Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

$5 Dollar Front Lip

Old 02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $5 Dollar Front Lip

Originally Posted by turbomar
You need a new camera. ppl want to see how it fits... you know, close up, high res
these are all camera phone pics...i'll make a youtube video so you can see.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by xxx_fire
CHEAP price and cheap looking....go heat gun,cut a v,cut the top,put 3mm tape,and "possibly"put flanges on your weak lip..you get what you pay for. keep wishing you still had my lip....

p.s i already got a sponsorship for gumball3000 i will be driving a friends masseratti.thanks to my sponsor _________.com

i attached some photos of my lip, so you can keep wishing ..by the way i sold my 8th lip today.
I'm Happy.. could actually care less what you think. Won't be any lag bolts through the side of my fender.

Hey what color is the massareratti? That way when my crew takes my helicopter out I can maybe get some great pictures and video of you in the borrowed car! First lier doesn't have a chance does he..

John.. where's the butter with that?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I'm Happy.. could actually care less what you think. Won't be any lag bolts through the side of my fender.

Hey what color is the massareratti? That way when my crew takes my helicopter out I can maybe get some great pictures and video of you in the borrowed car! First lier doesn't have a chance does he..

John.. where's the butter with that?

i will post up pics...dont you worry about that ..

Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 PM

i will post up pics...dont you worry about that ..
I'm sure you will.. when they hit the california area... sneak up while they are all partying and have a buddy snap a picture of you next to the car.. Your so coool...

Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM

I'm sure you will.. when they hit the california area... sneak up while they are all partying and have a buddy snap a picture of you next to the car.. Your so coool...

nope actual footage...stop looking up to me so much..its getting old. your like a ex girlfriend that just doesny get it. stop clinging on...

Old 02-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Here is the message that has just been posted:
if you call your boyfriend holding up one end of the lip a installation..so be it.. like i said before been there tried that with that exact same lip(it does not fit). take an up close picture...you drive a miata. im sure its a convertable and you and your boy toy blast elton john all day
Actually that's my son.. we don't sway your way.. So basically what your saying here.. you don't have any talent to slightly tweak something to fit.. just hack it off and lag bolt it is your answer.

Oh.. and buy the way.. I bought the hardtop version.. no convertable..

Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was impressed with the 5 dollar spoiler so had to order 1 for mine thanks Mrmiata

Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CHEAP price and cheap looking....go heat gun,cut a v,cut the top,put 3mm tape,and "possibly"put flanges on your weak lip..you get what you pay for. keep wishing you still had my lip....

p.s i already got a sponsorship for gumball3000 i will be driving a friends masseratti.thanks to my sponsor _________.com

i attached some photos of my lip, so you can keep wishing ..by the way i sold my 8th lip today.
I like that lip, where can I find one?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by old man
i was impressed with the 5 dollar spoiler so had to order 1 for mine thanks Mrmiata
I'm glad I could contribute to the Forum and our cars. Like I said, I wasn't feeling good that day and spent a whole 2 minutes out there setting it in place and taking a picture. When I found it fit inside the fenders like they are designed to and close off the end like they are supposed to I knew there was no way this couldn't be massaged to fit RIGHT. I think the picture demonstrates it almost holds itself on the car. There's no tape or screws holding it in my shot, only my son supporting that one end in position.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by coolx
I like that lip, where can I find one?
Here's the current link to one of his auctions. The vendor has several listings. Like I say, I hit a fluke and got it for $5 shipped, but he's actually listing them for $40 shipped. Don't ask me how I got that lucky.. was just meant to be I guess..Karma.. LOL.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

And just so some know I'm not bending u over and blowing smoke..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 PM

for the price if i dont like it i can trash it with a little money out of pocket

Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 PM

i didnt luck out like you Mrmiata

Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by old man
i didnt luck out like you Mrmiata
With no factory option for these I'd say we all got lucky..(I'd hate to see what they would price out at too reflecting on the diffuser prices) Each others creativity and discoveries being shared is what makes this Forum a great place for owners!

Old 02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

With no factory option for these I'd say we all got lucky..(I'd hate to see what they would price out at too reflecting on the diffuser prices) Each others creativity and discoveries being shared is what makes this Forum a great place for owners!
And that is exactly how it should be. Im going to try one of the lips, it may not be that exact one you used but 99-00 civic lips should fit so why not.

By the way xxx_fire.... why dont you just explain what you did to that civic lip you got. It will earn you a much better reputation than slandering someone who took your idea (which was bound to happen) and has a cheaper solution for the same outcome.

The following users liked this post:
Jonsir09 (02-12-2022)
Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular

seems kind of messed up that you are attacking him for trying something out himself. Personally I think both your and his lip look like crap but it is not up to my opinion what others do to their cars. I am sure I have done things that people hate about my car (I keep my wing up for example haha.)

Old 02-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Let us know how to identify you when you get to the Toronto stage of the rally. We will come down and cheer you on.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Let us know how to identify you when you get to the Toronto stage of the rally. We will come down and cheer you on.
I do find it quite depressing that the recipient of such a large sum of cash can't even spell Maserati correctly, and he will be the pilot responsible for its fate in the rally.

Even more shocking that someone who is so rude to certain folks, is able to flip the switch and become a Cheshire Cat to others long enough to convince them out of $30,000 for said sponsorship.

Perhaps I have this "working for a living" thing all mixed up.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Based on those facts... Perhaps we all do.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
I do find it quite depressing that the recipient of such a large sum of cash can't even spell Maserati correctly, and he will be the pilot responsible for its fate in the rally.

Even more shocking that someone who is so rude to certain folks, is able to flip the switch and become a Cheshire Cat to others long enough to convince them out of $30,000 for said sponsorship.

Between you and me I think he's full of $hit. Keep that to yourself though.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Between you and me I think he's full of $hit. Keep that to yourself though.
Agreed. And I won't tell anyone.

Quick Reply: $5 Dollar Front Lip