Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

HID Install Lows and Fogs with Pictures

Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: HID Install Lows and Fogs with Pictures

Good to hear. Thanks for the write up and the pics. The Pacifica is very similar in it's headlight arrangement and your solutions are something I would implement.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What in the world is that thing sticking up from the engine?? Does that fit with the hood down? Does it give you more horsepower or better gas mileage??
Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY
My friend Max (maxcichon) installed my HID headlights at the BBQ Saturday night at the Dragon
Thanks Max !!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wouldn't know!

I drink Scots whiskey...

Old 04-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

H.I.D's are definitely the way to go! But I'm beginning to wonder if manufacturers have different settings for what a 6000k kit looks like, compared to a 10,000k. I say this because a friend of mine has a different pair of H.I.D's and his are 10,000k but mine are 6000k and they look about the same!

-Gdrag

Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 PM

Maxcichon,
Quick question... I'm ready to convert both my low beam and fog lights. However, the eBay vendor I'm looking to buy from is saying I will lose my high beams. Is this so?

Any tips you have for me to make sure I get a certain model/spec is much appreciated.
FYI, the ones I'm looking at are about $60/pair shipped.

CHRYSLER HID Conversion Kit 300 Crossfire Sebring XENON:eBay Motors (item 360157631096 end time May-26-09 23:41:52 PDT)

Thanks much!
-Az4R1

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I wouldn't know!

I drink Scots whiskey...

Old 05-25-2009, 09:48 AM

The Crossfire has a seperate high and low bulb. You only loose your highbeam on a two headlight system. Like a Caravan or the Ram.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM

I saw no mention of "Bulb Out" indicator guarantee. I use this seller and have had very good luck. Same price?

hid kit xenon conversion H1 H3 H4 H7 H11 9005 9007 9006 - eBay (item 390054147613 end time May-25-09 13:03:20 PDT)

They may not care if you have an indicator bulb on. Contact the seller and if he states he will refund for this error, in writing (eBay Messages), you might be OK.

Max

Originally Posted by Az4R1
Maxcichon,
Quick question... I'm ready to convert both my low beam and fog lights. However, the eBay vendor I'm looking to buy from is saying I will lose my high beams. Is this so?

Any tips you have for me to make sure I get a certain model/spec is much appreciated.

CHRYSLER HID Conversion Kit 300 Crossfire Sebring XENON:eBay Motors (item 360157631096 end time May-26-09 23:41:52 PDT)

Thanks much!
-Az4R1

Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

Maxcichon,

Thanks much!
-Az4R1
Max recommended this ebay seller hidgate for purchase of our HID lights.
He installed mine and my high beams were no affected in any way.
This ebay seller worked well for several here.....

See: Great Outdoors Equipment Ebay Store

Last edited by Valk; 05-25-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 AM

Many thanks for the quick reply guys...! I'm contacting the eBay seller now to make sure I'm covered on the concerns.

I was planning to go with 6000k and I see that this seller is offering a range type color temp.
What color temp did you guy when with? I'm looking for white and slight blue tint. Definitely don't want blue/purple of the 10000k kits.

Thanks again.
-Az

Old 05-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts

I was told that 5000k is the brightest white before turning toward blue.
I went with the 5000k and am completely happy.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Max or any one else who can provide assistance:
I'm in the middle of my installation of low beams and fog light. Low beams went well, all is good and looks great.

However, on the foglights, I can't get power out of either left or right ballast. I used a test light to make sure I have power and ground just before the ballast, and I do.

I was about to conclude that it's just my luck that both ballast were bad, however, I took the chance and tried one of the 9006 ballast to the H7 power supply and it I get power! I even tried the HID 9006 bulb and it works! I'm totally confused now on why I can get power on the 9006 ballast using the OEM fog light connector. Any ideas? I'm not sure what else I can try at this point.

If you feel like calling, my number is (734) 368-2696.
Thanks!
-Az

I saw no mention of "Bulb Out" indicator guarantee. I use this seller and have had very good luck. Same price?

hid kit xenon conversion H1 H3 H4 H7 H11 9005 9007 9006 - eBay (item 390054147613 end time May-25-09 13:03:20 PDT)

They may not care if you have an indicator bulb on. Contact the seller and if he states he will refund for this error, in writing (eBay Messages), you might be OK.

