Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Exterior Issues - Chipped paint/emblem/door handles

Old 08-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Issues - Chipped paint/emblem/door handles

My 2005 Crossfire has seen better days, over the past 12 months the exterior has just fallen apart. I have a couple of maintenance items I need to complete and was hoping for some help on a few things.

1.) Emblem - The emblem on my trunk fell off a few days ago, luckily it dropped in my drive way and is unscathed. What should I use to clean the area before re-gluing the emblem? Also, any suggestions on what adhesive I should use to glue it back on?

2.) Door Handles - The silver coating on my door handles are chipping, are there any guides on how to fix this? I'm not sure what to use and what the process is for this.

3.) Paint - I have several chipped pieces of paint on my car that I need to touch up. I bought some factory touch-up paint that should match. I've never had to apply touch-up paint before, i'm guessing the process is to Wash > Apply wax remover to the spots i'm touching up > apply touch up paint and let dry > buff?

4.) Racing Stripe - It got so hot here this year that part of my racing stripe actually melted away on the end of my car. I'm not sure if this is easily fixable, or if I should just leave the bare spot.