Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Broken headlight adjusted, possible fix?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken headlight adjusted, possible fix?

So we had a headlight go out on our 04 about a year or so ago, I did not have time to get it changed for my mom. She had the dealership do it, and later on we found out they broke the adjuster on the passenger side and it points right down at the ground...

What I'm wondering is, if you can pull the headlight apart and fix that bit, or is it easier to just put a new headlight in it? We plan on putting HID's in the lows/fogs soon, but need to fix this little issue first. The car sits quite a bit in the garage so I have all the time I need to mess with it.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Broken headlight adjusted, possible fix?

From experience, just tighten the adjustment screw until the the ball (adjustment screw) snaps back into the socket (headlight assembly).

Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am having the same problem, how did you fix the addjuster ,i screwed it out to see it the light would move and nothing, did the sping come off? . btw i hit a hugh pot hole and all this happened ,.. also i have a vibration in the front end , i just got an allignment and all tires rebalanced, but still have that vibration. i am going to have the front rimes and tires exchanged to make sure its not the rim..what else could be causing this?

Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bobco1
i am having the same problem, how did you fix the addjuster ,i screwed it out to see it the light would move and nothing, did the sping come off? . btw i hit a hugh pot hole and all this happened ,.. also i have a vibration in the front end , i just got an allignment and all tires rebalanced, but still have that vibration. i am going to have the front rimes and tires exchanged to make sure its not the rim..what else could be causing this?
Screw it in, not out. It needs to be tightened to pop back into the socket.