Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Switching Tails. Any Chance Its PNP?

Old 01-23-2016, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switching Tails. Any Chance Its PNP?

Id like to pull my whale tail off the SRT6, and end up with a functioning deployment Limited spoiler.

I havent started pulling anything apart, but im hoping ill find the motorized spoiler wiring conn sitting there when the SRT wing comes off. 1 harness for all cars?

Has anybody tried going this direction? I have the pan, the wing and the control module for the dash. Just polling. Have no idea about the smarts/programming.

Old 01-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Re: Switching Tails. Any Chance Its PNP?

Originally Posted by jwhdfw
Id like to pull my whale tail off the SRT6, and end up with a functioning deployment Limited spoiler.

I havent started pulling anything apart, but im hoping ill find the motorized spoiler wiring conn sitting there when the SRT wing comes off. 1 harness for all cars?

Has anybody tried going this direction? I have the pan, the wing and the control module for the dash. Just polling. Have no idea about the smarts/programming.
If I remember correctly our member FUBU has done this. Maybe shoot him a PM.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Anybody Else know anything about this? Or attempted? Fubu doesn't appear to be answering his PM's

Old 03-11-2016, 01:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No, there's no wiring for a Limited spoiler on the SRT-6. Also no button to manually control it. BCM is different too, which controls the spoiler on a Limited. It can be done, but why?!?

Old 03-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chuK_138
No, there's no wiring for a Limited spoiler on the SRT-6. Also no button to manually control it. BCM is different too, which controls the spoiler on a Limited. It can be done, but why?!?
Because he's a sneaky bustard!

Old 03-11-2016, 09:53 AM

Thank goodness somebody answered!!!! My first CF was a first year, brand new 2004 Limited because I LOVED that boattail look. Loved it on the 928, love it on the Panamera, want it back.

Also - I think the whale tail on the SRT just looks wrong... I'm going to show my age here, but it reminds me of that chinzy tail Datsun just stuffed on that silver and blue special edition 280ZX.

I have the pan, I have the tail and motor, I have the switch group..... I need the body computer and the wiring harness. Anything else?

Old 03-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank goodness somebody answered!!!! My first CF was a first year, brand new 2004 Limited because I LOVED that boattail look. Loved it on the 928, love it on the Panamera, want it back.

Also - I think the whale tail on the SRT just looks wrong... I'm going to show my age here, but it reminds me of that chinzy tail Datsun just stuffed on that silver and blue special edition 280ZX.

I have the pan, I have the tail and motor, I have the switch group..... I need the body computer and the wiring harness. Anything else?
Yeah a lot of patience

Old 03-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

The simple way to get this working is just to have it raise when the ignition is turned on. No big deal, people will think you have a poor battery.
Either that or raise it using a switch you control in the cabin.