Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

My latest mod - Flashing Brake Lights

Old 03-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My latest mod - Flashing Brake Lights

Andrew posted great pics for installing flashing brake light module. However, it is for NA. Anybody put one of these on an SRT6? Wiring is a little different since no pop up spoiler. I can see what looks like the connector to the 3rd brake light with one black and blue connector and two brown ones. Have also looked at the wiring diagram. It shows a black and blue and a brown to the light. So not sure about the second brown wire to the connector. Last thing I want to do is screw up the electricals on this car.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmier
Andrew posted great pics for installing flashing brake light module. However, it is for NA. Anybody put one of these on an SRT6? Wiring is a little different since no pop up spoiler. I can see what looks like the connector to the 3rd brake light with one black and blue connector and two brown ones. Have also looked at the wiring diagram. It shows a black and blue and a brown to the light. So not sure about the second brown wire to the connector. Last thing I want to do is screw up the electricals on this car.

Rest easy young grasshopper, the two brown wires are a continuous ground. The BK/BL wire is the hot wire.

Check out my install ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post831215 ), open two windows to follow along.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the data.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

[QUOTE=AKING57;828683]LSC100A fitted from Superbrightleds.com $4.95 plus shipping. Very easy mode about 15mins total.
I will post a video soon.

Here are the pictures
QUOTE]
I am just about to do this so I lightened the pics a shade to see the details a little easier.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 03-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Rest easy young grasshopper, the two brown wires are a continuous ground. The BK/BL wire is the hot wire.

Check out my install ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post831215 ), open two windows to follow along.

PDF download added from GG's information .. stored on facebook so might not work for some.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen this mod on the Roadsters. I have a Coupe, will this Strobe Controller work
on a Coupe. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Yes it does.. After seeing them at the Dragon.. I now need to get three of these in.. LOL

Old 10-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Yes it does.. After seeing them at the Dragon.. I now need to get three of these in.. LOL
Greg, Mary, I got mine here :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Strobe-Controller-Flasher-Module-for-LED-Brake-Stop-Light-Lamp-T1K-/361324055756?hash=item5420978ccc
( they are $2.67 each with free shipping )

Old 10-06-2015, 07:24 PM

Thank you sir!... off to spend a couple bucks.. LOL.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:40 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank You George, I Appreciate the lead.
Mary

Old 10-07-2015, 12:48 PM

The first time I noticed a flashing brake light was on a Hyundai Sonata. They pulsed a little different than the ebay module that seems popular but the effectiveness is the same. I attended the car show here in Chicago, conversed with the reps from Hyundai. They were unaware of the brake feature. Apparently it is an upgrade included in some upgrade package because not all Hyundai Sonatas have the brake feature. Then, I was behind a Honda that had the flashing center brake light. It seems that these flashing lights are becoming popular. I am assuming that the module can be installed on any vehicle with proper instructions. However, I still find that in traffic, drivers tend to tailgate my Crossfire or so it seems because we sit so low and there is not much of a vehicle behind our back. Then again, many drivers tailgate altogether to not let anyone change lanes in front of them. Frankly, I hang back and let drivers change lanes. I hit my brake quickly to let the driver know behind me to "wake up" especially with the flashing brake light. Maybe someone can design a blinking message when one hits the brake of a Crossfire that says "get off my F*%#ing A%&". You think that is subtle enough?? I installed the module myself. Hardest part was removing the plastic trim to get to the wires. The plastic tools to remove the plastic trim were very inexpensive, I think I found them on Amazon (forum info). Thanks to the forum for flashing brake light info!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally they annoy me. I am sure they help keeping people behind you aware, but when I am behind one it just ticks me off. I see them on motorcycles a lot as well. I don't doubt they work well and probably significantly reduce rear end collisions, but they do irk me. If they were adjustable, with maybe 1 flash, then solid, I wouldn't mind as much. I remember seeing them on motorcycles where they flash faster based on how hard you were braking, those are very effective.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:38 PM

I agree with you, they ARE annoying, but they ARE effective. The first time I was behind the Sonata, it did kind of got pissed me off but I didn't know why. BUT, what I did do was go for my brake quickly because the flashing caught my attention very effectively. I can't stand drivers that cut in front of me especially when driving the Crossfire causing me to jamb on my brake but that occurs all the time. I don't experience the same lack of respect when I'm in a larger vehicle. Small cars get little respect. That's why I don't tailgate because I don't want to be the one to run into someone's back end and give them whiplash that I once encountered in a rear end accident from an aggressive cab driver. If I hang back from the car in front, then the jamming of brakes seems minimal. Generally, I find truck drivers hang back (many times) when they are in stop and go traffic . I agree with you, the flashing brake light is annoying. It could be sole the reason they are effective.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:19 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BisB
I agree with you, the flashing brake light is annoying. It could be sole the reason they are effective.
I agree, they do get your attention, so they must be effective. I saw several of them on people's Crossfires at Woodward, and if they were toned down some, they could be as affective without being as annoying. Especially with LED CHMSL brake light. LED being more instant on/off are more noticeable anyway, then when you add flashing/strobing, it just kicks it up a level. If I add one, it will be the speed/decel sensitive type I have seen on motorcycles.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Personally they annoy me. I am sure they help keeping people behind you aware, but when I am behind one it just ticks me off. I see them on motorcycles a lot as well. I don't doubt they work well and probably significantly reduce rear end collisions, but they do irk me. If they were adjustable, with maybe 1 flash, then solid, I wouldn't mind as much. I remember seeing them on motorcycles where they flash faster based on how hard you were braking, those are very effective.
I first posted about what it might be like behind one of these at the Dragon and how annoying it might be. I was behind several who had them, I found out it's a non-issue.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Runner
Removal of the trim panels is easy. Three screws & a trim removal tool or screw driver. Reference the shop manual available on this site. (I don't know how to post the pages from the shop manual) Go to Contents 23 Body then 23-48 & 23-49. Page 2903 & 2904. Be careful when installing the upper panel that the pins are clear of the flasher unit. I didn't have any problems with broken pins on the panel. The black wire with the blue stripe is positive & the brown wire is ground. ......
Many thanks Red Runner!

I have just fitted one of these units to my new Crossfire using your guide which made the job so easy. Only thing I did different was to solder the wires and cover the joints using heat shrink tubing.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one on my Chevy HHR it would flash and then stay on I just got one on my Crossfire but it flashes all the time that the brakes are on I think I will find the one that just flashes and then stays on.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by jayloukakis@hotmail.com
I had one on my Chevy HHR it would flash and then stay on I just got one on my Crossfire but it flashes all the time that the brakes are on I think I will find the one that just flashes and then stays on.
See post 48 in this thread. I installed this one, it flashes 3 times fast, 3 times medium, then stays on.

At $2.62 each with free shipping, order several to make sure you get one that works correctly.
I got 5 of them, and they ALL worked correctly, but at that price, better safe than sorry.
I also got 10 sets of 2 pin trailer wire connectors from eBay so I could easily install the flasher, then also easily reconnect the brake light as OEM if I wanted.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 11-17-2015 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the very well done with pictures instructions.
Took me all of 10 mins. to install.
Love it

Old 04-15-2024, 04:23 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a current reference for this flashing brake light mod part. The links I tried did not find part. Thanks👍