Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Trunk won't open

Old 10-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk won't open

How do I get in trunk key fob won't open locks neither will inside button

Old 10-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: Trunk won't open

Originally Posted by Chachi66
THE IGNITON KEY SHOULD UNLOCK THE DOORS.

Then start the engine and run it for a few moments. Trunk should unlock.

Same thing happened to me just before the Dragon. I think it was Maxichon who told me the trick.

Also, Under the rear license plate is a hole. I think it has the same key lock inside.

Old 10-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Chachi66
Presumably the fob opens the.doors from what you say, so I imagine that the air line to the trunk opener has broken. In that case so done will have to get in the tripung and remove the passenger side upper, lower and the rear trunk panel.
This will enable you to see the yellow air line from the pump to the trunk lock and replace it. If you are lucky you will find the break inside the rubber corrugated hose at the top of the hatch on the passenger side, of so a repair may be done using a larger hose that fits over the yellow one.
I would not spend any time looking for a lock under the license plate inthe hole there, seemingly some have been able to open the trunk using something to trip the lock.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

You assume the OP has a coupe and I took his post to mean that he had a roadster . . . Also says he can't open the locks with the key fob OR the button on the dash. Seems to me like the old water flooding the trunk and ruining the central locking module pump. More information from the OP would be helpful. Then we could have this thread moved to the appropriate forum category too.

Last edited by RED DOG; 10-10-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
You assume the OP has a coupe and I took his post to mean that he had a roadster . . . Also says he can't open the locks with the key fob OR the button on the dash. Seems to me like the old water flooding the trunk and ruining the central locking module pump. More information from the OP would be helpful. Then we could have this thread moved to the appropriate forum category too.
You are correct, this is almost like a post just saying "My car will not start".

Old 10-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I think I'll start a post called "I forgot where I parked my car, can anyone help ? "

Old 11-04-2015, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

DAMN. Where is the thread that someone talked about how to get into the trunk? I thought they got in thru the tag light holes.

Got a guy on youtube asking.

Old 11-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, when repairing subwoofer, I noticed you can access 2 of the central locking air lines behind the passenger seat. I assume they go to the passenger door, and the fuel door, but didn't pursue it. I am considering some type of mechanical additional way of unlocking/opening the liftgate if the central locking pump fails. Maybe even using parts that the roadster uses for the glow in the dark handle mandated in all trunks.

Old 11-05-2015, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
FWIW, when repairing subwoofer, I noticed you can access 2 of the central locking air lines behind the passenger seat. I assume they go to the passenger door, and the fuel door, but didn't pursue it. I am considering some type of mechanical additional way of unlocking/opening the liftgate if the central locking pump fails. Maybe even using parts that the roadster uses for the glow in the dark handle mandated in all trunks.
The two lines you see are for the front doors, the hatch and fuel door lines do not pass the bulkhead. The hatch line goes up into the headliner rear area to enter the corrugated rubber connection to the hatch door and the fuel door line basically goes straight to the door from the pump.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The two lines you see are for the front doors, the hatch and fuel door lines do not pass the bulkhead. The hatch line goes up into the headliner rear area to enter the corrugated rubber connection to the hatch door and the fuel door line basically goes straight to the door from the pump.
OK, I thought the drivers door would have been off by itself. And the fuel door is Teed in to the passenger door, correct? If so, that would be an alternate way to activate the fuel door, cut that tube, and you can actuate the lock, then splice it back together.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:51 PM

OK, I thought the drivers door would have been off by itself. And the fuel door is Teed in to the passenger door, correct? If so, that would be an alternate way to activate the fuel door, cut that tube, and you can actuate the lock, then splice it back together.
You can see the Tee for the hatch and the line going up to the fuel door. As the fuel door operates only when locking the car with the fob it requires a separate line.
The two door lines pass by the bulkhead in a thru hole with cables.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Trunk-Gas Tank.jpg (2.13 MB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg
DSC_0360 (800x531).jpg (217.2 KB, 259 views)
Old 11-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Already said. Sorry

Old 08-16-2021, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello this is my 1st post . I cant thank all you guys enough for all the posts ive read for your excellent advice . You might tell me what i have done is not a good idea and if so i wont do it again.
But my roof is broken and i got the boot locked and it would not open . I tried to release it through the number plate light hole as suggested ,anyway there is a metal plate behind mine and i just could not move the plastic catch
So i decided to do the bit where you hold the electric switch to open the roof while the ignition is on and continue holding it after you turn the ignition off for 5 seconds and found this unlocks the boot as well.but i have not read this anywhere
So if you come back and say its ok to do it .This may help Others.....by the way my roof still isnt working yet but i will keep beavering away