Max

Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suppose I am showing my ignorance but what bulb sizes do I need to mention when getting this conversion kit for the low beams, and just for giggles can someone provide the fog light sizes too? I guess I am just used to going to the store and looking up the bulb part number for my car. I really don't know the difference between an H1 and H7 or 9006. Sorry for my confusion.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by goodgenes79
I suppose I am showing my ignorance but what bulb sizes do I need to mention when getting this conversion kit for the low beams, and just for giggles can someone provide the fog light sizes too? I guess I am just used to going to the store and looking up the bulb part number for my car. I really don't know the difference between an H1 and H7 or 9006. Sorry for my confusion.
H7 Low and High and

9006 Fogs.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...t-numbers.html

Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner!

I can't imagine what issue you would have to prevent the fog from coming on, but perhaps a mis-match of connector pin length? I mean you can mate the connectors, but the copper isn't touching inside when you do. Mine worked fine-no issues.

All I can think of.

Max or any one else who can provide assistance:
I'm in the middle of my installation of low beams and fog light. Low beams went well, all is good and looks great.

However, on the foglights, I can't get power out of either left or right ballast. I used a test light to make sure I have power and ground just before the ballast, and I do.

I was about to conclude that it's just my luck that both ballast were bad, however, I took the chance and tried one of the 9006 ballast to the H7 power supply and it I get power! I even tried the HID 9006 bulb and it works! I'm totally confused now on why I can get power on the 9006 ballast using the OEM fog light connector. Any ideas? I'm not sure what else I can try at this point.

If you feel like calling, my number is (734) 368-2696.
Thanks!
-Az

Old 06-08-2009, 02:55 PM

Pull the light switch **** out towards you to get the fogs to come on. Feel free to flame me but thought I would throw that out there.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 AM

Max,
Thanks for the reply. The pins not touching was one of my concerns too at first. But I probed a test light and was able to rule out that possibility. Regardless, I got it to work finally! Like always... it's the last thing u think of!!!

I got home and thought about it and with a help with a friend with fresh mind to issue, it turned out that the polarity was switched on the OEM foglights power source....! Damn thing!

The only reason I can think of was because I got my foglights replaced due to the common center cap issue and perhaps the new design required the polarity to be reversed on them. The eBay seller you recommended also suggested the same thing, but by the time I got the reply I was already enjoying the lights

I must say I'm totally pleased with both the foglights and low beam, I went with 6000K on both.
Thanks again for posting the great how-to on installing them!
-Az

p/s: I have small hands too apparently, I didn't remove the radiator overflow tank. I removed the two 10mm bolts and that gave me enought room to maneuver.

Sorry, I didn't see this sooner!

I can't imagine what issue you would have to prevent the fog from coming on, but perhaps a mis-match of connector pin length? I mean you can mate the connectors, but the copper isn't touching inside when you do. Mine worked fine-no issues.

All I can think of.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Thumbs up re: HID Install Lows and Fogs with Pictures

I should have remembered! Someone else had that same problem. Ended up filing off the bump for the connector lock. Glad you found it.

Max,
Thanks for the reply. The pins not touching was one of my concerns too at first. But I probed a test light and was able to rule out that possibility. Regardless, I got it to work finally! Like always... it's the last thing u think of!!!

I got home and thought about it and with a help with a friend with fresh mind to issue, it turned out that the polarity was switched on the OEM foglights power source....! Damn thing!

The only reason I can think of was because I got my foglights replaced due to the common center cap issue and perhaps the new design required the polarity to be reversed on them. The eBay seller you recommended also suggested the same thing, but by the time I got the reply I was already enjoying the lights

I must say I'm totally pleased with both the foglights and low beam, I went with 6000K on both.
Thanks again for posting the great how-to on installing them!
-Az

p/s: I have small hands too apparently, I didn't remove the radiator overflow tank. I removed the two 10mm bolts and that gave me enought room to maneuver.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:29 AM

Yeah... worked out. Attached is info on how to switch the connector from the eBay seller, in case anyone face the same problem.
-Az

I should have remembered! Someone else had that same problem. Ended up filing off the bump for the connector lock. Glad you found it.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
9005-9006 male.pdf (78.3 KB, 57 views)
Old 06-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Thumbs up re: HID Install Lows and Fogs with Pictures

Yeah... worked out. Attached is info on how to switch the connector from the eBay seller, in case anyone face the same problem.
-Az
Nice find.

Great addition to the thread!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: HID Install Lows and Fogs with Pictures

Max, were the kits you installed 35w and did they come with a special harness so they wouldn't throw the bulb out indicator? Also, your opinion please on this 50/55w kit. Will it generate too much heat? Many thanks for your expertise, Steve.
HID XENON CONVERSION KIT H7 6000K 12V 50W 55W - eBay (item 390062475264 end time Jul-28-09 03:50:34 PDT)

Quick Reply: HID Install Lows and Fogs with Pictures