Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Right front turn signal not working.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Right front turn signal not working.

Hello everyone,
I hope you all had a great weekend.

I just realised that my right front turn signal isn't working. I checked all fuses, they are all good. I first thought that the socket connectors were damaged, but I was wrong. When i plug the socket into the left headlight assembly, it works fine. I think I may have narrowed it down to an wiring/electrical issue(s).

Anyone has an idea what should I do or look next?

Thank you,
-Ben

Old 06-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Right front turn signal not working.

I've got a similar issue:

Recently purchased a 2004 SSB Coupe and the previous owner had put blue LEDs in the front turn signal locations. Both worked as turn signals, both worked when used as turn signals. Other than the fact they looked dorky and were highly illegal, everything worked as it should. Well, other than that crazy fast turn signal thing, but I put that down to a lack of resistors and the fact that these cars don't seem to like LEDs on outside lights. Fine.

I pulled them out and replaced them with standard orange turn signal bulbs. But I also pulled both headlight assemblies completely out of the car as they needed a full sanding and re-coating. I put everything back in and ....... no turn signal on the right side. As with Chiminoul, if I pull out the socket assembly from the right side and swap it with the left, it works over there but I still have no right turn signal. Rear signals are confirmed to be working as are all other external lights. I do get the "light out" warning light on the dash. I will also admit that the main connection on the right side headlight assembly was a bit resistant to removal, but installation felt totally normal.

I'm thinking I might have damaged something when pulling that connector out and that's causing the right side turn signal to not get a..... well.... signal. No free flow of electrons as neeeded, when needed, so to speak.

Thoughts???

Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Not only do the contacts in the bulb holder have to be clean, the same is true for the matching contacts inside the headlight assembly.
Meter the contacts inside the headlight with the blinker on.
Maybe some simple cleaning up will fix it ?

Old 11-27-2016, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chiminoul
Hello everyone,
I hope you all had a great weekend.

I just realised that my right front turn signal isn't working. I checked all fuses, they are all good. I first thought that the socket connectors were damaged, but I was wrong. When i plug the socket into the left headlight assembly, it works fine. I think I may have narrowed it down to an wiring/electrical issue(s).

Anyone has an idea what should I do or look next?

Thank you,
-Ben
A picture would be worth a thousand words here.
Does anyone have a photo of the contact in question ?

Also...if this socket is light the main headlights there is only one orientation (clocking) that is correct for installing the assembly. A photo of that would be great too.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrodgers2
A picture would be worth a thousand words here.
Does anyone have a photo of the contact in question ?

Also...if this socket is light the main headlights there is only one orientation (clocking) that is correct for installing the assembly. A photo of that would be great too.
Is this what you want? CLICK

Old 11-27-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Is this what you want? CLICK
That pic helps, yes. Thanks.

I actually was able to figure it out today. The original post by Ronman was spot on.

I just cleaned the contacts with a small file. Didn't have my favorite DetoxIt contact cleaner.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...+gold&tbm=shop

I noticed one had been bent sideways. Just straightening that one probably was what make the difference.

I ran out of daylight but I will take some photos later and post here.

The following users liked this post:
myxfr (07-08-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 08:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sanding and cleaning alone did not work for me, but slightly bending the contact so it sticks out from the black plastic more is what did work. Very finicky contact, but it works now.