Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Fresh Paint

Old 09-04-2014, 02:16 PM
xme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fresh Paint

Yeah, Chrysler said they can have it either tomorrow, or in 7 business days but weren't sure which...

Old 09-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xme
Yeah, Chrysler said they can have it either tomorrow, or in 7 business days but weren't sure which...
LMAO typical dealer response. I am sure it will be either $11 or $57.86

Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any new pictures yet?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Trenzman
Any new pictures yet?
Stopping by tomorrow. I will be honest, even though I have known every guy touching the car for years, it still makes me nervous when anyone but me has the car taken apart, but I simply do not have the time and they can't let it sit around the shop for months while I get around to it, plus I can not do most of the bodywork. That is why I have not made as many appearances over at the shop as I would if it were people I did not trust.

Originally Posted by xme
Let me know how the touch up paint procurement goes

Old 09-11-2014, 09:12 AM
xme

The USPS tracking puts it in Indianapolis this morning, so I expect it will be delivered today or tomorrow. Hopefully....

Old 09-15-2014, 03:13 PM

I am not trying to toot my own horn, but anyone who has seen my car knows that it is pretty clean. I take great pride in having swirl free, glistening paint and until we really started to get into this, I guess all the defects never really 'added' up to me. Now, I notice there are more than I thought.

I think the majority of them, especially rock chips in strange places, are from racing. Either getting the tires hot and throwing stones at the rockers, or following people through the Dragon for 5+ years and having them all over the car. Nothing too big, but they add up. The car is still getting body love before going to the paint shop, here are some photos...

JT

Rockers were much worse than I thought....

Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 AM

Went over last night and cleaned behind all the panels that are removed. Valve covers are being painted right now, to match the calipers and roof spoiler, and the car may be in paint as soon as next week. Stay tuned.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm dropping my car off for paint in November. Keeping the color to myself for now but i'll say that it's not a Chrysler/Dodge color. Anywho, looking good man!

Old 09-19-2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
I'm dropping my car off for paint in November. Keeping the color to myself for now but i'll say that it's not a Chrysler/Dodge color. Anywho, looking good man!
Good luck with the paint, looking forward to seeing it.

Great looking SRT!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:34 AM

What is the story on the hood vents? I have seen them on a Jag and also Bigkid's SRT. Are there any other modded hoods out there?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Custom hoods that were marketed a few years ago.......

Old 09-23-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by fastfunfor2
What is the story on the hood vents? I have seen them on a Jag and also Bigkid's SRT. Are there any other modded hoods out there?
Doc is right, there were a run of maybe 10-15 of these hoods made from PG and wrapped in genuine woven CF and I grabbed one. They are the vents from the SCed XKR Jaguar without the word supercharged on them. Hopefully it will look even better when it has some custom paint and a nice pin stripe to pull it all together...

Old 10-01-2014, 09:02 AM

Newest pictures, we are now in the primer stages...

Old 10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Forum Regular

Looking nice.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:48 AM

this past Saturday actually got her car back from the body shop with a fresh paint job. The black paint looks like black silk. This guy did an amazing job and charged her $1600. She thinks she has a brand-new car now even though she is has had it for eight years. what was nice is that this guy takes a lot of pride in what he is doing. He removed the headlights, the taillights, the mirrors, painted the door handles, fixed the cracks in the wing which happens to all SRT six convertibles. He also sanded the headlights and clear coated them.

The problem now is that her car looks better than mine. I am jealous.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
amaxfire.jpg (148.6 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by RMADERMAN; 10-01-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by RMADERMAN
this past Saturday actually got her car back from the body shop with a fresh paint job. The black paint looks like black silk. This guy did an amazing job and charged her $1600. She thinks she has a brand-new car now even though she is has had it for eight years. what was nice is that this guy takes a lot of pride in what he is doing. He removed the headlights, the taillights, the mirrors, painted the door handles, fixed the cracks in the wing which happens to all SRT six convertibles. He also sanded the headlights and clear coated them.

The problem now is that her car looks better than mine. I am jealous.
That does look good, and we all know how hard a black car is to keep up.

If the $1600 included a full repaint, you got the deal of the century!

Old 10-01-2014, 01:07 PM

Yes, it was a complete repaint. In fact, he had to take off three other layers of paint. her car had Lambeau doors at one time and had red accent stripes, so the repaint that was done to eliminate the red accents was really a poor job and the clearcoat was disintegrating. the car looked absolutely horrible.

Regarding the mods, her car has a 181 crank pulley, tuned, pulley saver units. Seems to there is one more modification that escapes my brain for the moment. my SRT six has the same modifications. Her interior has been modified in that the door panels are red, the center console is red. I have a red steering wheel and red air bag that I have not put on her car and is in my crossfire collection storage area along with it front bumper,a rear bumper, door panels, an extra set of SRT six rims as well as center console parts etc. etc. I have become a quasi- horder of crossfire parts.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:28 PM

I have some primer on her and some blocking/sanding done.

She is smooth as glass and getting ready for a full repaint with some custom touches.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I spent 6 months block sanding a 74 corvette. It was brutal but it was like looking in a mirror when done. It was a Cadillac firemist brown, with gold flake added. I had replace the front and rear plastic bumper covers with fiberglass covers. Car looked like a piece of candy. I am sure she will be nice.... What color?

Old 10-16-2014, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I spent 6 months block sanding a 74 corvette. It was brutal but it was like looking in a mirror when done. It was a Cadillac firemist brown, with gold flake added. I had replace the front and rear plastic bumper covers with fiberglass covers. Car looked like a piece of candy. I am sure she will be nice.... What color?
I will be doing a nice variant of the graphite metallic OEM color with a little more flake. I have always loved this color, and when it is perfect, it looks so good.

Quick Reply: Fresh Paint