Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Oracle Angel Eyes Kit Now Available

Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Oracle Angel Eyes Kit Now Available

I was playing around with the idea of putting angel eyes on my car when I came across a ready to install Crossfire specific kit. It is made by Oracle, and they seem to be a fairly reputable company. I don't know if anyone else has posted anything about these pre-made kits, and if so, I apologize for the repost. I just thought $199 was a pretty good deal for those of us who are less technically inclined.

Oracle Crossfire Angel Eyes Kit

Oracle Website

Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 PM
www.CustomCrossfire.com
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Oracle Angel Eyes Kit Now Available

Ive seen the oracle videos before.. They use the technique of baking the headlight in the oven to melt the glue holding the lens in place. I have heard that many have tried this on our headlights with no success getting the lens off. I could be mistaken however.. maybe contact the company directly and ask how they did the install on the crossfire specifically??

Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I had contacted them several months ago. I wanted a specific color and they would do it for $20 more. I learned that the oven proceedure won't work on these lights, but I never thought about asking them how they recommended.

James

Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, let us know what you find out. I did like there illuminated wing emblem idea.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Forum Regular

I just plan on cutting the lens where the rubber seal is so the cut will be covered upon remounting. Seems a bit easier and far less risky than putting the assemblies in an oven (I never was much for cooking, anyway, haha.)

I'm looking at doing this within the next month, so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

jonnyangel04 had a set of headlights for sale that are already cut apart for the halo lights. Contact him if you want to save your originals.

James

Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by James1549
jonnyangel04 had a set of headlights for sale that are already cut apart for the halo lights. Contact him if you want to save your originals.

James
Thanks for the info, I sent him a PM, so we'll see what he says.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:48 PM

Ya know, I still dont get the point of all this light up shiny ****....

things like that light up wing make the car look cheap... and as for angel eyes... if you wanted them, you should have aimed for a bmw

Old 09-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Infinite

things like that light up wing make the car look cheap... and as for angel eyes... if you wanted them, you should have aimed for a bmw
Dale Carnegie - How To Win Friends and Influence People You need to read it.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Forum Regular

Thats what i like about you Infinite without your upbeat and helpful opinions how would anyone know what looks good and should be done with THEIR car.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously? Do you come to this site just to be a jerk? Personally I don't like them either but they do and it's their car. It's cool if you want to criticize people for what they do to their car, but there are much better ways to do it than saying "Ya know, I still dont get the point of all this light up shiny ****...."

Hell I've got rear diffusers from mopar, they're basically shiny **** too. I like em though. All I'm saying is don't be a ****** and find some class.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:47 AM

still have a set of light ready to go all ready cut. pics in thread below. Had an offer pending, potentially fell through. The jagged black on the lights themselves (not the lenses) in the pictures, is actually the mercedes caulk/glue. It would need to be pealed off before reapplying and epoxying. I am asking $350 plus shipping. They again as about as perfect as they get. I paid $400 for them.... I think some members forget what these assembles cost......

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post522908

CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE LTD HEAD LIGHT R+L: eBay Motors (item 180542890265 end time Aug-10-10 09:48:59 PDT)

Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Forum Regular

Granted everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you truly believe that, then I'd be curious to know if you've ever added a single item to any vehicle you've owned that didn't come stock...

That is the beauty of owning a vehicle, it's yours to do with as you please. Making a vehicle unique my adding your own style and details is part of the fun.

I've never had any desire to own a BMW, but I don't see how that should preclude me from admiring a stylistic detail that present BMW's have. If you follow that logic, anybody who owns a Crossfire would be labeled in the same manner, and should have just purchased an SLK 320... Obviously that isn't the case, considering we all own Crossfires...

So as much as I appreciate and respect varied opinions and differences, there will always be haters and dissidents. It's just a shame that it is present on a forum based on mutual support, friendship and love for a car...

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (06-11-2023)
Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Granted everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you truly believe that, then I'd be curious to know if you've ever added a single item to any vehicle you've owned that didn't come stock...
My impression, looking at vehicles "modded" with a bunch of extra lights, is they are rarely modded in any other way. Stock engine, drive train, suspension, exhaust... just a bunch of cheap lights stuck all over the car.

Perhaps there are cars, heavily modified, AND they have extra lights added - but the "lights only" modders have already created the reputation which makes others view them otherwise.

There are a LOT of gear heads, car enthusiasts and bike enthusiasts who view add on lighting as a negative.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joliet John
My impression, looking at vehicles "modded" with a bunch of extra lights, is they are rarely modded in any other way. Stock engine, drive train, suspension, exhaust... just a bunch of cheap lights stuck all over the car.

Perhaps there are cars, heavily modified, AND they have extra lights added - but the "lights only" modders have already created the reputation which makes others view them otherwise.

There are a LOT of gear heads, car enthusiasts and bike enthusiasts who view add on lighting as a negative.
I agree, there is a cheap way to do things and a classy way. In the past I've been more prone to performance modifications, now I'm trying to be more balanced and have equal performance/visual mods. That is why I'm getting my visual mods out of the way this year so I can move on to the more costly and time consuming performance mods next year.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:21 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Granted everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if you truly believe that, then I'd be curious to know if you've ever added a single item to any vehicle you've owned that didn't come stock....
you should see his horrifically ugly ricer wanna be drifting crap, lmao

Old 12-22-2010, 11:27 AM

a couple of pics of our Crossfire while at the Fall Tail Of The Dragon 2010. everyone loved the look. I am curious as to how many Crossfires have them now in the US.........

Old 12-22-2010, 11:32 AM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd love to have a set on my car but wouldn't take the challenge to open my lights. If anyone wants to take a core exchange, I'll buy them.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by FP
I'd love to have a set on my car but wouldn't take the challenge to open my lights. If anyone wants to take a core exchange, I'll buy them.
Ignorance is bliss, If I had known that what I did wasn't possible, I probably would not have tried it myself!!!! It really was a challenging project, but if I can do it everyone can, just plan on cutting them apart,(I wouldn't put mine in the oven) and be sure to use a good epoxy to seal them back together. Knock on wood, so far we have not had any moisture issues. Our baby is covered up and stored in a heated area, but I will update everyone in the Spring when we get her out. If anyone is thinking of attempting the project, I'll try to advise as much as possible, just shoot your questions my way!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with FP, I have 2 angel eyes from a 300 headlight that got smashed in an accident. While Im chomping at the bit to install them, common sense and $$$$ issues keep me from doing this mod and breaking my lights.

As for the light mod overload sure you can go overboard but a selective and balanced look will help make it stand out from stock.

Some like show; some like go; some like a little of both

Pooly

Quick Reply: Oracle Angel Eyes Kit Now Available