canadian. It could just as well have been lost in the US as anywhere else.l

Old 03-24-2017, 06:38 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

lost in the US
That would cover about 99% of us Yanks.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I am not to sure about the mention of Canada, are we saying that anything lost is because of the Canadian postal system or it really does not count because it was for a Canadian. It could just as well have been lost in the US as anywhere else.l
What I read into this is that with a postal system (Canadian or US) that's 99.9999% efficient when it comes to delivering the mail, that one item that gets lost potentially has a serious impact for the deliveree. Been there; had it happen to me.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:34 AM

What I read into this is that with a postal system (Canadian or US) that's 99.9999% efficient when it comes to delivering the mail, that one item that gets lost potentially has a serious impact for the deliveree. Been there; had it happen to me.
It is amazing that the item you really are desperate for gets lost and that piece of junk mail that you will never read gets through no problem and just to be on the safe side theres another one addressed to your wife.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
It is amazing that the item you really are desperate for gets lost and that piece of junk mail that you will never read gets through no problem and just to be on the safe side theres another one addressed to your wife.
I really liked this response!

Old 03-24-2017, 08:46 AM

I really liked this response!
I like your line in your signature. Not that there is anything political about it.