Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Low Beams Repeatedly Shutting Off

Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Beams Repeatedly Shutting Off

Hello all, I've had some trouble with my lights of late. The low beams are the most recent issue. Sometimes they're on, sometimes they're not. Today I started the car and both low beams were off. I popped the hood open to see if anything was disconnected and nothing was. When I shut the hood the right one came back on from the force. They were both off again later, so I decided to further engage the issue and this is what happened. I simply disconnected the wiring to the front right light and plugged it in again and it came back on and stayed on! yay! The left one, however, was a different issue. I removed the bulb to see if it was burnt out. It was not. -as it should be considering i just replaced it a few months ago- I plugged it back in while still outside the housing and with no luck got mildly frustrated and banged it against frame a few times and it flickered back on! I was ecstatic! I figured I must have jostled something around with the light or the wiring somewhere and proceeded to place it back in the housing, which to do, I had to unplug the light. When i plugged it back in while inside the housing, it didn't turn on... I removed it, and banged it again and it came back on. I then put it back in and it again did not turn on... I repeated this several times until I just gave up...

I am TERRIBLE with electronics and mechanics, and would really appreciate anyone's insight as to how to further move along with this problem!
Thanks!
-Scott

Last edited by Morga424; 01-09-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Low Beams Repeatedly Shutting Off

Get these and replace the bulb connectors :
Amazon.com: Dorman 84717 H7 Bulb Socket: Automotive Amazon.com: Dorman 84717 H7 Bulb Socket: Automotive