Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Trunk edges putting dents in car

Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Trunk edges putting dents in car

Hey everyone!

Today I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. I would almost go as far as to say this wasn't there before but I don't know how this would just happen out of nowhere.
The edges of the trunk are putting two relatively small but noticeable dents in the body above the license plate where the trunk meets the body.
It is not all that bad but of course every time I open the trunk now I will spot those "mishaps".
Has anyone else notices that? Could it be that my trunk lid adjusted itself just a little bit so it now hits the body when closed? If so, how do I adjust the trunk lid?
It will be hard to get rid of those "dents" without spending a lot of money on a repaint.

Thanks,
Nick

Old 10-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Trunk edges putting dents in car

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Hey everyone!

Today I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. I would almost go as far as to say this wasn't there before but I don't know how this would just happen out of nowhere.
The edges of the trunk are putting two relatively small but noticeable dents in the body above the license plate where the trunk meets the body.
It is not all that bad but of course every time I open the trunk now I will spot those "mishaps".
Has anyone else notices that? Could it be that my trunk lid adjusted itself just a little bit so it now hits the body when closed? If so, how do I adjust the trunk lid?
It will be hard to get rid of those "dents" without spending a lot of money on a repaint.

Thanks,
Nick

I had that issue on one side, I had to adjust the alignment bolts for the rubber bumpers on each side. You will see that they have a range of adjustment, just loosen the bolt and move the bumper down until the hatch no longer hits the body but still latches securely.