Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Can anyone help me?

Old 08-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help me?

Last night I parked my Crossfire in the garage turned it off and also turned the lights off, however the low beams stayed on and will not shut off. I've tried to take the switch out but appears to be a sealed unit. I disconnected the battery over night hooked it back up but the lights came on again. Anyone?

Old 08-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Can anyone help me?

Originally Posted by bramac
Last night I parked my Crossfire in the garage turned it off and also turned the lights off, however the low beams stayed on and will not shut off. I've tried to take the switch out but appears to be a sealed unit. I disconnected the battery over night hooked it back up but the lights came on again. Anyone?
Is this a U.S. Or a Canadian car originally?
I say that because if it is a U.S. Car it will have the DayTime Running light modification required by Transport Canada and if it was done using the CTC unit, the unit may be failing to switch off automatically for some reason.
Just a guess though.
Is it a manual or automatic?

Old 08-30-2015, 02:18 PM

It was an American vehicle first. The car is a manual. Thanks so much for the info I will check it out.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:14 PM

I pulled the fuse on the DRL and the lights work perfect. Thanks so much, I know the problem is in the DRL switch not the headlight switch.