Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Sideskirts and Diffusers

Old 11-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sideskirts and Diffusers

Hey guys I'm wondering does anyone know where to get a nasty looking sideskirt that goes with the crossfire and a unique smooth set of diffusers. I'm looking for a more sporty look cause the motor is beefed up. Any information is appreciated

Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Sideskirts and Diffusers

Originally Posted by FabianDMoody
Hey guys I'm wondering does anyone know where to get a nasty looking sideskirt that goes with the crossfire and a unique smooth set of diffusers. I'm looking for a more sporty look cause the motor is beefed up. Any information is appreciated
Sideskirts are a sore subject to some of us "older timers". Years ago there was a group buy to have some custom made. Once they FINALLY got manufactured, the fit was horrible. Some spend much more than the sideskirts cost to have them fitted to their car. Fortunately most people got their money refunded. But, you can probably find them for sale somewhere on the internet. BEWARE!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FabianDMoody
Amazon.com: 2004-2008 Chrysler Crossfire Duraflex AMG Look Side Skirts Rocker Panels - 2 Piece: Automotive Amazon.com: 2004-2008 Chrysler Crossfire Duraflex AMG Look Side Skirts Rocker Panels - 2 Piece: Automotive
are pretty much the only options for side skirts, but as stated they are "buyer beware"

what are you looking for in a diffuser? there are basically two options: the fiberglass MOPAR knockoffs on eBay (again, people have reported fitment issues) or the flat kind from CTD Germany that are pretty hard to find at this point

Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
Amazon.com: 2004-2008 Chrysler Crossfire Duraflex AMG Look Side Skirts Rocker Panels - 2 Piece: Automotive are pretty much the only options for side skirts, but as stated they are "buyer beware"
Those are the skirts I was referring to. Damn bastards created much anguish for skirts that are not direct bolt-on as promised. I will say that those that spend the $ to make them fit, they look great! So if you've got the $ and expertise to fit them, go for it!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Those are the skirts I was referring to. Damn bastards created much anguish for skirts that are not direct bolt-on as promised. I will say that those that spend the $ to make them fit, they look great! So if you've got the $ and expertise to fit them, go for it!
Do you remember anyone who actually got a body shop to make them fit? Wondering on how much the process cost

Old 11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Do you remember anyone who actually got a body shop to make them fit? Wondering on how much the process cost
Go through this thread, it was an inglorious group buy that went t!ts up pretty quickly and people still sent money.
This is an episode that is still annoying to those involved. The subcontractor sells them on eBay, no names mentioned but the initials are Dan Root.

The thread was initially called 'AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire' and later amended to 'WARNING SIDE SKIRTS "BUYER BEWARE" - AMG SLK STYLE Side Skirts for the crossfire'

If you were not involved it was quite comical, especially as the threats escalated. The threats were just hot air and the perpetrators are alive and well.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Member John Book has them. They look good on his black coupe. He talked about how much work it took at a body shop to fit and paint them. I don't remember how much he said he had invested.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 454 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Member John Book has them. They look good on his black coupe. He talked about how much work it took at a body shop to fit and paint them. I don't remember how much he said he had invested.
He spent more money to make them fit than he spent to buy them
BUYER BEWARE is right
Contact member "
john book" to get the whole story behind these

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_1318.JPG (314.8 KB, 36 views)
DSC_1321.JPG (340.5 KB, 177 views)
DSC_1322.JPG (419.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 11-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey Dave....kiss my ***... Ole' Danny Boy had a knock on his door... too bad it wasn't me... nothing we could legally do... but..... what goes around comes around. If you want to buy from a thief, buy away...but that is exactly what he is....right here in writing...for all, including you to read...I'm not laughing... and I know Rudy isn't either...and all the others that got stiffed too. We all invested in Rudy, and I would tomorrow...

Old 11-07-2013, 12:22 PM

I remember reading through that thread at length a while ago, just couldn't remember what people said final costs were. I'll go take another look.

Spoiler alert: I randomly happened upon a set for sale about 15 minutes from me at a price where I was willing to take the risk. I haven't sought any bodyshop price quotes yet (waiting to get some painting and body work done all in one shot) and haven't even tested the fitment

Old 11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Hey Dave....kiss my ***... Ole' Danny Boy had a knock on his door... too bad it wasn't me... nothing we could legally do... but..... what goes around comes around. If you want to buy from a thief, buy away...but that is exactly what he is....right here in writing...for all, including you to read...I'm not laughing... and I know Rudy isn't either...and all the others that got stiffed too. We all invested in Rudy, and I would tomorrow...
"You aren't patient grasshopper. Calm. Calm. Calm."

"Be at peace grasshopper."

Those are your exact posts to me on FB about being patient and calm when someone fucked me. Doesn't feel good when someone ***** you, does it?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Go through this thread, it was an inglorious group buy that went t!ts up pretty quickly and people still sent money.
Not exactly. They had all our money for the group buy to initiate the production and wasn't until over 4 months when things started to go awry.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

LIKE, I said, I'm not laughing..... You got your exhaust... The *** clown lied to Rudy, didn't even give his correct name. It was fraud from the get go. Con man, but it would have to had been Rudy and his partner to pursue it. They were dealing with him and the crooked company that built them. They wouldn't do anything either. IF you weren't in it, you should just keep your mouth shut. I don't like crooks, and I would have pursued it. If my travels ever take me to Kalifornia....lol....

Old 11-08-2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
LIKE, I said, I'm not laughing..... You got your exhaust... .
The same way you could have gotten your side skirts, they were not as advertised and required much more work to make look correct. The exhaust pictures sent to me and the description did not match what I received in the mail. Just like the skirts, it is going to take me hours to make these look correct, if some of the damage ever even comes out. After spending several hundred dollars, being lied to for weeks and receiving something subpar, I would say it is a very similar situation, on a smaller scale.

The point I was trying to make is that when it was me getting screwed you had nothing to add, but were all about telling me to calm down and be patient without knowing all the facts, but then you come here and say that if people are not involved they should keep their mouths shut - interesting. I just wanted you to know how frustrating it is to have someone tell you to calm down when you are taking one in the rear, apparently you already know...

If your travels take you to Texas, I have someone I want you to visit.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
If your travels take you to Texas, I have someone I want you to visit.
+1.. Just send me your Pay Pal for gas money donations!

But hey per face book.. looks like they are having fun at a track day event! Warms my heart to know my funds have helped out!

Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
+1.. Just send me your Pay Pal for gas money donations!

But hey per face book.. looks like they are having fun at a track day event! Warms my heart to know my funds have helped out!
Yeah, he lied to me and told me the funds were going to help him get an SRT6 then I see a new audi all over his FB page once the transaction has gone through. Why lie like that?