Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

fixitmannn1 and his shady Ebay Sales Tactics.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default fixitmannn1 and his shady Ebay Sales Tactics.

I recently purchased a headlight on ebay for a decent price. $420 New Oem.

04 05 06 07 08 Chrysler Crossfire OEM New head light Left DD529 68024631AA
04 05 06 07 08 Chrysler Crossfire OEM New head light Left DD529 68024631AA
Item Id: 171646202459
End time: Jan-25-15 13:44:56 PST
Seller:
fixitmannn1 (1840)
99.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Feb-04-09 in United States

Both bottom tabs are busted and were supposedly broken during shipping from
Chrylser to the seller. There were pictures of the missing tabs, however, until you have seen a headlight assembly, it's hard to understand what your looking at.

I could of bought a headlight with busted tabs for $130 shipped from a member here.

About a $300 lesson.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Re: fixitmannn1 and his shady Ebay Sales Tactics.

I think you have a case to get your money back thru eBays Protection Service. Try here:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/sr?searc...7s+description

And I have to ask, how did you pay? Paypal account or by a credit card associated with your Paypal account? If you used a credit card, you can always dispute the transaction and most of the time your credit card bank will side with you for a credit or refund.

Last edited by James1549; 02-13-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
I think you have a case to get your money back thru eBays Protection Service. Try here:

Online Customer Service

And I have to ask, how did you pay? Paypal account or by a credit card associated with your Paypal account? If you used a credit card, you can always dispute the transaction and most of the time your credit card bank will side with you for a credit or refund.

Don't know about that one.. sounds like seller made it known "broken tabs".. sounds case closed if so.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:02 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

In one place I see 'broken tabs', in another 'missing tabs'.
BIG difference !!!
You can repair the 'broken tabs' with some carefully bent small SS wire for added strength and some good epoxy ( I did ),
but 'missing tabs' would be much more problematic.

NOTE TO EVERYONE SHIPPING A HEADLIGHT : MAKE SURE IT IS PACKED IN PEANUTS OR BUBBLE WRAP WITH AT LEAST 3" TOP, BOTTOM AND SIDES IN A STRONG BOX.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 02-14-2015 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I saw that listing. The seller described the lower tabs as broken and provided 12 pictures of the headlight.

Old 02-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Forum Regular

If you look at this add on your phone, you will never see the the description of broken tabs or missing tabs. All you see is New OEM Headlight.

Yes there are pictures, however, if you have never seen a headlight assembly out of the car, you might not know what a busted tab looks like or where it would be. I feel like the words NEW OEM should have never been used in this situation.

Slightly damaged, never installed, something like that. If something is busted, it's not new, nobody designs parts to come off the assembly line broken. I have a hard time believing that Chrysler would ship a headlight such that the tabs would break off, NO metal anywhere for the bolts. There were missing parts ( the metal inserts) as well.

I only expect the SHAFT on this purchase. I should have analyzed the add and reported it to Ebay instead of buying a headlight but I needed a headlight in a hurry.

Buyer beware, read every word of every add, especially when they say New OEM!
fixitmann1 said I could return it but I didn't buy a NEW OEM headlight so I had to worry about a return. I could have bought a similar headlight here on forum for $130. Fixitmann1 assures me I got a deal!

Old 02-16-2015, 05:47 PM

Oh definitely look it over carefully.. was looking at boat actions.. nothing showed additional fees in the body of the auction .. unless you scrolled all the little pictures across. The end picture was for something like Anchor Angels or something.. with a $350 dollar document fee added to price.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Oh definitely look it over carefully.. was looking at boat actions.. nothing showed additional fees in the body of the auction .. unless you scrolled all the little pictures across. The end picture was for something like Anchor Angels or something.. with a $350 dollar document fee added to price.

Boat Angels

Old 02-16-2015, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Travish
Boat Angels

That's them.. lots of pics.. you could easily see enough to bid not realizing that last one "gotcha" pic was there!

Old 02-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Forum Regular

I saw the pictures. I saw the headlight with tape on the tabs! Except..... I have never seen seen the bottom of a crossfire headlight before ever. I searched EBAY for New parts. My fault for expecting new parts to be unbroken. I am not saying the fixitmann1 broke the law, I am not saying he wouldn't take back his overpriced headlight. I am saying that his add for a New OEM headlight kept me from looking for other available headlights. I didn't buy a headlight with 2 busted tabs for $130 shipped, because I didn't want to have rig the headlight to aim and point the proper direction or wiggle at high speed. Just be aware when buying NEW OEM parts from this dude as they may be broken and overpriced.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NEW would definitely indicate to me UNBROKEN, and if not, should not have been indicated as NEW. I would definitely return for full refund, without question,

Old 02-19-2015, 04:03 PM

Think his statement tells you everything you needed to know. How can you not understand this?? And additional statements in the auction..

Their is a 25% restocking charge, on any part that is returned, because the buyer did not order the correct item, did not read the description, or if the buyer has buyers remorse.

