Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

How many would be interested in buying a vented carbon fiber hood?

Old 09-22-2012, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many would be interested in buying a vented carbon fiber hood?

Please only respond to this thread if you are interested. We will try to make it happen ones more
It shouldn't be to hard to find 10-15 people

A soon as we are at least 10 people then we can turn to mr "Mad_Med05X" for a request

Old 09-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Default Re: How many would be interested in buying a vented carbon fiber hood?

Nobody ??

Old 09-23-2012, 06:13 PM

im in! ive been waiting for this for a long time

Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd like to see the hood flex issue resolved myself before becoming a consideration. I like the look but wouldn't be crazy about watching it dance running down the highway.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really should check with Madmed to see if he's even remotely interested in this again before this becomes a big time waster. Just sayin....

Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I'd like to see the hood flex issue resolved myself before becoming a consideration. I like the look but wouldn't be crazy about watching it dance running down the highway.
you get used to it... or you get hood pins

Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM

05-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Mad_Med05X
Forum Regular

User Gallery

Re: Vented Carbon Fiber Hood Design Status

Must have 10 solid buyers, otherwise it's not advantages to start the bulk buy.

Thanks,

Med

Note the date of this statement.. after all the ordeal of clearing out the last round ..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 09-23-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 AM

Hi!

I have now send a PM to Mad_Med05X . Lets see what hi will answer. Will get back to you all as soon as I hear something from him.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:10 AM

The following members has shown there interest:

* benoitparadis
* FUBU
* pumascr21
* Silverarrow

/Adam

Old 09-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few things - first, you guys do know that any speed above, say 60 MPH, and these hoods SHAKE. It is to the point on mine where anytime I am over 80 MPH it is shaking so bad it looks like it is going to fly right off the car. I have talked with several others who have them installed and they feel the same way. Next, after the grief Med went through, I would be surprised if 4 potential customers would be enough to sway him, as last I heard him say, it was 10 PAID customers and he would consider it. Lastly, shipping that hood to FUBU would cost more than the hood, and would not arrive in one piece anyway. When he freighted mine across the country, it came with a big hole in the box and looked like it was kicked all the way here, all for the cheap price of around $300 shipping. Nothing was too wrong with it, but it needed to be buffed or sanded and recleared as soon as it arrived.

I am glad I got one, and Med did as good of a job as he possibly could have, but these buys are usually not all candy canes and gumdrops, from what I understand, Med was screwed by several people who said they would pony up and didn't. I originally was not going to purchase a hood, but he contacted me and made me an offer I could not refuse

Who knows, maybe he will let one of you deal with the manufacturer and take all the risk if he is no longer interested in doing so...

Old 09-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You just mentioned 2 of the 3 reasons I changed my mind on the hood. (I didn't put a deposit, just signed up as interested) I doubted it would arrive in P.R. undamaged. The ruling body for the tracks I race at require hood pins on a fiberglass or carbon fiber hood and I didn't want to drill holes in it. The last reason was all the photos I saw were taken in such a way it looked like he was hiding something. From what I hear now, the hood is a beautiful thing to behold.

Les

Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
A few things - first, you guys do know that any speed above, say 60 MPH, and these hoods SHAKE. It is to the point on mine where anytime I am over 80 MPH it is shaking so bad it looks like it is going to fly right off the car. I have talked with several others who have them installed and they feel the same way. Next, after the grief Med went through, I would be surprised if 4 potential customers would be enough to sway him, as last I heard him say, it was 10 PAID customers and he would consider it. Lastly, shipping that hood to FUBU would cost more than the hood, and would not arrive in one piece anyway. When he freighted mine across the country, it came with a big hole in the box and looked like it was kicked all the way here, all for the cheap price of around $300 shipping. Nothing was too wrong with it, but it needed to be buffed or sanded and recleared as soon as it arrived.

I am glad I got one, and Med did as good of a job as he possibly could have, but these buys are usually not all candy canes and gumdrops, from what I understand, Med was screwed by several people who said they would pony up and didn't. I originally was not going to purchase a hood, but he contacted me and made me an offer I could not refuse

Who knows, maybe he will let one of you deal with the manufacturer and take all the risk if he is no longer interested in doing so...
Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Couldnt have been said any better.

That last part is what needs to happen IMO, he went through alot and at this point if people want them someone needs to take the initiative. Even with the flaws I would love to have one, but right now as then its just bad timing.

If Med agrees to do it again I honestly believe that payment in full from 10 people should be made first. It would be a long wait for them to be made but I doubt he would stiff anyone. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: How many would be interested in buying a vented carbon fiber hood?

Is it not possible to add carbon fiber stiffners under the hood. Hobby shops have all sizes of rod in all sorts of shape that could be bonded underneath and solve the shake.

Iam assuming that the shake is up and down and not side to side.

It would be easy to add a metal brace between the hinges sorta like on a mustang shock towers, to add more support.
Woody

Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Couldnt have been said any better.

That last part is what needs to happen IMO, he went through alot and at this point if people want them someone needs to take the initiative. Even with the flaws I would love to have one, but right now as then its just bad timing.

If Med agrees to do it again I honestly believe that payment in full from 10 people should be made first. It would be a long wait for them to be made but I doubt he would stiff anyone. Just my 2 cents.
Or at least half down.. non refundable.. full payment due within 30 days of completion or all rights to claim lost. THEN everyone will be dead serious.. or there will be some hoods up for sale cheap.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 09-24-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Or at least half down.. non refundable.. full payment due within 30 days of completion or all rights to claim lost. THEN everyone will be dead serious.. or there will be some hoods up for sale cheap.

That would deffinately wake people up and stop them from trying to flake out. lol

Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
That would deffinately wake people up and stop them from trying to flake out. lol
Maybe throw in a "transferable" option on the deposits.. that way if you screwed up and didn't sell all the bull dogs you could maybe salvage half of your deposit.. LOL.

Just saying...

Old 09-24-2012, 05:10 PM

Maybe throw in a "transferable" option on the deposits.. that way if you screwed up and didn't sell all the bull dogs you could maybe salvage half of your deposit.. LOL.

Just saying...

Lol, you could throw in that option. But if people are serious enough to try and put Med back through all of this they better just have it all straight up front. Or take these ideas, find someone, and do it themselves.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the heck, I'll go topless and leave the hood at home. We are known of having good winters in Sweden.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM

Half price vented carbon fiber hood because someone gets a "failed" stamp.. I think I could deal with the 80MPH dance daily.. LOL. They would fly off the shelves with that kind of sale.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
Is it not possible to add carbon fiber stiffners under the hood. Hobby shops have all sizes of rod in all sorts of shape that could be bonded underneath and solve the shake.

Iam assuming that the shake is up and down and not side to side.

It would be easy to add a metal brace between the hinges sorta like on a mustang shock towers, to add more support.
Woody
Woody, there is much that could be done, at this point, but I have already sanded and re-cleared the hood, bought extra supports for the side hinges that do not look as sturdy as I would like, and bought new hardware for the vents, because they did not use nylon nuts or loctite, so they vibrate off. I am just saying, that it is getting costly just to make the thing driveable, after paying north of $300 for a sshitty shipping job.

As I said, I think Med did the best job he possibly could, and the hoods are fantastic, but for the kind of money that was charged, they are far from complete, and many did not arrive in great shape. These items are outside Med's ability to affect, so IMHO he did the best he possibly could to bring a unique product to market, but like I said before, it is not all rainbows and unicorns LOL

Maybe Obama will bring some of you a hood this year with your tax return

Quick Reply: How many would be interested in buying a vented carbon fiber hood?