Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Right brake light

Old 10-19-2016, 09:28 PM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right brake light

So today got the warning light for a bad bulb, it is the right brake light that is out. Got a new bulb and in the coupe there is a panel in the trunk that should expose the rear lights. I pulled and twisted but could not remove it, now I do not want to relly jerk on it and screw it up. So what holds it in and if I just pull hard will I mess it up? Got a new bulb ready to install.

Thanks
Dan
05. SRT6

Old 10-19-2016, 10:41 PM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts
Default Re: Right brake light

Originally Posted by DHS
So today got the warning light for a bad bulb, it is the right brake light that is out. Got a new bulb and in the coupe there is a panel in the trunk that should expose the rear lights. I pulled and twisted but could not remove it, now I do not want to relly jerk on it and screw it up. So what holds it in and if I just pull hard will I mess it up? Got a new bulb ready to install.

Thanks
Dan
05. SRT6
Just pull, it'll come out without damage. They are tough suckers.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Right brake light

While your there ,take a good look at the socket itself.It has been known to get hot an deform ,causing problems with the light not working or trouble getting the bulb to seat correctly.