Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Side Mirror Help Please

Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirror Help Please

My passenger side mirror got knocked. Now just spins. I have bought on Ebay a mirror to get the correct part (Retainer Nut). Not same color.
How do I take this mirror apart to get the nut?? See picture
Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Mirror.jpg (3.60 MB, 32 views)
Old 08-25-2016, 06:50 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Side Mirror Help Please

There is nothing in the service manual beyond removing and installing the mirror.
From your picture, I'd say start by removing those 5 Torx screws.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by KUJhawk
My passenger side mirror got knocked. Now just spins. I have bought on Ebay a mirror to get the correct part (Retainer Nut). Not same color.
How do I take this mirror apart to get the nut?? See picture
Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.
I have had my mirrors off, but I do not know what nut you are referring to, possibly the one at the end of the mirror stem inside the door?
If so the mirrors are removed by turning the mirror close to the window as if you were bringing it in to clear a door or something. On the based fixed to the door are two screws, undo these and the mirror comes out from the door in one piece, it will be attached to the wires still, these are unplugged and the mirror is free.
This .pdf may give you some clues. CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-25-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I figured this would be a better alternative to started a new thread entirely. What is the process to removing the side mirror? I recently obtained a new rubber trim ring that goes at the base of the mirror (mine was old and starting to deteriorate) so I need to remove the mirror to install it. Any tips?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I figured this would be a better alternative to started a new thread entirely. What is the process to removing the side mirror? I recently obtained a new rubber trim ring that goes at the base of the mirror (mine was old and starting to deteriorate) so I need to remove the mirror to install it. Any tips?
Rotating the whole mirror into the position where it is against the window exposes two screws. Take them out and the mirror is loose, I think you then disconnect the wires .you can then add the new seal.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Rotating the whole mirror into the position where it is against the window exposes two screws. Take them out and the mirror is loose, I think you then disconnect the wires .you can then add the new seal.

Ok awesome. Much easier than I expected (from the sound of it at least). I'll go give that a shot in a little bit. Thanks.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

Ok so removing the bolts for the side-mirror was a cakewalk. But where do you disconnect the cable for the power mirror? Looks like it may be a job where you have to remove the interior door panel Why can't anything just ever be simple with these cars?

Old 08-09-2017, 07:08 PM

Ok so removing the bolts for the side-mirror was a cakewalk. But where do you disconnect the cable for the power mirror? Looks like it may be a job where you have to remove the interior door panel Why can't anything just ever be simple with these cars?
If I remember correctly you will see a grommet around the wires where they go into the door. Pull the grommet out of the door and pull the wire out of the door. You should find a plug and socket that you can separate. Do not let the wire go back into the door or you will have to take of the inner panel.
Here is the Mopar PDF on how to install signalling mirrors on the Crossfire. You are only doing the first few steps.
Realize that you would not have to leave the mirror hanging on the wires while you removed the inner panel, so the connector is easy to get to.
CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

When you open the door you should see a square panel on the inside which you can pop off and the connector is right there. Disconnect it and you should be able to pull the connector thru the outer hole. I just did this about a week ago.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

Ok great. I'll check it out today. Thanks for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Sussudio
When you open the door you should see a square panel on the inside which you can pop off and the connector is right there. Disconnect it and you should be able to pull the connector thru the outer hole. I just did this about a week ago.
Originally Posted by onehundred80
If I remember correctly you will see a grommet around the wires where they go into the door. Pull the grommet out of the door and pull the wire out of the door. You should find a plug and socket that you can separate. Do not let the wire go back into the door or you will have to take of the inner panel.
Here is the Mopar PDF on how to install signalling mirrors on the Crossfire. You are only doing the first few steps.
Realize that you would not have to leave the mirror hanging on the wires while you removed the inner panel, so the connector is easy to get to.
CLICK

Old 08-10-2017, 01:51 PM

Ok great. I'll check it out today. Thanks for the feedback.
Studying the PDF I added it is evident I was wrong and sussudios post is correct, sorry. Take out the trim panel and that should work.
I added the signalling mirrors a few years back and got it wrong, easily done a my age.