Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

$5 Dollar Front Lip

Old 06-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $5 Dollar Front Lip

I got the one from dp_spec on e-bay for the same price, came without the lip on top.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360948026894...84.m1497.l2649

Last edited by cornetnut; 06-29-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As it turns out, there is no listing for the original spoiler anymore...

Old 06-29-2014, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by cornetnut
I got the one from dp_spec on e-bay for the same price, came without the lip on top.

For 99 00 Honda Civic EK T R Poly Urethane PU Front Bumper Lip Spoiler Body Kit | eBay
Put it on my watch list! Thanks!

Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 AM

Cornetnut:

I did not cut the $5.00 lip I bought. I used the flange where some cut it off. Mine fit very well. I also did not paint the one I have. I cleaned it good and used a plastic preserver. My car is black and I liked the contrast I got just by using the preserver. I also ran it at 105mph for 30 min. to make sure that I had no breakage or loosening of the mounting.

Oh, the SRT6 already has a lip!.
I'm sure what ever you do will turn out fine, just look at it from all angles before you cut it.

Old 07-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Forum Regular

Srt6 does already have a lip but u can add the $5 too. But has to be custom fit. I have it on mine.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140529_141955.jpg (1.46 MB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140529_141946.jpg (1.42 MB, 219 views)
Old 07-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by austinbarrylee
Srt6 does already have a lip but u can add the $5 too. But has to be custom fit. I have it on mine.
that actually looks pretty good

Old 04-06-2015, 06:57 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Good job looks good.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This. Is. Perfect.

I remembered this thread from back when Mrmiata first posted it and, as luck would have it, I now have a need for this. Yes, not just a want, but a need! You see, I just acquired a 2004 Coupe in SSB and the previous owner did some curb kissing with the front end. It's pretty bad. But this lip spoiler will cover all the damage!! I was debating between trying to repair the damage myself or just get the whole front bumper painted, but since this will cover the damage it's a helluva lot cheaper than having the bumper resprayed. $32 shipped and, since the seller is nearby, I'll have by the end of the week.

Now to order some matching SSB paint from automotivetouchup.com, do a test fit, cut the "V", make sure it's all lined up - then paint it! A little 3000 grit wetsanding after the paint dries, buff it out, and bingo! All in I'll probably spend $85!!

A huge thank you to Mrmiata, dtinker and others who shared their experience with this piece.

As for my 2005 Aero Blue Roadster, it's had the Cupra R (little phat lip) on for a few years now, and it's staying. This will give unique personalities to both of my Crossfires - I love it!!!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:50 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
This. Is. Perfect.

I remembered this thread from back when Mrmiata first posted it and, as luck would have it, I now have a need for this. Yes, not just a want, but a need! You see, I just acquired a 2004 Coupe in SSB and the previous owner did some curb kissing with the front end. It's pretty bad. But this lip spoiler will cover all the damage!! I was debating between trying to repair the damage myself or just get the whole front bumper painted, but since this will cover the damage it's a helluva lot cheaper than having the bumper resprayed. $32 shipped and, since the seller is nearby, I'll have by the end of the week.

Now to order some matching SSB paint from automotivetouchup.com, do a test fit, cut the "V", make sure it's all lined up - then paint it! A little 3000 grit wetsanding after the paint dries, buff it out, and bingo! All in I'll probably spend $85!!

A huge thank you to Mrmiata, dtinker and others who shared their experience with this piece.

As for my 2005 Aero Blue Roadster, it's had the Cupra R (little phat lip) on for a few years now, and it's staying. This will give unique personalities to both of my Crossfires - I love it!!!

Just had to chime in.. Cupra R is in the living room waiting to go on my newest roadster.. LOL. Just for the same reasoning as yours in the unique personalities department.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by cornetnut

For 99 00 Honda Civic EK T R Poly Urethane PU Front Bumper Lip Spoiler Body Kit | eBay

now this looks like fun! since i just started painting stuff, i have an itch to do more. thanks for this link, i just purchased and will update my progress.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:05 PM

finished my lip last week and it turned out good, not great

C8bVwQj.jpg

straight out from the box, it's much small in size. don't worry once you warp it with the heat gun, it'll mold to the trim (also good for me since this mod covers up a couple of paint chips in the bottom of my bumper)

hX12MwR.jpg

cut a "V" to help bend. careful when bending, the rip increased a bit that almost reached to the front of the visible lip

yugfXRD.jpg

sample held up by my bondo friends

kEW4JNX.jpg

i started on the sides. i don't know how you guys cleared this but i had to remove my wheel in order to gain leverage. the screw was longer than the length of the bumper to the front of my tire. (in this picture it's lifted but once it's down the clearance was only like 1"-2"

OaxpD2U.jpg

once i had my reference screws in, i took the lip out

xekJKvw.jpg

i worked my way around. drilled about 4 screws in the middle and towards the side and it fell in place pretty good.

fyo5TJD.jpg

had my paint can friends help me out as i warped it with the heat gun

kicq4mu.jpg
zJK5hgL.jpg

finished. notice i didnt mention 3m double sided tape. i had some, tried to put it, but the resistance on the corners of the lip was so intense that the tape drooped. and the lip bevel was so short that the tape was exposed so i just did my best with the heat gun and added two more screws at the furthest part of the tab (the bottom area where the V was cut). the downside of this is that there is a little gap that you can see when standing right above it. i didn't mind and it looked more stable with two more screws in place.

Overall, it was a fun job and took my about 2 hours just because i was alone. i was going to paint it but it has a glossy finish already and once you throw on a mother's back to black coat, it shined very similar to the body. thanks for the info on this and making the crossfire even more unique!

Old 12-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is the other style (same year series) looks on a car... That top flange notched to fit

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-15-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:07 PM

I dont see how this is appealing.. it make it look lower so....?
I don't see how it could improve aero or do anything positive
except for lower your ground clearance..

I mean it doesn't look bad, but am I missing something with functionality??