Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

tailight and fake hids

Old 11-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tailight and fake hids

Two questions
1. My passenger tail light went out and I need to know what bulb to buy tomorrow
I'm too lazy to search so please forgive me
2. When i had my gti I had bought some headlight bulbs for it that gave the appearance of 6000k hids and didn't involve the extra steps of wires (I actually removed them before i got my xf , they are h7 bulbs would they fit?) Is there any bulb like this for the xf I'd rather spend 30$ on bulbs than 200-400$ on a xenon hid kit , any ideas

Old 11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: tailight and fake hids

Originally Posted by Jackerman
Two questions
1. My passenger tail light went out and I need to know what bulb to buy tomorrow
I'm too lazy to search so please forgive me
2. When i had my gti I had bought some headlight bulbs for it that gave the appearance of 6000k hids and didn't involve the extra steps of wires (I actually removed them before i got my xf , they are h7 bulbs would they fit?) Is there any bulb like this for the xf I'd rather spend 30$ on bulbs than 200-400$ on a xenon hid kit , any ideas
H7 is correct but as soon as you have a blue tinge to the light they are not as bright as the clear H7 and certainly not as bright as HID's.

You can get real HID's for less than $50.

There is a list of the correct bulbs on the site here.

But you are to lazy to have found all this out.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
H7 is correct but as soon as you have a blue tinge to the light they are not as bright as the clear H7 and certainly not as bright as HID's.

You can get real HID's for less than $50.

There is a list of the correct bulbs on the site here.

But you are to lazy to have found all this out.
Where is this hid kit for less than 50$
Lol yes I am to lazy haha

Old 11-22-2012, 07:39 PM

Where is this hid kit for less than 50$
Lol yes I am to lazy haha
What a coincidence, so am I.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Here is the link
complete crossfire bulb part numbers ...

Old 11-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 11-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for the links , I just bought the brake light bulb before even checking part numbers, I got a Sylvania bulb 7528 , hopefully it doesn't cause issues as Ive been reading through this section and now know the xf is a picky girl when it comes to electrical components

Old 11-24-2012, 02:55 AM

I would highly recommend avoiding the "HID" look a like blue tinted blubs. I tried a 75w set i believe 7000k and they were horrible. Light output was was worse than i expected. even would check if my headlights were on(which they were) at times. look cool but borderline unsafe

I went with these and they are good, a bit brighter than stock too

Osram Rallye 65w Ultra High Output H7 Special-Service Bulb

Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-pictures.html

I wrote this up. I hope it helps? HID's are very easy to install in these cars. And cheap too!

The eBay HID's are a bit "bluer" (is this a word? I don't think so) than the multi-hundred dollar kits. A 5000K bulb is shockingly white-with a very, very slight tinge of blue to them. I've had mine since I wrote the Sticky and am quite satisfied!

Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 PM

did the sylvania 7528 bulb work? i keep having problems with connectivty with mine ill get it in place and the lights on then i put it in but shortly after when im driving it seems. to fall out of place. anyone elses had this issue?

Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys for the links , I just bought the brake light bulb before even checking part numbers, I got a Sylvania bulb 7528 , hopefully it doesn't cause issues as Ive been reading through this section and now know the xf is a picky girl when it comes to electrical components
I dropped in a 1157 bulb I had laying around that was handy. "Was" having some contact issues.. bulb out indicator then within 2 minutes it was contacting. Bought the correct bulb a week ago, just haven't gotten around to replacing. And the 1157 seems to have settled in to good contact.. LOL.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:30 AM
Forum Regular

I saw an Audi s4 the other day on the highway and i was really jealous of his bright white stock xenon headlights and fog lights.
Its was a b6 s4 If your wondering so there was no LED eyelids . I want my xf to have the bright white hid lighting up front
Thanks for the links , I haven't read anyones yet cept maxs and although it was well written , I'm on my android and the pictures were tiny and it also seems like you may have took a few extra steps then you needed but thats alright

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bluecat1986
did the sylvania 7528 bulb work? i keep having problems with connectivty with mine ill get it in place and the lights on then i put it in but shortly after when im driving it seems. to fall out of place. anyone elses had this issue?
As of now they work just fine , took me 15 minutes to get it in because it was the passenger side out and i have fairly large hands , didn't remove What I believe is the reservoir tank either but yes they work so far *knock on wood*

Old 12-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw an Audi s4 the other day on the highway and i was really jealous of his bright white stock xenon headlights and fog lights.
Its was a b6 s4 If your wondering so there was no LED eyelids . I want my xf to have the bright white hid lighting up front
Thanks for the links , I haven't read anyones yet cept maxs and although it was well written , I'm on my android and the pictures were tiny and it also seems like you may have took a few extra steps then you needed but thats alright
I take whatever steps I feel are needed.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I take whatever steps I feel are needed.
He forgets that thread is 4 years old, the sets are a bit different now. the grommet is now usually molded in place, it was on my set, so no mods there.

It would be nice if he did an updated version though. Do you think he will volunteer to do it, then we can critique his version.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
He forgets that thread is 4 years old, the sets are a bit different now. the grommet is now usually molded in place, it was on my set, so no mods there.
Seems in the last year the Xentec digital ballast systems do not come with the rubber grommet.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:26 PM

im wondering if i had a faulty bulb or something just bought a new pair of 7528 bulbs i got my passenger side working fine but the driverside keeps going out soon after i drive off. do those 1157 bulbs work better are they leds? mr miata did u get them on the internet or at neigbor hood auto store. id love the look of led type bulbs myself

Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM

do the 1157 s need resistors or how does that work because we need a dual filament bulb?

Old 12-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by bluecat1986
im wondering if i had a faulty bulb or something just bought a new pair of 7528 bulbs i got my passenger side working fine but the driverside keeps going out soon after i drive off. do those 1157 bulbs work better are they leds? mr miata did u get them on the internet or at neigbor hood auto store. id love the look of led type bulbs myself
Make sure the socket terminals are tight against the bulb base, also look for spark damage to the terminals.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:34 PM

i will im gonna try a fresh 7528 tonihgt or tommorrow. ive just been working 12 hr shifts past 3 days so i havent had much time. love your sig lol

Quick Reply: tailight and fake hids