Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

New Hampshire 6-speed 500 (5.0) Underway!!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New Hampshire 6-speed 500 (5.0) Underway!!

Here is the official New Hampshire Batmobile 5.0 conversion thread. I'll update for major progress.

First of all I bought a motor... The shipping company dropped it. The seller sent the wrong year advertised. The harness was cut to fit on the pallet... It definitely makes the personal deadline hard. I wanted to have the car back in Korey's possession by the 19th. I don't see that as being possible with the hiccups. We'll see.

All of this happened yesterday. 6 hours of being planted in seats overall to get the car and the motor, both in separate directions.

Here is the first sight of the batmobile...

Here is the wife about to ditch me in the AMG....

Here is Albino 5.0 and the Batmobile for a greet...

And here is me picking up the motor...

First impressions..............

It's been over a year since I've driven a 6-speed V6 crossfire. I called Korey and was like, hey! It's crazy driving a stock V6 after so much seat time in the V8. He went on to inform me that he has the 74mm TB, K&N's, debaffled elbow, a tune... I was shocked. It wasn't bad. It just wasn't even slightly comparable to the V8. Turn in was sloppy, mid corner was sloppy with understeer and the only difference is the weight of the motor on mine over the front and the cut rear springs. To feel any type of power at all I had to rev the hell out of it. First gear to me, was needed for putting around... My friend even stated that the difference was utterly jaw dropping, just cruising around. The pull of mine in second from 1500RPM is comparable to a really smooth quick take off at 3500 - 4000 RPM in first on his V6. Where second gear is the go-getter gear in the V6, mine is 3rd and 4th. Now don't think I'm trying to put down on it at all, it was still really fun. It's a neck breaker and I was getting crazy good gas mileage. I'm just saying if you are on the fence about the V8, stay tuned for Korey to feel the differences and confirm what I just wrote.

Anyway, stay tuned for updates and pics.... To the Batmobile!!!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New Hampshire 6-speed 500 (5.0) Underway!!

Awesome! Sorry about all of the issues, though.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Awesome! Sorry about all of the issues, though.

Yeahhh it'll be ok. I'm going to pull the timing cover, thermostat, coils, wires and tensioner from my original V6. I'm going to pull the TB from his and put the one from mine back on his motor. I have a harness I'm going to snag from a buddy, possibly along with a flywheel since the motor is the wrong year. So it's all figured out, and I got 80% of what I paid for it back already, but it is still dissapointing. The worst part is teardown for the timing cover... You have to rip apart the entire motor and since I'm using one from mine, I have to tear two motor's completely down... By myself, it's going to take a while.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Yeahhh it'll be ok. I'm going to pull the timing cover, thermostat, coils, wires and tensioner from my original V6. I'm going to pull the TB from his and put the one from mine back on his motor. I have a harness I'm going to snag from a buddy, possibly along with a flywheel since the motor is the wrong year. So it's all figured out, and I got 80% of what I paid for it back already, but it is still dissapointing. The worst part is teardown for the timing cover... You have to rip apart the entire motor and since I'm using one from mine, I have to tear two motor's completely down... By myself, it's going to take a while.
If I was closer, I would give you a hand. I am down to 6 hours now...from running, installed engine to a bare short block on a stand.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
If I was closer, I would give you a hand. I am down to 6 hours now...from running, installed engine to a bare short block on a stand.
Dude that would be awesome. It sucks when we've been getting humidity, which here is like living in hell, but worse because it feels like your under water boiling lol. I have no cooler for my garage and I'm using all new tools and equipment. I could probably get it all torn down in a few hours each but the heat is just ridiculous right now in my garage. Plus I only have a few hours after work to get down and dirty. I'm kind of worried about the harness instalation though. Never done it, and it looks like a PITA!!!!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would routinely get 30-34 MPG driving about 75-85 back and forth from NH and VA with that v6. That is with my car completely full, truck and passenger seat. That is the only thing I will miss about the v6. Can't wait to get this car back!

Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by a7x6kse6
I would routinely get 30-34 MPG driving about 75-85 back and forth from NH and VA with that v6. That is with my car completely full, truck and passenger seat. That is the only thing I will miss about the v6. Can't wait to get this car back!

