Europe Serving all countries of the European continent.

Dome light and weird alarm light snag

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome light and weird alarm light snag

Hi All
well another snag...or two...firstly is the red light in the photo part of the factory alarm system, it feeds into several small black connector units behind the dome light and to two what look like after market internal movement sensors see pic one showing the light, when you depress it, it lights up for about 5 secs then goes out....nothing else so would like to take it out ?

Secondly! my internal dome light does not work with the door switches our central locking...checked fuse 9 and all ok, even more weird it works on the '0' position (see photo 2) as in on all the time but as i said does not work in the 'i' position....and the cargo light doesn't work either....i think they have a control unit but not sure where that is

Any replies to either would be great thanks

Attached Thumbnails Dome light and weird alarm light snag-imag0269.jpg   Dome light and weird alarm light snag-imag0271.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Dome light and weird alarm light snag

Well I've owned 2 of these cars and seen many of them, But haven't see anything like that. I would say some one did some modifications on it. I'm sure someone else will chime in and give you another opinion.

Good Luck, Ken

Originally Posted by yorkiekev
Hi All
well another snag...or two...firstly is the red light in the photo part of the factory alarm system, it feeds into several small black connector units behind the dome light and to two what look like after market internal movement sensors see pic one showing the light, when you depress it, it lights up for about 5 secs then goes out....nothing else so would like to take it out ?

Secondly! my internal dome light does not work with the door switches our central locking...checked fuse 9 and all ok, even more weird it works on the '0' position (see photo 2) as in on all the time but as i said does not work in the 'i' position....and the cargo light doesn't work either....i think they have a control unit but not sure where that is

Any replies to either would be great thanks

Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dome light and weird alarm light snag

I remember having an issue with the dome light not going out when the door was open/closed and when the car was locked/unlocked. at the same time, I had an issue with the doors unlocking/locking randomly while driving. This turned out to be related to a water leak in the trunk which shorted out the module that controls the alarms and door locks. It is beneath the passenger side floor in the trunk, yes, below the foam that is below the false floor. It may not be what you're encountering, but may be worth checking to make sure.