We special ordered this light in, from Chrysler.
When we opened the box we found the lower mount tabs were broke.
Due to the Fed ex crushing the box.
The upper mount tabs are perfect. The light is new and was never used.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-19-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

It was not shown on the first page of the Add. I selected NEW OEM so I wouldn't read the entire add and search for shady tactics. This backfired on me. I can understand it quite easily when you blow up the print hidden on the last page of a 9 page add.

I wish you had been the seller smarty pants and you'd still be the proud owner of a busteded NEW OEM HEADLIGHT.

Try to understand this.....

Other NEW OEM HEADLIGHTS THAT ARE NOT BUSTED ARE SELLING FOR THE SAME PRICE ON EBAY. WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY THIS ONE?? WHY WOULD ANYONE TRY TO SELL IT IN THIS CONDITION KNOWING THIS UNLESS THEY WERE TRYING TO DECEIVE SOMEONE.

Think his statement tells you everything you needed to know. How can you not understand this?? And additional statements in the auction..

Their is a 25% restocking charge, on any part that is returned, because the buyer did not order the correct item, did not read the description, or if the buyer has buyers remorse.

We special ordered this light in, from Chrysler.
When we opened the box we found the lower mount tabs were broke.
Due to the Fed ex crushing the box.
The upper mount tabs are perfect. The light is new and was never used.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

AS I understand it, you got the unit WITHOUT any lower tabs or the metal nuts, right ?
Why didn't he at least include those so an attempt at repairing the light could be done ?

Old 02-19-2015, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by mobilefitt
It was not shown on the first page of the Add. I selected NEW OEM so I wouldn't read the entire add and search for shady tactics. This backfired on me. I can understand it quite easily when you blow up the print hidden on the last page of a 9 page add.

I wish you had been the seller smarty pants and you'd still be the proud owner of a busteded NEW OEM HEADLIGHT.

Try to understand this.....

Other NEW OEM HEADLIGHTS THAT ARE NOT BUSTED ARE SELLING FOR THE SAME PRICE ON EBAY. WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY THIS ONE?? WHY WOULD ANYONE TRY TO SELL IT IN THIS CONDITION KNOWING THIS UNLESS THEY WERE TRYING TO DECEIVE SOMEONE.

No need to head towards being an A$$.. I just did a copy - paste.. no fonts were altered during that posting.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Forum Regular

some people just don't know how to say.... I guess your right. Thanks for making us aware.

I'm not looking for pity, or even my money back. I want justice! No one can give me back the time I spent removing the old light, rigging the new light so that I could drive to work the next day, or the few hundred extra dollars I spent to avoid having to rig all of this together.

I could have returned the light for a refund. If I wanted my money, I would have kept it and never bought a light.

I don't want someone else to make the same stupid mistake that I did and assume that a new oem headlight would be unbroken. Awareness is the goal.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:52 PM

Well hell.. let me say it then.. Thanks for letting me know I should read descriptions and pay attention to pictures when they point at something and maybe question it further if I don't know what they are pointing out...

Now we can all feel warm and fuzzy I guess.

And I'm even going to help you out here! When you read a price like 99 cents for an oem headlight... make sure you look at the shipping charge.. they sneak in a $450 packing fee!

YOUR WELCOME!

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-20-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would cut the tabs off the old headlights at the base and plasti weld them on the new ones. problem solved. But thats me when it comes to fixing things...gotta think outside the box.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:45 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well hell.. let me say it then.. Thanks for letting me know I should read descriptions and pay attention to pictures when they point at something and maybe question it further if I don't know what they are pointing out...

Now we can all feel warm and fuzzy I guess.

And I'm even going to help you out here! When you read a price like 99 cents for an oem headlight... make sure you look at the shipping charge.. they sneak in a $450 packing fee!

YOUR WELCOME!

LMAO.....thank you.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I've bought over 900 items off of ebay over 12 years and have had less than 20 bad experiences that I can recall. Sometimes the seller fixed it on their own, and sometimes I had to open a case with ebay, and either the seller fixed it then or ebay forced them.

Last year I bought a GPS which the seller listed the item condition as Refurbished. As it turned out the seller bought the item Refurbished and used it for a while. He shipped it to me with accessories missing and it was clearly not a refurbished package. It should have been listed as used. I opened a case with ebay and the seller agreed to a partial refund.

I see the seller of this headlight listed the condition as "New other" with "See details".

Recently I bought some fog light bumper inserts/blanks from a seller for a project to put in LED lights. The seller listed them as used, but did not say there were any problems. The only picture was fuzzy and one side could not be seen on one of them. When I received them I found one was broken on that side that could not be seen in the picture and was badly glued. The seller refused to accept responsibility for the condition or not mentioning this in the listing. He blamed me saying I must have changed my mind, bought one from another seller or getting one for Christmas, and saying his listing said no returns. His emails were accusatory without punctuation and mostly capital letters. He eventually agreed to refund half the purchase price if I returned the damage part. However, when he received it back he sent a message through paypal offering less. I opened a case with ebay and included a picture of the broken and glued part. ebay fixed the problem.

Last edited by Toolman; 02-24-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: fixitmannn1 and his shady Ebay Sales Tactics.