Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Door opening problem

Old 03-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Door opening problem

Hi Guys and Gals, I have a 2005 Roadster non srt model, and when i use remote to open door , the door doesn`t open properly, it seems to stick on lock on door pillar , when pulling handle on door, however it kind of half releases, and then when i release handle and pull on door handle again, it opens as normal, any ideas, it`s annoying more than anything else, Rgds , Teak

Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Received 883 Likes on 688 Posts
Default Re: Door opening problem

You COULD have a small leak in the air line to that door, but I'd bet the only way to fix it is to take the door panel off and inspect what is going on.

The Roadster trunk lock (the electric one that activates during Top movement) is known for not always retracting - leaving your trunklid jammed. The fix there is easy, just put the top up and down, which moves the lock again, this usually clears it.

But in YOUR case, if it is not a leaky line (and how do you find that?) I'd say it's the mechanism in the door. Maybe go in and inspect it, I've never seen the mechanism but maybe it's gotten dirty or 'dry' of lubricant. Really hard to say, but being mechanical, it should be easier to fix than an electric lock or electric problem.

(Our cars locks are pneumatic, there is an air pump in the fender in the back, behind the tail light in Roadsters and under the trunk mat in Coupes.)

Old 03-02-2014, 04:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Door opening problem

Hi Pizzaguy, thanks for your advice, I`ll let you know if I get it sorted, I live in the UK, it`s a bit cold at the moment to work on car, but when I do, I`ll let you know, Thanks, Teak