Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Power source when door is open '07 Roadster

Old 11-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power source when door is open '07 Roadster

When I got my Xfire the prior owner had a set of wind restrictor lighted door sills but they were not installed and no instruction sheet to be found. I searched and searched here and found about 10 different answers about the easiest way to pull the switched power. Seem there is no set in stone answer. I figured out the coupe and roadster have different wiring harness's. I see some say use the red and grey wire/ solid brown twinned with yellow on the drivers side behind the seat . On my Roadster there is no red/grey behind the drivers seat but the passenger has 2 red/grey. I tried both and they are hot all the time. I though the red/grey might be hot all the time and the ground gets dropped to break the circuit. I tried the brown twinned with yellow for the ground and tried the brown with yellow stripe like timelord says to use. I popped out the trunk light and it has red/grey and a brown/blue stripe. Tried that, nope. I took my meter and tried about every combination possible even when letting the light time out. Has anyone installed the door sills on a roadster that you can look on the directions OR does anyone know for sure which wires/location.
Thanks in advance
Travis

Old 11-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts
Default Re: Power source when door is open 07 Roadster

Originally Posted by Travish
When I got my Xfire the prior owner had a set of wind restrictor lighted door sills but they were not installed and no instruction sheet to be found. I searched and searched here and found about 10 different answers about the easiest way to pull the switched power. Seem there is no set in stone answer. I figured out the coupe and roadster have different wiring harness's. I see some say use the red and grey wire/ solid brown twinned with yellow on the drivers side behind the seat . On my Roadster there is no red/grey behind the drivers seat but the passenger has 2 red/grey. I tried both and they are hot all the time. I though the red/grey might be hot all the time and the ground gets dropped to break the circuit. I tried the brown twinned with yellow for the ground and tried the brown with yellow stripe like timelord says to use. I popped out the trunk light and it has red/grey and a brown/blue stripe. Tried that, nope. I took my meter and tried about every combination possible even when letting the light time out. Has anyone installed the door sills on a roadster that you can look on the directions OR does anyone know for sure which wires/location.
Thanks in advance
Travis
Why not contact Wind Restrictor?
They probably connect like the OEM ones look at the thread in my sig it is in miscellaneous.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Why not contact Wind Restrictor?
They probably connect like the OEM ones look at the thread in my sig it is in miscellaneous.
I tried sending an email today but it just gets bounced back. I will call them tomorrow.

180, I guess it's in the "mopar accessories" category? BTW, my computer doesn't like your PDF's. If I save or try to open I only get a black screen. I am using 8.2?

Old 11-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Travish
I tried sending an email today but it just gets bounced back. I will call them tomorrow.

180, I guess it's in the "mopar accessories" category? BTW, my computer doesn't like your PDF's. If I save or try to open I only get a black screen. I am using 8.2?
This is the official OEM lighted sill install PDF.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Forum Regular

FYI for future searchers.
Wiring harness behind drivers seat, if not behind drivers seat check passenger side.

Coupe
Positive = Red wire white stripe
Negative = Brown wire with yellow stripe that only grounds with door open

Roadster
Positive = Red wire with yellow stripe which is a bit thicker
Negative = wire from door pin/switch that has 2 colors.