Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Trunk CROSSFIRE Lettering

Old 11-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trunk CROSSFIRE Lettering

Thanks, Dtinker, for sending me an F. When I went to put it on I noticed my other letters are loose. Any suggestions?

Old 01-15-2017, 10:54 PM

Greetings,

The letter "E" is partly missing on my 2004 Crossfire. I don't have a need for the entire kit. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can obtain that cute little "E"?

Jonavet

Old 02-04-2017, 08:20 PM

Hey everyone!

Quick question (or maybe not) here. The letters on my 2004 whip were loose, so I took them off and have cleaned them with GooGone and isopropyl. Should I use 3M Super Strength Molding Tape to put them back? I'm guessing create stencil, cut with xacto, adhere to the letters, let them set under a textbook for a night? Or is there some other adhesive I'm not thinking of that's better? I'm in the Southwest, so temperature fluctuation are very much a thing.

Thank you much! All the best!

Old 02-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by frozenith
Hey everyone!

Quick question (or maybe not) here. The letters on my 2004 whip were loose, so I took them off and have cleaned them with GooGone and isopropyl. Should I use 3M Super Strength Molding Tape to put them back? I'm guessing create stencil, cut with xacto, adhere to the letters, let them set under a textbook for a night? Or is there some other adhesive I'm not thinking of that's better? I'm in the Southwest, so temperature fluctuation are very much a thing.

Thank you much! All the best!
I believe that is what is used.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:12 PM

Good Afternoon,

I am looking for Letter 'F', do you have it by any chance?

Regards,
Sri

Old 05-07-2017, 03:04 PM

Does someone has the complete name?all the letters?

Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 PM

I am looking for the Letter F for my 2005 Crossfire. If anyone knows where I can get one let me know.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gipeto
Yes, I do.

Old 07-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought an 04 Crossfire a couple of months ago, and is missing the second (middle) "S" (hence my username). I am also missing the rear Chrysler winged logo. Is there a difference in the S's, as the second S sits right in the centerline of the rear panel, so perhaps it has a slight "arch" on that letter? If anyone has a replacement, I would surely appreciate it. A recent search on eBay only showed an "O" as the only single letter that I could find. After reading through several pages on this thread, it is obviously a huge problem with the lettering. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-04-2017, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 04Crosfire
I just bought an 04 Crossfire a couple of months ago, and is missing the second (middle) "S" (hence my username). I am also missing the rear Chrysler winged logo. Is there a difference in the S's, as the second S sits right in the centerline of the rear panel, so perhaps it has a slight "arch" on that letter? If anyone has a replacement, I would surely appreciate it. A recent search on eBay only showed an "O" as the only single letter that I could find. After reading through several pages on this thread, it is obviously a huge problem with the lettering. Thanks in advance!
I have an "S", and it has a slight arch to it. PM me and I'll send it to you.

Old 07-05-2017, 12:27 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

o
You have a thirteen year old car which has letters attached with sticky tape, you have no idea how the car has been treated, run through a car wash many times or what ever. The letters may have been removed by one owner then reattached later who knows? So you cannot say there is a huge problem, if you went to the local hospital you would not generalize and say all the population was sick or dying. So coming to that conclusion after reading this thread is not correct, only people with a problem have posted here. I have had no problem on the two Crossfires I have had, but I do keep a spare set of letters just in case.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gipeto
Yes, when we repainted Betty,
we didn't put them back on because we like the clean look.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:07 PM

You're right, onehundred80, after reading the many posts on this long thread, I probably spoke too soon! All of the other letters on the back of my car seem to be pretty well secured, just the missing center "S", as well as the Chrysler winged logo. I'm not sure if the previous owner was trying to debadge the car, or maybe was stolen, who knows. I do know that the original owner had the car for about 12 years, then a 2nd owner had it for just a year or so. Luckily, the 1st owner had pretty good records that are on carfax. This is my first Crossfire, although I've been a fan of them since they first came out. I'm still getting into the "learning process" of this vehicle! This is a great forum though... I've already learned a LOT on here!

Old 07-20-2017, 01:08 PM

We recently bought a beautiful 2004 Crossfire. Unfortunately, after putting the car through the car wash, we lost the letter "F". We returned to the car wash, but couldn't find the letter. We'd appreciate any help if anyone has one as opposed to having to buy the entire set. Of course, we'd be more than happy to pay for shipping, etc. Many Thanks!

Old 07-20-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by elway7
We recently bought a beautiful 2004 Crossfire. Unfortunately, after putting the car through the car wash, we lost the letter "F". We returned to the car wash, but couldn't find the letter. We'd appreciate any help if anyone has one as opposed to having to buy the entire set. Of course, we'd be more than happy to pay for shipping, etc. Many Thanks!
"Cross" "ire" is the angriest Chrysler ever made.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 AM

You're right, onehundred80, after reading the many posts on this long thread, I probably spoke too soon! All of the other letters on the back of my car seem to be pretty well secured, just the missing center "S", as well as the Chrysler winged logo. I'm not sure if the previous owner was trying to debadge the car, or maybe was stolen, who knows. I do know that the original owner had the car for about 12 years, then a 2nd owner had it for just a year or so. Luckily, the 1st owner had pretty good records that are on carfax. This is my first Crossfire, although I've been a fan of them since they first came out. I'm still getting into the "learning process" of this vehicle! This is a great forum though... I've already learned a LOT on here!
Please send a "PM" with name and address and cell phone number. I have most of the letters in multiples and will send them to you for free ready to install.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:59 AM

Hello all,

My father is missing the the middle "S" from the back of his Crossfire. Does anyone know of where I might be able to buy a new one for him or set if buying individually is not an option? I appreciate all your time and help.

Old 10-09-2017, 02:44 PM

Perhaps a silly question but does the "I" have a top and bottom or is it symmetrical? I'm getting ready to put one back on. Luckily, we saw it was loose before it fell off and was lost.

Also, I see there's a 3M adhesion promoter that can make the double-sided tape stick better. Does anybody use it or just the tape alone?

There's currently an "O" on eBay for anybody that's searching.

Last edited by MarkT777; 10-09-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Just go on Facebook to the Owner's page and ask for a letter -about ten people will mail you one free. Or so I've observed.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Just go on Facebook to the Owner's page and ask for a letter -about ten people will mail you one free. Or so I've observed.
I have the letter but just haven't gotten around to sticking it back on yet. For one thing, I'm not sure if the "I" has a top and bottom or if it's the same either way. For another, do people use the 3M adhesion promoter which makes the tape stick a lot better?

Quick Reply: Trunk CROSSFIRE Lettering