Yeah I was getting 29 ish in it, but I was trying to keep up with my wife in the E55 lol. I was thoroughly impressed with the mileage, that V6 does good with the mods for sure. You're going to LOVE the V8 lol.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Oh and don't worry, I'll clean her up lol. I'm guessing it got windy when they got to the desert because it looked like a dump truck unloaded beach sand on it when I went to pick it up lol.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Yeah I was getting 29 ish in it, but I was trying to keep up with my wife in the E55 lol. I was thoroughly impressed with the mileage, that V6 does good with the mods for sure. You're going to LOVE the V8 lol.

Yea, when I get 32 I am just staying steady at about 80, not pushing it.

Also I only get about 20 city due to the amount of traffic here so I am sure that brought down the average too.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Oh and don't worry, I'll clean her up lol. I'm guessing it got windy when they got to the desert because it looked like a dump truck unloaded beach sand on it when I went to pick it up lol.

And I just got it washed before it left lol

No worries, I am sure it will get just as dirty shipping back lol

Old 07-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Yea, when I get 32 I am just staying steady at about 80, not pushing it.

Also I only get about 20 city due to the amount of traffic here so I am sure that brought down the average too.
Yeah I wanted to get on it to see how everything felt and acted. Had it to about 115 on nice smooth stretch and some bursts to 90 when passing.

You definitely need to look into racing seats at some point lol. I felt like I sat on a rock for 2 days straight lol.

I love the cup holders though lol. You can actually use them

Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 PM

haha yea I do want to get some, I just haven't found any I like and are cheap enough yet. I also want to get some yellow racing harnesses for the batman theme lol.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in New Hampshire is this going to end up? I would love to see it when its done

Old 07-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is the wife about to ditch me in the AMG....
The wife ? I thought that was now EX-wife. Wha happen ?
( at least next time take a picture where we can see her ! )

Old 07-11-2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rayth
Where in New Hampshire is this going to end up? I would love to see it when its done
Well I actually live in Virginia at the moment. My parents live in Londonderry, NH, and I do make trips up there every few months. I will need to go up for an inspection soon as well. I will let you know when I plan to make a trip and see if we can work out a time to meet up.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 AM

haha yea I do want to get some, I just haven't found any I like and are cheap enough yet. I also want to get some yellow racing harnesses for the batman theme lol.
That would be sweet man!

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
The wife ? I thought that was now EX-wife. Wha happen ?
( at least next time take a picture where we can see her ! )

She came to me begging. I thought about it for a week and decided sure, since she was genuinely ready to actually do her part. I'm a forgiving person, maybe too easy to forgive given what happened, but in all honesty neither of us were ready to put in 100% before. She hasn't moved back in yet but I can already tell we're both putting in everything we have. So things are definitely better. I'll put a pic up on my thread.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:43 AM

Here's how the motor arrived...

And here it is after some teardown. Each part pulled needed to be checked and I only had about 45 minutes last night.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:12 PM

Why in the world would they take the oil filter housing off ?
I can see maybe selling the alternator, the 16 plug wires, the TB, the PS pump, the A/C compressor and the tensioner pulley,
but oil filter housings don't go bad ........

PS: start saving for a new rear tire on the bike.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Why in the world would they take the oil filter housing off ?
I can see maybe selling the alternator, the 16 plug wires, the TB, the PS pump, the A/C compressor and the tensioner pulley,
but oil filter housings don't go bad ........

PS: start saving for a new rear tire on the bike.
Look at the second pic. It's actually sheared off. I think the shipping company dropped it and snapped it off. The housing is one piece with the timing cover.

The rear on the bike is only 1000 ish miles old lol. In person you can actually see a ton of tread still on it, and still round, no flat middle. The pic is just not right to tell, it actually looks kind of flat lol, that's weird.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Look at the second pic. It's actually sheared off. I think the shipping company dropped it and snapped it off. The housing is one piece with the timing cover.

The rear on the bike is only 1000 ish miles old lol. In person you can actually see a ton of tread still on it, and still round, no flat middle. The pic is just not right to tell, it actually looks kind of flat lol, that's weird.
Yes, I see that now ! BUMMER ! Will the 6 cyl one fit the same ?

Quick Reply: New Hampshire 6-speed 500 (5.0) Underway!!