Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Crossfire Dome light question

Old 06-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire Dome light question

Hi, just bought a 2004 crossfire coupe and the light was out on the left side . We got a bulb and went to put it in took the cover off and there are no wires or any place to put a bulb on that side . It looks like there never was . Its odd .

Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Dome light question

I think it's connected to the right side dome light and not through separate wiring. The left side notoriously doesn't work. It's often not the bulb. A little bang on it snd mine comes on. There are some fix it threads on here. Do a search. Good luck snd welcome. A few quirky things about all cars. This is one of them for the xfire. This is one fun car though.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bulbs fit into a socket that is fitted into the housing from the rear - go figure - secured with a quarter turn. You can replace bulbs without removing the socket if you're careful but if the socket gets turned it could come loose & end up in the cavity above the housing. If you take out the two recessed phillips screws & pop the housing out of the headliner you might find the socket is up there.
Power is distributed through solid metal bars running along the back of the housing - no wires.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Buck Spunni
The bulbs fit into a socket that is fitted into the housing from the rear - go figure - secured with a quarter turn. You can replace bulbs without removing the socket if you're careful but if the socket gets turned it could come loose & end up in the cavity above the housing. If you take out the two recessed phillips screws & pop the housing out of the headliner you might find the socket is up there.
Power is distributed through solid metal bars running along the back of the housing - no wires.

Believe it or not, there are a couple of different lamp/socket configs out there. Mine were bulbs hard wired into those sockets that I had to dismantle when I installed LED laps there. I had to fabricate the contacts for both sockets when I installed them. Good luck in what your doing to the dome lights!