Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Fender LED signal lamps!!

Old 05-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender LED signal lamps!!

These fender LED signal lights have saved my car sooo many times! Any Crossfire owner knows; we have horrible blind spots. This is a great way to prevent a possible lane-change collision without putting those ugly dome style trailer mirrors on our door mirrors!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fender Signal LED's.jpg (729.5 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by RUBRDUX; 05-10-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:45 AM
Default Re: Fender LED signal lamps!!

Originally Posted by RUBRDUX
These fender LED signal lights have saved my car sooo many times! Any Crossfire owner knows; we have horrible blind spots. This is a great way to prevent a possible lane-change collision without putting those ugly dome style trailer mirrors on our actual door mirrors!

Where did you get these?? I would like to put these on my xfire! I have the worst time changing lanes with that huge trunk panel in my way! I need these!

Old 05-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Forum Regular

A quick how to write up with where to find the LED's would probably be appreciated by many forum members! - By the way they look great.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Forum Regular

These fender LED signal lights have saved my car sooo many times! Any Crossfire owner knows; we have horrible blind spots. This is a great way to prevent a possible lane-change collision without putting those ugly dome style trailer mirrors on our actual door mirrors!

I see you are a new member - Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are great lights! I had to mount the ugly blind post mirror on the passenger side mirror. Were they easy to install?

Old 05-11-2015, 08:03 PM

Need...

NOW

Old 05-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

DIY ! DIY !
With step by step, pictures and part sources please ........

Old 05-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

These fender LED signal lights have saved my car sooo many times! Any Crossfire owner knows; we have horrible blind spots. This is a great way to prevent a possible lane-change collision without putting those ugly dome style trailer mirrors on our door mirrors!
So this means other drivers have to look out for you changing lanes unsafely rather than you being careful?
Around here that is called reckless driving, I prefer to set my mirrors correctly and try wreckless driving.

DIY as requested.

Here is a method of installing these lights using light units available off the shelf, maybe the old license plate units with LED bulbs or the new LED units. No cutting of the fenders required. Gorilla tape can be used on black cars and duct tape on silver and SSB cars. I'm looking for some blue tape that matches my car.

I think Red Green would approve.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0344 (800x531).jpg (316.9 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-12-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

We don't seem to be getting any additional information or response from RUBRDUX . . . I remember seeing a post from years ago where someone installed turn signals in their side strakes but I can't find it (buy the way I think the new search function is very weak at best) Can anyone find that old thread?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
So this means other drivers have to look out for you changing lanes unsafely rather than you being careful?
Around here that is called reckless driving, I prefer to set my mirrors correctly and try wreckless driving.

DIY as requested.

Here is a method of installing these lights using light units available off the shelf, maybe the old license plate units with LED bulbs or the new LED units. No cutting of the fenders required. Gorilla tape can be used on black cars and duct tape on silver and SSB cars. I'm looking for some blue tape that matches my car.

A MUST HAVE! Only thing I need to do extra would be a real close color tape so that as I speed by cutting people off they could not see the type of car (have to go with the plate LED's as that would temp blind them. Reason being, I could then zip the tape off after I got home, and when the coppers came, I would say 'What side lights', the guy must be drunk! LMAO This place cracks me UP!

Old 05-12-2015, 06:56 PM

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...4-800x531-.jpg

Ever hear of soap and water up there in Canada ? Dang that car is dirty.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Woke up on the wrong side of the border, huh, Dave?

DIY as requested.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:26 PM

As with every car I’ve ever owned, I bought my Crossfire totaled and fixed it at cost because my family owns a chain of collision repair facilities in & around Nashville, TN. It’s been several years, at least 6, since this transpired. I wasn’t involved with every step, but I remember I ordered the LED lumen bulb’s off eBay, drilled holes in the fender fins while the fenders themselves were removed, spliced the wiring in with the signal lights, & mounted them in the fins during reassembly of the fenders. I have no DIY steps to show you because, again, the fenders where off the vehicle at that time & it was years ago. Sorry guys. I’d just joined the forum and wanted to show off an aspect that makes my Crossfire different, I’m sure you can all understand that.

Last edited by RUBRDUX; 05-13-2015 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 05-13-2015, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...4-800x531-.jpg

Ever hear of soap and water up there in Canada ? Dang that car is dirty.
I only wash it a few times a year, water causes rust. It also means hard work.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:34 AM

As with every car I’ve ever owned, I bought my Crossfire totaled and fixed it at cost because my family owns a chain of collision repair facilities in & around Nashville, TN. It’s been several years, at least 6, since this transpired. I wasn’t involved with every step, but I remember I ordered the LED lumen bulb’s off eBay, drilled holes in the fender fins while the fenders themselves were removed, spliced the wiring in with the signal lights, & mounted them in the fins during reassembly of the fenders. I have no DIY steps to show you because, again, the fenders where off the vehicle at that time & it was years ago. Sorry guys. I’d just joined the forum and wanted to show off an aspect that makes my Crossfire different, I’m sure you can all understand that.
That's a big 10-4 on that, rubberducky !

Old 05-14-2015, 07:34 AM

I do indeed appreciate it, sir. Nice touch.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:20 PM

I see this pst was corrected for "grammer", how about a spelling correction

Old 07-02-2016, 11:04 AM

I see this pst was corrected for "grammer", how about a spelling correction
Jesus, Dave. You really need a hobby. This was a year ago.

Have you washed your car yet?

Old 07-02-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Jesus, Dave. You really need a hobby. This was a year ago.

Have you washed your car yet?

I thought it was funny that the post was corrected for grammar and an obvious spelling mistake was included in the explanation for the correction.

If you dig back in time on this forum you can actually find some hilarious posts.

I actually washed my car for the first time this year last week. I was doing it as my wife came home a bit earlier than expected so then I had to wash hers.

Save